weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2018 - Week 52 : Showcase (Complete)

Nice shot ruined by the gricer. At least he's not flailing...
Got to love a tractor. We used to have 2 on the MH, but they got sold back to Main Line usage (as they are so useful).
I do like the colours and textures that you've captured.

I also find the guy distracting, we are pre-programmed to look at faces I think and I can't help but look at him.

I also find the guy distracting, we are pre-programmed to look at faces I think and I can't help but look at him.

So look at him - then the lights - then him - then the lights.... look all ROUND :D

I like the people and don't mund the OOF. The shot of just the lights would be OK, lots of detail and nice textures, but the people bring it to life. Nice one Dave

I like the people and don't mund the OOF. The shot of just the lights would be OK, lots of detail and nice textures, but the people bring it to life. Nice one Dave

Thanks John :)

Week 30: Cooking

Food of the Gods :D

i-GXpH7kB.jpg

Thanks - I needed the hint of red to define that edge :)

Some more light in fact any light on the contents maybe, nice idea though

I'm also thinking it's a bit dark, on my monitor at least, amsuing take on the theme though.

Thanks folks - dark was the intention.

Dave

The slight tweak to you round is better, right on theme, Good details captured and yellow background of the train highlight the lights. The Guy is still a bit distracting because of his white t-Shirt.

Cook - glan I'm not coming round yours for food!. I feed the noddles in the pot could be a tad bighter but the overall dark theme works well.

Pete

Dave

The slight tweak to you round is better, right on theme, Good details captured and yellow background of the train highlight the lights. The Guy is still a bit distracting because of his white t-Shirt.

Cook - glan I'm not coming round yours for food!. I feed the noddles in the pot could be a tad bighter but the overall dark theme works well.

Pete

Cheers Pete. Yeah I wish I;d got some light in the pot but I was in a hurry and starvin marvin - so a quick handheld sot at ISO2000 had to do :)

On theme, well composed, like the others I think a bit more light to of shown what this bombay bad boy is made of.:)

I was seeing this as intentionally dark, and your comments indicate I'd guessed right.
I quite like the contrast of the bright and the dark, the way you have managed to define the shape, and the reflection too.

On theme, well composed, like the others I think a bit more light to of shown what this bombay bad boy is made of.:)

I was seeing this as intentionally dark, and your comments indicate I'd guessed right.
I quite like the contrast of the bright and the dark, the way you have managed to define the shape, and the reflection too.

Thanks both - it was yummy!

Hehehe

Heheheheheeeeeee

*Evil Laff*

Pendolino bee sees the SHORTS! Manchester today :)

i-SZvbVN9.jpg

Like it but were the shorts shoehorned on, great exposure! Colours are excellent and well composed.

Like it but were the shorts shoehorned on, great exposure! Colours are excellent and well composed.

If you mean did I take the shot then notice the shorts later then yep - shoehorntastic - #notsorry :)

Short

That's a well exposed shot and I like the bright colours and the link with the background.

It made me smile, well seen even if it was after the fact.

Week 32 : Forking Forked!

i-CRvRbFC.jpg

I would like to bring your attention to the Hi-vis and the barrier :p he certainly looks forked and for all his victory signs I bet he wasn't first

Yes, Hi-vis and barrier, but they are sufficiently oof that they don't detract too much.
I'm sure you wanted a better angle, but short of standing in the way of the runners ;), I suspect there wasn't one.

Focus is spot on with good DoF to pick out the runner. What hi-vis and barrier?

I would like to bring your attention to the Hi-vis and the barrier :p he certainly looks forked and for all his victory signs I bet he wasn't first

Yes, Hi-vis and barrier, but they are sufficiently oof that they don't detract too much.
I'm sure you wanted a better angle, but short of standing in the way of the runners ;), I suspect there wasn't one.

Focus is spot on with good DoF to pick out the runner. What hi-vis and barrier?

Fanx folks :)

Hi Dave

Shorts, clever image, I did not see it at first quick look, nice use of DOF.

Forked another on theme shot, good use of DOF, exposure spot on, composition good. Very colourful.

Pete

Forked

Bright and colourful, good sharp focus on the runner.

Hi Dave

Shorts, clever image, I did not see it at first quick look, nice use of DOF.

Forked another on theme shot, good use of DOF, exposure spot on, composition good. Very colourful.

Pete

Thanks both.

Wekk 33 : Refuse

Refusing to play

i-SjNGKsT.jpg

Refuse, great picture, might be a bit of a shoehorn but well worth it, I like it.:)

Nice pic of the pigs what on earth where you trying to make them play

Back