OK then, let's see YOUR infrared images please.

Two more offerings from me from a trip to Newbiggin in Northumberland 20 minutes from where I live.

Taken by my Panasonic G1 720nm..........yes i know i tend to convert them to mono :D
Couple on the beach.
9527147450_0b1a174b7b_b.jpg
[/url] P1040935_8123a by laidbackman, on Flickr[/IMG]

The "Couples" Structure in Newbiggin Bay.
9527145422_d48b07792c_b.jpg
[/url] P1040933_8121 a by laidbackman, on Flickr[/IMG]

I love these 2 Mal the clarity of the first is excellent, would prefer the second without the white vignette but still, both are excellent.(y)

Some lovely pics above.

here are a couple of mine..
natvsml.JPG

Love IR, especially the skin tones it produces. I often convert to BW
or not...

(D80 720nm)

That is a cracking shot, did you do anything else to the skin?

1- That Blue Bridge in Northampton.
9517987620_6c9063582a_b.jpg

The white of the trees how did you achieve this, was it selective desaturation for example or was it down to white balance at time of shooting :shrug:

have now set wb on fuji to grass as you said (y) which is eliminating a lot of blue resulting in whiter foilage etc so getting there :)

Just fired off an email to Protech to see about getting the newly arrived S5 butchered :)

That is a cracking shot, did you do anything else to the skin?

No, no smoothing or anything general. Might have done some minor cloning somewhere (under the eyes can appear darker than normal light).

Loving this infrared work.

I have a D70 as a spare camera and have had a play with a Hoya R72.

I keep considering getting the D70 converted as I think it would be a good investment with regards to allowing you to just point and shoot without setting the R72 up everytime.

Thanks, it came out a kind purple so played around with it in PS, no idea what I'm doing really :/

Geoff visits Abington Church - probably going to set up a C&C thread for this one, but wanted to add it to this thread!

p1664667273-6.jpg

Very nice Phil, and not an angle Ive done of that church yet :)

10/20mm lens ?

Thanks!

8mm Samyang fisheye, but applied the profile for a 15mm Sigma fisheye in LR to de-fish slightly!

Geoff visits Abington Church - probably going to set up a C&C thread for this one, but wanted to add it to this thread!

p1664667273-6.jpg

Dramatic or what? Was the skull actually there or is it a prop you took with you?

Nice couple of shots Peter !! That boat is lovely.

Thanks David. They were taken on my way back home after a week with negligible sun, so the weather that day was a very welcome bonus. (y)

Just a heads up for anyone interested - issue 138 of Digital Photographer magazine (current issue) has a feature on infrared.

Just a heads up for anyone interested - issue 138 of Digital Photographer magazine (current issue) has a feature on infrared.

Hi Julian
is this Digital Photographer the correct mag as I cannot seem to find the mag you mention

Hi Julian
is this Digital Photographer the correct mag as I cannot seem to find the mag you mention

Yep that's the right magazine - it's issue 138 you want with a picture of a dark haired lady on the cover, main strap line is 'improve your portraits'

That link goes to the previous issue 137.

Last edited:
Yep that's the right magazine - it's issue 138 you want with a picture of a dark haired lady on the cover, main strap line is 'improve your portraits'

That link goes to the previous issue 137.

Cheers Julian, that is the link from their site latest issue, perhaps they have not updated their site yet, will have a look tomorrow for it newsagents

p1664667273-6.jpg

That's great! Scrolling down thinking ooh that's good, then burst out laughing as the skull appeared! (y)

In other news my S5 has made it to Protech

Like that one Russ (y)

Back