weekly Nikon_Nick's 52 Week Challenge: Week 12 - Magical - Added

Great idea, agree with Liz and yourself about something not right. Cant really put my finger on it. The angle of the shot is not an issue for me, think it could be the newspaper, due to the very dark lead in. The paper some how looks a though its not actually on the floor to me. Still a great image and love the political aspect, just up my street.

keep them coming (y)

Great idea, agree with Liz and yourself about something not right. Cant really put my finger on it. The angle of the shot is not an issue for me, think it could be the newspaper, due to the very dark lead in. The paper some how looks a though its not actually on the floor to me. Still a great image and love the political aspect, just up my street.

keep them coming (y)

Cheers Steve, much appreciated (y)

I really like the idea and generally the execution of the shot - a shabby paper and the Posiview crop would be perfection!

A straighter shot with different processing...

6662262609_48f13161bc_z.jpg

Like it, especially the background/setting of the shot. I think the paper is a little too white in your original. Maybe a bit too clean for the setting which has already been said.

Hi Nick

Hmmmm ....another interesting take on the theme...not politcal myself at all so not really getting the connnection but still liking the image....2nd image works better for me being straighter...yup def the 2nd image :clap:

Keep up the good work...only 50 weeks left :eek:

ps....please don;t forget to update the spreadsheet if you don't mind....makes it far simpler to track who's where & done what...I've updated wk's 1 & 2 for you (y)

Hi Nick

Hmmmm ....another interesting take on the theme...not politcal myself at all so not really getting the connnection but still liking the image....2nd image works better for me being straighter...yup def the 2nd image :clap:

Keep up the good work...only 50 weeks left :eek:

ps....please don;t forget to update the spreadsheet if you don't mind....makes it far simpler to track who's where & done what...I've updated wk's 1 & 2 for you (y)

Thanks Lynne, I did go onto the spreadsheet in the first week and crossed off the theme, then came out of it, and went back in to see if it had saved, but it hadnt...:thinking: Am I doing something wrong?

Also, how do I put the posts that contain my pictures as links on the first page of my thread?

Thanks

Nick

REALLY out of my comfort zone on this :LOL: I hate pictures of me, so this is the first time ive attempted a self portrait, let alone posted it on the internet for the world to see. So, this is me :wave:

I found myself alone in the house today, and as sad and un-manly as it may sound, was really missing my other half. We are very rarely apart (except for when we go to work), and pretty much do everything together. I noticed that I was kind of huffing and sighing to myself :LOL: :wacky: so decided to take a photo that fit my mood. As it turns out, it also fit this weeks theme :D

Any and all feedback is most appreciated (unless its about how I should man up)!

6701114509_92a3885e43_z.jpg

Really good self portrait - they aren't easy to do at the best of times! I also like the newspaper submission, with a preference with the colour rendition. Thanks Mandy

Thanks Mandy, much appreciated :)

Nice one , i'd end up taking a couple of thousand shots just to get one in focus.

Cheers

Steve

Nicely taken self portrait and I feel maybe a photo of you other half in the shot that you are looking into may have told more of a story, only thing I could suggest to add to a pretty good shot.

Nice one , i'd end up taking a couple of thousand shots just to get one in focus.

Cheers

Steve

This was shot 66 of about 80 I think :D, I ended up using a teddy bear in the windowsil where my head was going to be, focusing, then replacing the teddy with my hairy mush instead :cool:

Thanks

Nick

Nicely taken self portrait and I feel maybe a photo of you other half in the shot that you are looking into may have told more of a story, only thing I could suggest to add to a pretty good shot.

Cheers Alby (y)

Nice photo. I think I agree with a picture being on view or something like that but then again...

Anyway, well done for perserverance!

well done, your a braver man than i am woman, wouldn't know where to start taking a self portrait, though may have to resort to it before the end of the challenge, the new version of fear is a great shot as well

I really like your SP Nick; and it's bang on a difficult theme. I thought of a similar pose myself (not a SP; for my wife), but I'd not have pulled it off as well as you have.

well done, your a braver man than i am woman, wouldn't know where to start taking a self portrait, though may have to resort to it before the end of the challenge, the new version of fear is a great shot as well

Thanks Liz! Like I said, it was something that was really out of my comfort zone, and it took we a while to pluck up the courage to post it. I hate seeing pictures of myself!!

I really like your SP Nick; and it's bang on a difficult theme. I thought of a similar pose myself (not a SP; for my wife), but I'd not have pulled it off as well as you have.

Thanks Mark (y)

I was just going to use the natural light, but as there were folds/ripples in the nets, and the light coming through was quite harsh, I was getting shadow lines down my face, so had to use a little off camera flash (camera left) to illuminate my face enough to get rid of the lines whilst not necessarily looking like I had used flash.

If its the sort of shot you wanted to do with your Wife, give it a go! It may take some playing around with the exposure to get it how you want it to look, but thats half the fun!

Last edited:
Great shot Nick,

I'd need at least 2 days to get a shot anywhere near as good as that.

Chris

yeah man up lol (JK)

good shot and you can see the sigh, doesn't matter why, you look like you sighed :)

Brave man for doing a self portrait, works well but not liking the square pattern on your nets it distracts from the image to me

Brave man for doing a self portrait, works well but not liking the square pattern on your nets it distracts from the image to me

Cheers Trevor. Ill have a word with the Missus about the nets :cautious:

I like it, its a 'sigh' and it could be a sigh about anything but for me its clearly a sigh and there is no distraction from that. Have I said its a sigh? Good work (y)

:D Thanks Alex...so does it fit the theme then?!? :bonk:

I cant believe I am still coming across ones that I haven't commented on yet !!!!

Some great shots Nick, I think it's all been said really, i'll hopefully get in quicker on the next week

So far, I prefer the colour version of the paper shot, it grabs me much more. The SP is a brave shot to attempt but I think you have done a great shot (y)

Looking forward to what you think of next :)

I'm liking sigh. Nice composition and well exposed. The dark elbow doesn't concern be because it draws me into your face. Not keen on the net curtains being closed and I feel you could have got a bit more of a sign expression.

None the less...well done.

Cheers.

I cant believe I am still coming across ones that I haven't commented on yet !!!!

Some great shots Nick, I think it's all been said really, i'll hopefully get in quicker on the next week

So far, I prefer the colour version of the paper shot, it grabs me much more. The SP is a brave shot to attempt but I think you have done a great shot (y)

Looking forward to what you think of next :)

Many thanks! Appreciate the comments (y)

Back