weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2018 - Week 52 : Showcase (Complete)

Nice image for Over Dave, nice and clean, he is clearly over the bollard. B&W gives lovely contrast.

That's a winner, nothing to criticise (y)

He's certainly being watched 'over' whilst leapfrogging 'over' the bollard.
I think it works well in mono.
Being picky, I think you have a bit of dirt on the sensor to clone out by the subject's left upper arm.

Thanks all.

Being picky, I think you have a bit of dirt on the sensor to clone out by the subject's left upper arm.

At F4 on a fixed lens camera - I hope not!

Actually - looking at the original - it's a pigeon :)

Last edited:
very cool shot - definitely says over!

Great image. Very sharp and love the head in the background. It just makes the shot

Fantastic contrast and crispness....almost makes the viewer want to duck.

Bob

Stark - two good images I like the reflections in the first but the second some how seems starker.
Over - great shot very clear with an interesting background but he stands out against it.

Thanks again folks - got some more “over” pix today that may be interesting :)

Nice work Dave ... great setting and the subject stands out beautifully. :clap:

Really like that Dave love the 'disapproving' look of the sculpture in the background.

The face behind is thinking "that'll smart if it goes wrong"... ;)

Nice idea and the mono works well.

Over

I like this, especially with that face in the background .
I would maybe try and remove the twiggy stuff top left and right.

Excellent image for Stark, Dave, with the muted tones, great reflection and cold deserted atmosphere, and Over is well seen and composed with a nice touch of humour from the twin expressions. Your other shot for Over is full of drama with that bright green car and the flying mud and debris (y)

I have to say I like both over and over steer, you've frozen the action in both of them very nicely :)

Many thanks folks :)

Week 5: Ageing

My Dad is 78 and has Alzheimer's. I take him out for Lunch on a Sunday and this is in one of our favourite cafe's at Glasson Dock near Lancaster.

DAD by Dave Green, on Flickr

Love your portrait of your dad. Wish mine would let me have taken the same sort of shot, but sadly he'd grumble and shy away. Nice image and keepsake

Really really nice portrait Dave fits the theme perfectly lovely background

I think I know that cafe. very good portrait, spot on for the theme

Nice picture of your Dad Dave, sorry about his Alzheimer's, Fingers crossed it's not for me.

Pete.

Lovely portrait of your Dad, and really sorry to hear of his illness. All the best to both of you.

Wooo love that Oversteer shot, mud everywhere fantastic. :clap:

Ageing ... looks a fine portrait to me. (y)

I prefer the second shot of your Dad... The first one I find too tightly cropped at the top.

Just been looking at your previous entries, sorry not commented earlier. Over I especially like, but all are on theme and well taken.

Great portrait in cafe, great framing and light! The second portrait outside is less well framed, and I think the background is a bit too busy.

Week 6: Sharp Shooter

Had a fab afternoon at Adventure Cheshire yesterday doing Archery & Clay Pigeon Shooting :)

BANG! by Dave Green, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hadn't noticed your second shot of your dad Dave, I prefer that to the first. Lovely shot

And the sharp one is nice too. Spot on for theme

Hadn't noticed your second shot of your dad Dave, I prefer that to the first. Lovely shot

And the sharp one is nice too. Spot on for theme

Thanks Ian :)

The more I look at it I too prefer outdoor Dad :)

Back