weekly Oy's Weekly Photo Thingiewotsit for 2023 : Week 52 : Fave of the year - Year Complete!

Nice colours brought in at the bottom, super shallow DOF, not even the stitching on the mats is fully in focus - but you've nailed it where it needs to be - on the ends of the fork handles.

Nicely done!

Great image Dave. I like it a lot (and not just because it's a similar idea to the one I had... :) )

Nice colours brought in at the bottom, super shallow DOF, not even the stitching on the mats is fully in focus - but you've nailed it where it needs to be - on the ends of the fork handles.

Nicely done!
Thanks Graham - shot hand held with the Nikon 300mm F4 AF-S.

Great image Dave. I like it a lot (and not just because it's a similar idea to the one I had... :) )

Cheers Bill :)

My initial thought looking at the image was why just focus on the "candles" rather than the forks until I saw the title. :D:LOL:

I did wonder if some may not get it. Seems everyone so far did :)

Week 9 : Broken and BW Tech

Two laws broken! Can anyone see anything odd about the sign?

i-vFw3Cm3-X3.jpg

Fits the theme as definitely broken, looks as though CCTVs are protected there

Well seen and captured.

It always surprises me the number of signs that have been shot.

Well spotted and taken Dave, no shooting and it looks like someone has done that plus the fly tipping sadly.

Fits the theme as definitely broken, looks as though CCTVs are protected there

Well seen and captured.

It always surprises me the number of signs that have been shot.

Thanks all. There’s something else odd about this sign that makes me suspicious about its origins!

Good spot, ironic that the no shooting sign is shot, and theres rubbish too. Nicely done

There's an awful lot of information very unclearly communicated on that sign! I think I'd take a pot shot at it too...
Well spotted and good dof which still picks up the detritus.

Good spot, ironic that the no shooting sign is shot, and theres rubbish too. Nicely done

Took me a while to figure it out and to spot the shotgun hole. No Tipping CCTV!!!

There's an awful lot of information very unclearly communicated on that sign! I think I'd take a pot shot at it too...
Well spotted and good dof which still picks up the detritus.

Thanks folks. Ok - here's what I find odd about this sign...

It says "Report it" - who to? I'd expect at least a logo for the local council or maybe environment ageny etc. No phone number or website etc. Suspicious!

Great spot. That's a hell of a hole in the sign. Someone wasn't very happy!

Great spot. That's a hell of a hole in the sign. Someone wasn't very happy!
Thanks Simon. Angry people with a shotgun. Not a good combination!

LOTS of signs on Crete (especially up in the mountains) with holes in them like that. Some with what appear to be .50 cal holes as well as assorted smaller holes and shotgun blasts.

Good spot!

LOTS of signs on Crete (especially up in the mountains) with holes in them like that. Some with what appear to be .50 cal holes as well as assorted smaller holes and shotgun blasts.

Good spot!
Ta Nod :)

Well spotted. Looks good in B/W.
Thanks Peter :)

Nice one Dave, well spotted. The b&w processing really suits it well.

Week 10 : Full

The Old Pier Bookshop in Morecambe today.

Definitley FULL

i-VJfjxVK-XL.jpg

i-wDZhs53-X2.jpg

Two very fitting shots. I prefer the 2nd shot, the idea of a book labyrinth appeals to me.

Both great shots Dave. The first works so well with the staining shelf, whilst the second is very nicely composed with the focus on the back shelves. Bang on theme!

Both great shots Dave. The first works so well with the staining shelf, whilst the second is very nicely composed with the focus on the back shelves. Bang on theme!
Ta Simon :)

Both great in their own way. Can't pick a favourite.

Back