Nikon D3 £1134.75 on ebay

Weird that these seem to be delayed so much...but I wish I had committed to one!

Techfurb though seem to be very strange. They seem to list things and then completely withdraw everything. I was looking at a number of items last night and this morning everything is withdrawn, no items for sale. The prices seemed about right so this is strange behaviour.

The Pentax K7's seem to have been making positive feedback at £217 so fingers crossed.

All 9 of my items just arrived.....all mint apart from one which I knew about anyway!

I'm a very happy fat lad! :)

PS: Anyone want to buy a blu-ray player??!! :D

U missed it I'm afraid. Things like this don't happen too often!

so how come they have nothing in their shop now whatsoever?! i want a bargain!!!

Yeah you've missed it all!! :(

It'll be one of those things we all talk about in 20 years time when reminiscing about the good old days......

"Remember that time when the office junior at techfurb balls'd up the pricing for everything....."

"Yeah, I loved that £1.49 DeLonghi Dehumidifier....."

so if id decided to click onto this forum a few days earlier, just a few days i could have got myself a damn cheap D3, well would have to persuade the parents to allow me to basically spend everything I have and therefore have no money left for uni next year, come to think of it, maybe i missed it for the best... oh well ive still bookmarked the page incase something else comes up!

Well if you have followed from the beginning, none of the d3s actually show up.................yet.

Pentax K-7 with weather proof kit lens and Pentax DF-A 100mm macro arrived. Looks absolutely mint even though said used. Boxes are tatty as hell though.

Profit I make on the kit lens and macro will more or less cover what I paid for the camera.

Just hope i havent got a 6 hour charge now just to find out its knackered .... :cautious:

Well happy days, my parcel has arrived, :clap: Have to thank Bemcsa again for letting us all know about this.

Last edited:
Cool! Now where is the d3?!
If you can provide the vat receipt if/when you really need to use the warranty. I don't see why nikon don't honour the warranty.

Cool! Now where is the d3?!
If you can provide the vat receipt if/when you really need to use the warranty. I don't see why nikon don't honour the warranty.

Dude.... Pester them for the D3 to be dispatched - tell em you need it for holiday!

Well happy days, my parcel has arrived, Sony MP3 player brand new £60 in Comet, all for £21. Nikon 18-200 VR, in box, brand new never used, all for £127 :clap: Have to thank Bemcsa again for letting us all know about this.

PS Even though Techfurb have given me a 12 months warranty it still came with the Nikon warranty card, would this be valid if I register it?

Bemcsa who has not actually received anything yet; oh the irony :shrug:

Those lucky ones that have received their bargains, did Techfurb mark the item as dispatched on the ebay listing?

did Techfurb mark the item as dispatched on the ebay listing?

Not on any of mine! :shake:

Somehow, Lynton got hold of a DHL tracking number and found out that his parcel was out on a van for delivery today.....no idea how he did it though! :shrug:

The D3 has just been marked as dispatched on the ebay listing; things are looking up :)

Dude.... Pester them for the D3 to be dispatched - tell em you need it for holiday!

Honestly speaking, I'm really leaving for 3 weeks holiday starting tmr! If it didn't turn up by mid day, I will have to wait a while more!
All I can do now is wait. Oh well at least I've got d90 for that.

All items I ordered are marked dispatched on e-bay and today I received 3 2gig SD cards at £1.90 each, a Lowepro flipside 300 at £4.97 and a Logik 19" Freeview HD ready LCD TV DVD combo with Ipod dock for £7.27 :clap:.

Just waiting on the Crumpler Muffin top 4000 (£2.98) and a Lowepro Rezo 140 (£1.79)

Bit of a result really.

My missing parcel, 4th and last, has also been marked as despatched and had another email thanking me for my payment too. Eyes peeled for the DHL man in the morning!

I just got another payment confirrmation mail from them for my D3 (y)

My 70-200F4L IS and Lowepro bag arrived yesterday via DHL..........Bag's great :), Len's clunks and doesn't register on my 40D :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Anyone have any bright ideas for getting contacts to register on the body before I file a return?

Cheers
Steve

Somehow, Lynton got hold of a DHL tracking number and found out that his parcel was out on a van for delivery today

emailed techfurb via ebay and asked them...............

crappy item turned up..........(y)

netbook according to DHL still waiting to be collected from their warehouse.......:thumbsdown:

Despite the bargains we have enjoyed their communication , customer service, and organisation is a bit pants!

Same here! Pls come early dhl!

I got a 'You were out note' today and it said that they would keep it at the DHL depot for a week before returning. I would suggest you call DHL or leave instructions on the door to deliver to a neighbour or authorise a friend to collect.

Received my items - a Nikon SJ1000P compact and a Nikon 18-200 - both of which were bargain prices, but the 18-200 was missing the Lens Hood and soft case which were pictured in the auction, however for £124 delivered I don't think I am going to send it back. Might send them a question asking if they have them and can send them on though.

So a happy punter here.

I got a 'You were out note' today and it said that they would keep it at the DHL depot for a week before returning. I would suggest you call DHL or leave instructions on the door to deliver to a neighbour or authorise a friend to collect.

That would be my last resort really.
Worst comes to the worst hope techfurb will keep it and resend it later! I wouldn't mind paying the postage. :D

Well very good news here. A totally mint D3 has just landed with everything wraped as new. Just one finger print on the screen and zero frames on the clock!
How happy am I!!

Big love to Chris the OP and a pint in your direction!

:clap:

Well very good news here. A totally mint D3 has just landed with everything wraped as new. Just one finger print on the screen and zero frames on the clock!
How happy am I!!

My 70-200F4L IS and Lowepro bag arrived yesterday via DHL..........Bag's great :), Len's clunks and doesn't register on my 40D :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Anyone have any bright ideas for getting contacts to register on the body before I file a return?

Cheers
Steve

Just wondering .. considering the price you paid maybe it would be worth sending to Canon for repair?

Don't know much about Canon stuff but surely if the repair is a couple of hundred it must be worthwhile?

Cheers
Steve

Get a VAT reciept from them (I'm going to do the same for my D3) and send it back under warranty, may not matter what you paid for it as long as it was not registered before you got it?

How happy am I!!

Sometimes it pays to gamble. :cool:

Mine is here too :banana::banana:

Date code is 27/03/10 and it doesn't look like its even been out of the box

Nikon UK 2 year warranty card inside.

If I ask for a VAT receipt, do you think it can be registered for the 2 year warranty? I doubt Dixons would have registered it as its unused

Back