OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

I'm a bit of a Voigtlander fan-boy Mr B so I shall be interested in how the images turn out. I've not owned a Perkeo but I am thinking it might be a nice replacement for the Baby Bessa I sold a few months ago.

Apparently Perkeo means pygmy. :)

I'll keep you posted Andy, I believe they can give very nice results, even with the poverty-spec (sorry, I mean entry level!) Vaskar lens like mine has got, but sharpness tends to fall off a bit around the edges. I've been looking for one for a while now, so when I spotted this going for handy money on eBay I pounced on it! :naughty:

South Cheshire, near Crewe... just far enough from the North Staffs border! ;) County rivalry banter aside, if I go much further east than Crewe I'm never sure if I'm in Cheshire or N Staffs! Would that be Beeston Castle in your avatar by any chance? :)

Last edited:
I'm in North Staffs as well. There is a little enclave of film fans around here :)

Just been into ASDA in Crewe to pick up my North Staffordshire oatcakes. As a Staffordshire exile (and son of Jabez) much needed supplies. My son tells me however that the Tunstall Tortilla or Clay Suzzette are available in his local ADSA halfway between Lancaster and Morecambe, these Lancastrians know a good thing.

I shall have to watch out for cross-border incursions then, Suz! :LOL: Mind you, I can't tease you 'Potters' too much as my Grandad was from North Staffs and I've traced that line of the family back to Trentham in the 1500s; so I've not moved far! Anyway, I'm glad to hear film is alive and well across the border too. (y)

Last edited:
Good to see another North West/Staffs filmie, well have to have a little meet. im in Crewe by the way.

Contax soft lens hood for the Zeiss 28mm, and a rather nice camera rucksack :)

I don't usually share photos of new equipment, but I'm particularly excited about my new camera/lens combination.

While I had decided to move on from the quirky Hasselblad system about a month or so ago to a Rolleiflex SL66E, I still very much loved the Zeiss 110mm f/2 Planar that I had been using with my Hasselblad and wanted to find something similar for the Rolleiflex. Unfortunately, while they were supposed to make an equivalent lens for the SL66 system, the lens was apparently never released.

To fill this gap, I have managed to adapt a Leitz Hektor 120mm f/2.5 projection lens to the Rolleiflex. I haven't had a chance to test it out with any film yet, but everything looks good so far through the viewfinder. Now I have a fast, slightly-longer-than-normal lens with tilt capability at 1/20 of the price of the Zeiss lens, so happy days here.

IMG_0483.JPG

That's very impressive RJ, looking forward to seeing some results.

A cheap vacuum flask to store mixed up fixer in. Will see if it eats through the plastic or I end up taking it on a picnic by mistake...

Other toys now include a bottle of rodinal and other home developing paraphernalia. Let's hope the rondinax doesn't snap the film loading thingy on the first go like the other tank.

Well Nige I have one too...the Rikenon lenses are not too common but the few I have are very good, anyway it takes Pentax lenses...but something is in the back of my mind about using Pentax lenses on another camera, maybe a Pentax guy can remind me, although I've never had any problems and it might be for some other camera. :rolleyes:

Well Nige I have one too...the Rikenon lenses are not too common but the few I have are very good, anyway it takes Pentax lenses...but something is in the back of my mind about using Pentax lenses on another camera, maybe a Pentax guy can remind me, although I've never had any problems and it might be for some other camera. :rolleyes:

After a brief bit of Googling, I think all Pentax K mount lenses will fit it (although preferably not more recent lenses with no aperture ring). You can use M42 lenses too with an adapter.

I've noticed the door on mine has a slight bit of movement when closed - it gives maybe half a millimetre. Not sure if this is because of the light seal or something else. Might just tape the back up with some black electrical tape when I test it out. :)

I don't usually share photos of new equipment, but I'm particularly excited about my new camera/lens combination...]

:wideyed:

sweet !

toyed with the idea of an Exakta 66 for a while, but like the Rollei they're that thin on the ground....I gave up.

:wideyed:

sweet !

toyed with the idea of an Exakta 66 for a while, but like the Rollei they're that thin on the ground....I gave up.

I briefly flirted with the idea of the Exakta 66, but I was very keen on the tilt feature and the lens-hackability of the SL66 series. If you're still interested in the Exakta, these guys have a nice looking body; the 120mm f/2.8, which I would have gone for; and a few other lenses in stock:

Last edited:
Yeah, I flirted with Rollei as a 6x6 replacement for ageing Veronica, but more seriously looked at Exakta, for the lens range and prices in P6 mount mainly.
Turns out the Exakta body is as scarce as the Rollei and its lenses.
The Rollei is much better looking than the Exakta, by miles..

After a brief bit of Googling, I think all Pentax K mount lenses will fit it (although preferably not more recent lenses with no aperture ring). You can use M42 lenses too with an adapter.

I've noticed the door on mine has a slight bit of movement when closed - it gives maybe half a millimetre. Not sure if this is because of the light seal or something else. Might just tape the back up with some black electrical tape when I test it out. :)

Well it could be using a Rikenon lens on a Pentax camera :rolleyes: It's annoying me now trying to remember... something about a pin (or whatever) that could prevent it be un-mounted. Come on Pentax guys help me out :banghead:
For the door, just stick a small strip of foam in over the old.

Last edited:
Well it could be using a Rikenon lens on a Pentax camera :rolleyes: It's annoying me now trying to remember... something about a pin (or whatever) that could prevent it be un-mounted. Come on Pentax guys help me out :banghead:
For the door, just stick a small strip of foam in over the old.

Yes, Rikenon lenses apparently have an extra pin that can get stuck in something on Pentax bodies, meaning you can't get the lens off. There are videos on utube on how to remove the pin. AFAIK it works fine the other way, ie Pentax lenses on Rikenon bodies (though presumably whatever the pin was supposed to do doesn't work).

Someone else was on the wycameras site and bagged their one before I could get to the checkout with it. Luckily I had found another at ffordes at the same time. I just hope the info that you can lock exposure with a shutter button half press is correct - looks like it. Mentions it on ken rockwell as well as elsewhere.

Shame it's mahoosive compared to the minox thing which is so small I couldn't find it earlier but then realised it was in my coat pocket and I hadn't noticed as it's so small and doesn't weigh much.

Last edited:
On topic (for once) in this thread. A new (to me) Nikkormat FT2 picked up on the market (The Stones) in Newcastle-under-Lyme this morning for the princely sum of £5 and it had a film and a battery in it. Old film will wait until I do some C41 dev but ran some FP4+ through this afternoon.

ft2
by David M Bloor, on Flickr

It needs new light seals and mirror bumper and the in viewfinder shutter speed indicator does not work but it takes photos. :)

I found my very very old Yashica 70-210 while cleaning out the attic the other day - will post some pictures later. I just need to find a body for it to go with now I think!

Back