weekly -OY-'s Weekly challenge thingamibob for 2022. Week 52 : Showcase (52 2022 Complete)

Ha, glad to see that I wasn't the only one to leave the technique to the end! A good shot Dave, I like how you've framed the whirligig with the shadow.

Ha, glad to see that I wasn't the only one to leave the technique to the end! A good shot Dave, I like how you've framed the whirligig with the shadow.

Cheers Bill :)

The simplicity and minimalist colour works really well. Nicely shot.

Week 35 : Snapper's Choice

"I'M LATE I'M LATE....."

52326684583_42bb6dd7c5_h.jpg

That's a stunning capture of the bird Dave (is it a Turnstone?) :clap:

Fantastic shot Dave. Nature's action at its finest.

I love that.... It makes the Benny Hill theme tune play in my head.

Fantastic timing! That's a wonderful image and the bird seems to have an expression of 'i'm late' too :D :D

Fabulous shot Dave. Fantastic timing. Redshanks are one of the birds I often see and consider a bit boring. I shall now have to rethink this - this is super!

Fabulous shot Dave. Fantastic timing. Redshanks are one of the birds I often see and consider a bit boring. I shall now have to rethink this - this is super!

Ta - no bird is boring if it's doing summat interesting :D

Week 36 : 'Scapes & Tech

Rydal Water and Loughrigg Fell this afternoon.

i-V4k2qfD-X3.jpg

Very nice Dave, the deep shadows make for a dramatic image.

Nice scene and fits the bill. Not sure if its my monitor but the darker areas in the top half of the image look over processed (but, as I say, it could be my monitor?)

Very nice Dave, the deep shadows make for a dramatic image.
Thanks Bill :)

Nice scene and fits the bill. Not sure if its my monitor but the darker areas in the top half of the image look over processed (but, as I say, it could be my monitor?)
Cheers Jim. I thnk maybe you're looking at the area of limestone crags in shadow?

Lovely picture, ticks all the boxes for me.

Ta Simon :)

Great image!

Thanks Paul :)

A very peaceful shot. I really like the composition with the grouping of trees and the bright green really pops.

A very peaceful shot. I really like the composition with the grouping of trees and the bright green really pops.
Thanks Helen :)

Week 37 : Looking Up & Shadows Tech

"Look up to the roof of England"

Lake District mountains from Morecambe Sea Front about 24 miles away!

L-R Dow Crag - Scafell Pike - Coniston Old Man

i-pWg7Gdc.jpg

Last edited:
Very sharp photo from that distant Dave, plenty of shadows around to fill the tech bucket as well. B&W suits it.

Pete

Back