weekly -OY-'s Weekly challenge thingamibob for 2022. Week 52 : Showcase (52 2022 Complete)

Ornament: Love the puffin and how you have incorporated the sign details above it.
Curves: One cracking shot - lovely dof and beautifully composed.

Thanks Helen :)

A great capture! I like the composition, and the detail is great when viewed larger on Flickr.

Week 49 : Tools

Tools of The Trade.
When I worked as a Press / PR / Events Photographer before I retired late last year - this was my daily goto setup. Two pro bodies, one with 24-70mm F/2.8 and the other with 70-200mm F/2.8. All that's changed now is I've swapped the D800 for the Z9. Taken today on the East Lancs Railway for a day with the Santa Specials :)

i-b2hGkQb-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Nicely done and the perfect take for this theme.

Oh yes 2 quality Nikon's with 2 pro lenses.
Great tools - perfect for the theme.

That's some heavy gear to lug around. I think that I'd rather carry the cuppa instead... :D

Nice couple of tools Dave

I still have my D800.

Pete
Me too Pete. In fact I only recently let my D700 go. I gave it to a young photographer that had fled Ukraine and had to leave all her gear behind!

Week 50 : Construction

A wander around Wigan and Warrington yesterday with the 35mm F2 on the X-T4 for the Nifty Fifty thingie. Got me some for this week's theme too ;)

1. Natures Construction
i-7wBGgxg-X2.jpg

2. Things are looking up (Good for the tech too)
i-xQcd4bp-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice take on the theme in the first image Dave. I like your chosen one the best for a number of reasons. Mono works well, an unusual angle, and some interesting ironwork there too which looks like it's being kept with whatever else is going on there.

A couple of nice shots Dave. I like the first one a lot, a good creative take on the theme. I also really like the point of view and the processing for the second.

Nice take on the theme in the first image Dave. I like your chosen one the best for a number of reasons. Mono works well, an unusual angle, and some interesting ironwork there too which looks like it's being kept with whatever else is going on there.
Cheers Simon :) The cheery named "Grimes Arcade"

A couple of nice shots Dave. I like the first one a lot, a good creative take on the theme. I also really like the point of view and the processing for the second.

Thanks Bill :)

Great idea for the first one Dave.
The second one is good but the first has it for me.

Tools - I didn't even think of that! I like the layout - you'd need a coffee after carting them around. I've done some of that myself - never again for me... well maybe two micro 4/3 bodies :)

Construction - really like the ice crystals, but getting the tech in is understandable - lovely detail and suits the B&W treatment.

Tools - I didn't even think of that! I like the layout - you'd need a coffee after carting them around. I've done some of that myself - never again for me... well maybe two micro 4/3 bodies :)

Construction - really like the ice crystals, but getting the tech in is understandable - lovely detail and suits the B&W treatment.

Cheers :)

Week 51 : Christmassey

Our Tree - All the best everyone!

i-SV2QQ85-X3.jpg

Beautifully decorated tree Dave. Our angel is exactly the same one…. And she has gone walkabouts this year :)
Have a good one.
Thanks - she's been with us for about 30 years.

Nice tree Dave, not overdone like some you see.

We have the same angle as well, apart from having a red dree and the arms are in a different position :D

Merry Christmas to you Dave.

Pete

Nice tree Dave, not overdone like some you see.

We have the same angle as well, apart from having a red dree and the arms are in a different position :D

Merry Christmas to you Dave.

Pete
Thanks Pete - all the best :)

Lovely shot Dave, and a very nicely decorated tree. I wish our house was that neat and tidy!

Lovely shot Dave, and a very nicely decorated tree. I wish our house was that neat and tidy!
Cheers Simon. All the crap and clutter is behind me :oops: :$

Good shot Dave. I like the label saying it's your first retired Christmas. May you have many more to come.

You like a snowman then? Hope you had a lovely Christmas.
She dos - ta :)

Good shot Dave. I like the label saying it's your first retired Christmas. May you have many more to come.
Thanks Peter. That's Mrs Oy - she retired in Feb - I went in Oct 2021 :)

Back