Phil Bennett's 52 for 2016 - Stone Added

Philip, catching up with your thread

Effort - stunning image, nothing I can add because its far from my capabilities.
Technology - very good image and well thought out, pretty looking guitar.
Horizontal - good idea and well spotted.
Vast - its a nice image, maybe a touch busy but might be me and landscape shots, I prefer minimal ones.
Rough - great idea for the theme, perfect DoF and colour.
Colour - Certainty colourful and well done.

Haaaa - Can see where you like to be Phil :D

A couple of nice detailed images for Rough and Colourful...

Rough - Where I always end up, like the DoF on this one, great focus point and love the flag and golfers approaching the pin (y)

Colourful - Indeed, liking this, nothing exciting but like the curve of the fairway and the bright spring foliage and topped with a nice fluffy cloud sky... would love to be there :)

Beautiful. The hazy silhouetted big one with the sharply defined backlit little one with more FG OOF. Perfect. :clap:

A sad relic of awful inhumanity. Very atmospheric with the sepia treatment and the sky is just awesome. Excellent take Philip. (y)

Hi Phil

Colourful definitely is. Composition feels a bit central perhaps, but a well taken picture.
Size is a great play with perspective - nicely taken and well controlled DOF.
Entrance is another good shot, technically and compositionally well executed. Processing works for the image (y)

Good job!

Amazing, life and death image Phil, well spotted and captured (y)

Brilliant shot Philip. Not sure I'd be entirely comfortable sunbathing in such close proximity to this type of action. Amazing detail and colour. Bravo. :clap:

Brilliant shot Philip. Not sure I'd be entirely comfortable sunbathing in such close proximity to this type of action. Amazing detail and colour. Bravo. :clap:
Carl, I was okay, it had slithered across another sun bather 2 days earlier :eek:.

Phil

Hi Phil

What a great spot and superb image for covered. Brilliant :clap:

Lighting, POV and composition all really great - super job. Tiny crit would be whatever you removed half way up the right side of the image hasn't blended in well with content-aware fill/patch. It doesn't quite match its surroundings in terms of focus, tone or pattern. Likewise there's some cloning above the snake's head that might have gone a bit awry? Worth fixing as it's a great image (y)

Colourful - lovely Gardens and certainly very colourful.
Size - spot on theme
Entrance - certainly not an inviting entrance a somber image in keeping with the subject
Covered - wow that is a great capture good sharp image I wouldn't want it on my wall but its a fantastic shot

Wow! that's a shot and a half Phil. Stone of course but also Vast - amazing amount of detail and the obviously harsh lighting is very well controlled. :clap:

Wow. Another stunning shot, Phil. Been very impressed with your submissions so far, in particular the last couple. It's very 'stoney' and very well captured.

I'd personally have taken it slightly further forward, omitting the wall from the shot but it adds further credence in the shot's tie to the theme so no issue with it being there at all. Well done mate :)

Very impressive Phil, well processed and lovely light too (y)

Phil, only thing I would add is I would like to see more. I have often wondered what it would be like to visit but haven't got around to it yet.
Like the concept, lighting.

Blimey, that take me back a few (16) years.
We visited Queen Hatshepsut Mausoleum on our honeymoon...
None of my shots were anywhere near as clear of visitors as yours is (y)

Stone - Great shot and as LC2 says very clear of tourists. An amazing place

Egypt has been decimated from tourism, the place was very very quiet regarding tourists, but, the bad news when we went were that there was still the same number of "lucky lucky men", so we got bombarded and then some.

Beautiful and interesting place though, the hottest place I have ever been.

Phil

Sorry guys, Im going to drop out, Im finding it hard to make up the missing weeks.

Phil

Back