Photo52 2012 : Join In !!! : Week 52 Busy

I think that i am in and hoping to improve both my shots and my timekeeping.

I am liking the new main thread format altho I have trouble in linking to the exact point in my thread - but Mark has explained that earlier and i need to refresh my memory.

Not sure how it will work tho if the same number of folk sign up initially for next year.
My timekeeping will be shocking until about September when my family have moved to Cyprus, then I'll be living the single life in London on my own until December when I can join them!

As for the initial rush, I plan to visit a handful of threads each week. I certainly won't be able to comment on everyone's!

Not sure what I'm after for week 52....

So, who's doing TP52 2013???

Cheers.

I'm in.....hopefully work will ease off a bit so I can get my life back & concentrate on this a bit more (y)

Not sure what I'm after for week 52....

So, who's doing TP52 2013???

Cheers.

I will be joining in this year :) my first proper 52 Week Project. I tried to do my own 2 years back but ran out of ideas :(
Im really looking forward to it,after scanning though so many threads :)

:LOL: best I had do! And Iain too, I'll be making the most of my free time and getting out with my camera more!

Consider me warned Marsha :D
Well done to Mr Goblin on his new post (y)
Exciting times for you and your family, good luck with it all :)

I'd like to do the 52 in 2013 challenge. May I ask a newbie question - what if I am away with work and unable to post? (I will still take a shot but maybe unable to get internet access) I suppose I would just post it up on my return, is that what others do?

Thanks Michael, my reason for joining in is twofold, I want a reason to keep picking my camera up each week through the year and to learn new things along the way by comparing my take on the weeks subject with that of others. Can't wait to get started!

You'll love it Brian, welcome aboard!

Thanks Michael, my reason for joining in is twofold, I want a reason to keep picking my camera up each week through the year and to learn new things along the way by comparing my take on the weeks subject with that of others. Can't wait to get started!

I will be going for a 3rd year in a row next year, as are a couple of others. It keeps my mind focused nicely.

Is it always like this at the end? I kind of expected a rekindling of enthusiasm from those left in, with more comments, a final push to catch up with submissions, and maybe a bit of banter, but instead it appears to have pretty much died over the last couple of weeks :(.

I'm not blaming anyone, and I know it's a busy time of year, but if it'd been like this in the middle I'd almost certainly have given up.

Last edited:
I'm guilty!

I've been at home without family since Monday so you'd think loads of time to catch up! Only took two nights to wrap Christmas presents and last night was spent decorating my Christmas cake :bonk:
I did spend (waste) four hours trying to do my negative shot and gave up in frustration:razz:

I'm in work now doing bugger all so hoping to do some catching up, well that's if the guy I'm working with will shut up!!!

I did not do this last year and so don't know whether the enthusiasm waned. People do seem to be keeping up - of the 19 threads that I follow, 11 have posted Negative.

Maybe it is just the time of year with other duties and less time on the PC?

But I do agree with you that it has been the friendly, cheerful, supportive, ironic, informative banter that has helped make the Challenge worthwhile

Is it always like this at the end? I kind of expected a rekindling of enthusiasm from those left in, with more comments, a final push to catch up with submissions, and maybe a bit of banter, but instead it appears to have pretty much died over the last couple of weeks :(.

I'm not blaming anyone, and I know it's a busy time of year, but if it'd been like this in the middle I'd almost certainly have given up.

Nail...head...hit...:D

Although I'm not sure it was any different last year :thinking:

The end is nigh....or is that a new beginning :bonk::naughty:

Cheers.

My failed attempts at negative yesterday have almost put me off doing another 52 :bonk:

Now, now....we've all been there. I've spent hours in the early hours perfecting my masterpiece only to view it on screen and realise its pants.

Unless its really bad, why not post it so advice and assistance can be offered (y)

As my daughter often says, "do it....do it...do it....!!"

Cheers.

posiview said:
Unless its really bad, why not post it so advice and assistance can be offered (y)
Mmm, I may have deleted them already! I'll check when I get home.

posiview said:
As my daughter often says, "do it....do it...do it....!!"
I will, it's my official count down to early retirement :)

Posting wise this years thread has had much more in the way of discussion it seems, last years had 1172 posts, this one is over 1800! So it appears to have been more popular this year, and I am sure there are more of us finishing this year! So a big well done to everybody.

Marsha, lets see what you were trying to do!

And of course we will soon be seeing the 2013 thread too, Sarah posted the 1st weeks theme early towards the end of december. That's not a hint by the way :naughty:

michael23 said:
Posting wise this years thread has had much more in the way of discussion it seems, last years had 1172 posts, this one is over 1800! So it appears to have been more popular this year, and I am sure there are more of us finishing this year! So a big well done to everybody.

Marsha, lets see what you were trying to do!

And of course we will soon be seeing the 2013 thread too, Sarah posted the 1st weeks theme early towards the end of december. That's not a hint by the way :naughty:

Wow, I didn't see them numbers....good show all!!

Yeah, an early week 1 for the TP2013 would be nice.....and an early week 52 for TP2012 would be equally nice ;)

Cheers.

Hi all,

I just want to take this opportunity to wish you and your families a very Happy Christmas and say thank for your support and commitment.

I have managed to keep to complete the 52 (all bar one) shuck for me has been a real achievement. I have learned a lot and your comments have been very helpful.

It has been a struggle time-wise but I have managed to hang in there. I have decided not to do the 52 next year as I go back to sea in early Jan. the scope is extremely limited not to mention the cost using a mobile broadband dongle. Currently HM ships can't support my hobby via the Internet.

I'm sorry I have not got around to commenting on everyone but I have spent my whole leave period putting my house in the market and all that entails, visiting friends and family. I have had scarcely a day to myself. Anyway, I have now relocated to York. I'm going to have a break from the 52 this year but may well bd back in 2014. I'm still very interested in photography :)

Finally, a very big thank you to Sarah for posting the themes and for keeping me updated and to Marsha my sister in arms for her support.

Yuletide greetings and best wishes for 2013

Nick

I'm going to struggle with this weeks theme, because I'm.......

(Wait for it)

.....too busy!

Seriously though, this has been fantastic. I've learned so much (as you can tell from my shots.....NOT!), a lot of it from all your comments, and a lot from seeing your own ideas and techniques. Still a long way to go though (as you CAN tell from my photos!), so I will be doing it for at least another year :)

Thanks everyone, and Merry Christmas :)

Yeah, thanks, Sarah, great work.

Thanks to all who have commented on my photographs throughout the year. I was really after honing my creative skills and feel I have improved.

I'll be doing it again in 2013 and look forward to seeing some of you again.

Busy....sheesh, I've just returned from Asda...and it was mentally busy. I got a snap with my phone but in sure I can get a better one during the week.

Cheers and seasons greeting to you all and your families.

No problems Nick. If you need anything while you're at sea you've got my email address, I can send you my work address as well as I'm sure that would be easier while your access is limited?

Hopefully still see you around on TP and all those others not tapped enough to be doing another 52!

Mike are you joining us again?

Just nipping in to wish you & your families a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS & a HAPPY NEW YEAR (y)

Thanks to all who have spared some time to comment & crit on my images , don't think I've really improved but I have learnt some things along the way & it's been a really community spirit in the 52's ....so much so I'm in for 2013 ....:eek: though having seen some of the ideas for theme's I'm having 2nd & 3rd & 4th thoughts :LOL:

As for Busy....it sum's up the last 6 months for me , just a shame I can't get a piccie of it ! & as for ASDA......jeez....someone needs to put out an announcement......WE ARE ONLY CLOSED FOR 24 HOURS :razz:

Last edited:
Back