Phil Bennett's 52 for 2016 - Stone Added

Sorry Phil I missed your thread

Metal - Great Atmospheric Image (could also been use for Abandoned)

Captive - Brilliant take on the theme a bit of fun

Happy - Another clever take on the theme love the DOF

Miniature - Nice image for me it needed something else to give a sense of scale

Abandoned - Great image as nickbee said it's fascinating looking at it full size on Flickr great story behind it but I too wish I could see the metal chick too!

Perfect choice for abandoned and good to see something a bit unusual ...was that in the days when they used to serve you to petrol or was that before your time :)
There was some stations which served you, I cant remember whether this was one of them, I was normally asleep in the van :D

Phil

I love the abandoned shot. I love the rusting mechanism, It's a pity about the twig and grass on the right hand side

I think most of us of a certain age will remember the little one man operated petrol stations,
and the one near me (long since gone) had manually operated pumps!

A nice little piece of history well captured there Phil (y)

Happy - nicely done, good colour od superb Dof, Abandoned is also good but not as strong an image a Happy

Hi Phil - love abandoned - interesting shot and processed with vibrant colours.

Happy - lovely simple, but effective, take and capture

Abandoned - love the subject and glad you went for colour as I think it adds a lot to the image.

My only minor niggle is the tight crop - im left wondering if there is an abandoned petrol station or other building behind to give it some context - lovely image though

Happy - lovely simple, but effective, take and capture

Abandoned - love the subject and glad you went for colour as I think it adds a lot to the image.

My only minor niggle is the tight crop - im left wondering if there is an abandoned petrol station or other building behind to give it some context - lovely image though
There was a garage behind it Jon, but also a bungalow where the people live, I think you're right, will try and get back to redo it.

Phil

Cool shot for abandoned. I love the way it's rusting away inside and yet the facia and the 3 star rating are still vibrant.
I only seem to remember 2 & 4 star petrol, so googled the octane rating of 3 star. Blimey, 95, so most cars these days run on 3 star without the lead to stop them knocking!

Wow Phil, that's a hell of an image.
Pin sharp focus up front, and like Andy, I love the position of the foot.

To echo everyone else's comments, that's a fantastic shot with great detail and colour.

Amazing!

My first thought was ... would be better in a more natural-looking colourful environment, but no, I like it with contrasting black BG.

Great minds think alike eh? :D

Lovely sharp image Phil (y)

Great image.. Where did you find that little fella?

I decided against spending £15 to go to the wildlife park LOL

Great image.. Where did you find that little fella?

I decided against spending £15 to go to the wildlife park LOL
Carl, It was brought to the club, along with frogs, snakes, chickens and a tarantula

Phil

Wow! That certainly is Dangerous. Nicely taken Philip with the DoF helping to give real presence to the cobra. :clap:

An excellent shot for dangerous, Phil. Hard to argue that's not on topic! Lighting and focus look spot on and that bokeh [emoji7]

Where'd you snap it I have to ask?

An excellent shot for dangerous, Phil. Hard to argue that's not on topic! Lighting and focus look spot on and that bokeh [emoji7]

Where'd you snap it I have to ask?
It was taken in Sri Lanka Ian

Phil

Back