weekly Pete's Weekly 52 Challenge 2020

Really great image Pete!(y)
Creative use of OCF to imitate sunlight...if you hadn't have said, I would have thought it was indeed lit by the sun...well executed!
(I'm assuming you used a CTO (?) daylight gel?)
The 'hard' light certainly brings out some superb texture in the rusty, aged tools, and the warm tones suit the scene nicely.
Like Roger @Baloo, I too would be curious to see a mono version, but the colours are excellent nevertheless.

Your Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 is really sharp! I see you're at f/22 and there's not a hint of diffraction!
(Not that my old, knackered eyes can see anyway!:LOL:)
Nice work Pete!:clap:

Last edited:
Really great image Pete!(y)
Creative use of OCF to imitate sunlight...if you hadn't have said, I would have thought it was indeed lit by the sun...well executed!
(I'm assuming you used a CTO (?) daylight gel?)
The 'hard' light certainly brings out some superb texture in the rusty, aged tools, and the warm tones suit the scene nicely.
Like Roger @Baloo, I too would be curious to see a mono version, but the colours are excellent nevertheless.

Your Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 is really sharp! I see you're at f/22 and there's not a hint of diffraction!
(Not that my old, knackered eyes can see anyway!:LOL:)
Nice work Pete!:clap:

yes used the CTO gel out of the godox accessory kit. Worked well to get the look I was after.

I did try a B&W image but it lost some of the rusty look. So I decided just to go with the colour one.

The 24-70/2.8s is razor sharp. I don’t use it much as I prefer the primes but the results are always excellent.

local interest - it seems to be pointing to even more interesting locations :) But I like the various shades of green in the photo!

pleasure - bang on theme, the smile says it all. But that photo would have worked better in landscape...

tool - great mix of textures and colours in the tools and the wooden planks, exposure is spot on (y)

I love the tones and textures in those Pete lovely image nicely composed with some nice light too.

Nice image there Pete, great textures and plenty of interest and you used the light well too.

Lovely colours and light!

Just leave them in a bowl of coke overnight :)

We've all had a kick around with a footy like this in our youth. Took a while for penny to drop what it was, but great bit of nostalgia and perfect for the subject.

You are right on the ball with that one Pete

:D

Nice take on the theme.

I love the detail in the stitching, and the contrast between the ball and the branch.

A lovely bit of discardedness - well shot :)

Looks like it had been there for quite a while, even if it isn't now. Well captured

Lovely shot of your daughter, it's not always easy getting them in the frame where you want, believe me, I know.

Tools, wow, they haven't been used in a while :)

Discarded is a greta spot, well captured.

Nice find and good composition!

I thought it was a nut first time I looked, great shot suits the theme very well.

Thanks all.

I had absolutely no time for photography over the last couple of weeks nearly so the snappers choice I didn't have anything. Unfortunately as well now I'm faced with a title of 'Wild', only another day to shoot it, and absolutely no inspiration at all right now as to what to shoot for the theme. My 52 in 2020 has stalled quite quickly lol

Cracking shot for Pleasure Pete. Your daughter really has a great expression of fun.
Tools is a very good image for the theme. They look like they haven't been used in anger for many years!
Absolutely cracking shot for Discarded. Love it. Well seen and captured. :clap:

Back