-Oy-

Worzel Gummidge
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Ready to roll :banana: :naughty: :banana:

Week 1 : Close to Home and SOOC Tech

The Water Witch Pub on the canal in the centre of Lancaster.

Shot in JPG using the B&W Switch on the Nikon Zf

i-Wb3Hr2P-X2.jpg

Last edited:
That's a nice punchy B&W image.

Thanka Paul. Yes the defualt mono on the mono switch thing gives a good result. Also unlike most mono modes on cameras it'll still shoot RAW - although I did this as JPG so I only had to resize it as per the rools :)

Nice, the bridge really frames the shot and brings my eye right into the centre and that lonely chap sitting all by himself in the cold. I imagine this shot in a warmer month would be bustling with punters.

Nice, the bridge really frames the shot and brings my eye right into the centre and that lonely chap sitting all by himself in the cold. I imagine this shot in a warmer month would be bustling with punters.
Cheers Ryan. Yes it gets rammed in nice weather!

Very nice B&W image, good framing and the reflections add that little extra touch.

I like how the bridge obscures the trees & the chimney but you see them anyway in that lovely still reflection. Nice work!

I do like a good canal scene Dave!.
Lovely punchy black and white and nicely composed.
I'll now have to look and see if my Sony has a similar setting.

I do like a good canal scene Dave!.
Lovely punchy black and white and nicely composed.
I'll now have to look and see if my Sony has a similar setting.
Cheers Pete :)

That's a great shot. The black & white finish definitely lends itself to the overall ambience of the image.
Thanks Stan :)

Your capture encapsulates 2 of my favourites, B&W and narrowboats. Nice execution.

Very well processed. I would probably have worried about including the bridge but it frames the shot very nicely. Great reflections too.

Very well processed. I would probably have worried about including the bridge but it frames the shot very nicely. Great reflections too.
Ta Helen :)
I included the bridge as a frame as you say. It also help to hide the big ugly concrete hospital behind the pub :)

Last edited:
Week 2 : Hard

Making it hard for the terrorists in Blackpool.

i-X6ML6k2-X3.jpg

No Orange Plastic Bags / Hi Vis ? :D
The security was for the Blackpool Illuminations - which are now over and being dismantled.

Ah, memories of a night in Blackpool, 1983.

Drunken memories?

I had to admit I wasn't sure what that conversation was about. But I got it now. Great take on the theme.

Ta Lewis :)

I thought they were flood defences. Many happy times spent there as a child.

Good shot, like the composition. Hard to believe that this type of thing is deemed necessary, but it obviously is.

Cheers Bob - yep - lots about in major cites.

Certainly look hard, looks like the one on the left pivots. Assuming pic taken recently the clock needs fixing :)

Certainly look hard, looks like the one on the left pivots. Assuming pic taken recently the clock needs fixing :)

Taken at 12:37pm on Friday :)

A couple of nice shots. As has already been said the way the bridge frames the canal curving away is good. I was particularly impressed as it looks like you must be stood in the middle of the canal to get the shot!

On the second one I like the vertical lines of the buildings intersecting with the suggested lines of the bollards fanning across the image. Also there is a nice yellow/red colour scheme going one.

Back