Phil Bennett's 52 for 2016 - Stone Added

I like that a lot and with everything Jon said. Very moody :)

I'd like to see a more abstract interpretation at the wheels / base of the wagons too. I'm sure that'd look good in B&W also.

Great photo. Those wagons are full of character and look out of place apparently sitting in the middle of a field that it almost has a slightly abstract air to it. Good use of B&W too,

That works for me also Philip, for all the reasons above (y)

Hello Phil, really nice image, really like the B&W you chosen. Good balance and exposure. Good luck completing your 52

Hi Phil,
The Black & White treatment really suits the shot. That the wagons are seemingly sat in the field seems incongruous but I think that makes the shot all the better for it.
I don't find any of the background distracting, it's nicely OoF in the main and just adds to the air.
Nice one.

Absolutely brilliant shot Philip. As others have said, b&w suits the image so well. Great start. :clap:

Hi Phil

... like them wagons and there's a bit of wall in focus RHS.(y)

then more photo ops in future ... getting in close to those wheels?

Lovely shot at first glance I thought it was a moddle railway I guess it’s the angle of the shot, as you don’t see Train Buckets sat in a field every day loll I like that you have captured the end of the brick wall this adds to the shot and gives scale to the picture well done.:clap:

I love images like this, old historical artefacts and a bit of landscape! B&W works really well, and lots of nice detail and texture, especially on the nearest carriage - brought out the 115 well. There's almost a battered feel to the end of the nearest carriage, you can almost see the bumps in the metal. I love the wheels as well, especially nearest the camera. Only the slightest, meanest bit of CC is that at both ends of the carriages, its a bit lighter on the grass than it perhaps should be. Love the image though, really well done.

Best,
David

Hi Phil. Great image - love the DoF and concept. The choice of subject maybe unusual for that particular setting, a boot or iron would have been obvious but kind of lost. Your selection carries greater impact because of height (... there's also an association with the term screw with prison as well). :clap:

Hi Phil. Great image - love the DoF and concept. The choice of subject maybe unusual for that particular setting, a boot or iron would have been obvious but kind of lost. Your selection carries greater impact because of height (... there's also an association with the term screw with prison as well). :clap:

Thanks Carl

The link is in the type of nut

... not sure I get it entirely but the nut is beautifully sharp against the oof BG.

Double whammy Eh Phil?

Great idea (y)

Good call on using the captive nut, I was thinking along those lines originally (not considered the monopoly board though...)
Good use of the DoF to blur the background, slight crit would be I would have preferred the bottom of the bolt in sharper focus, but that's just me...

Captive - this is very cool. You've got the angle of the shot just right. Nice use of the captive nut combined with monopoly.

Looks like you either take exceptional care of the monopoly board, or it doesn't get much use

This ! :D

Back