Photo52 2012 : Join In !!! : Week 52 Busy

Well done everyone, and thank you to all who have posted feedback.

I've got three more shots to do before I'm finished. With a little luck, I'll get them done before the end of the year.

Congratulations to all who completed the 52 challenge is 2012.

Life just got to busy with a young family and work for me and I dropped out after Easter, unfortunately I don't expect that to change next year. Maybe I will try again in 2014.

Congratulations to you all and I wish you a very happy 2013:)

I want a project but don't think I'll do the 52. Want something more tailored to try and expand mtg skill set. I have learnt and hopefully improved over the year so want a different challenge.

Will keep you posted as to what I do! And will keep an eye on the progress of the 2013 52ers :)

Apologies in advance, I dont think I am going to get round all the remaning pics. I am worn out to say the least, wife and baby are still in hospital, xavier is absolutely fine but jennie is on a trio of antibiotis and not been well, looks like she is in till around 1st of Jan.

Well done everyone for finishing. I will be doing next years project too.

Last edited:
Did someone say something?

Just looked out the window; what a lovely day it is :) ;)

Hi Michael, I really hope Jennie feels better very soon. Hang in there :)

Well... been up an hour raring to go - STILL bloody raining :bang:

Ignore me, i'll just ramble on here to my self

I don't know, a bit of rain and you shy off. Get some gear on, plastic bag for your camera and get out there. I bet Frank Capa didn't complain about the weather :D

Last edited:
Who's Frank Capacity?

Did someone say something?

Just looked out the window; what a lovely day it is :) ;)
:D

I have set aside Monday now for outdoors... going to try some OCF work indoors once my AAA's have re-charged for my triggers

I don't know, a bit of rain and you shy off. Get some gear on, plastic bag for your camera and get out there. I bet Frank Capacity didn't complain about the weather :D
Very True !!!! but I can't be arsed, I have Mon and Wed now to myself and if worst comes to the worst I'll get out in the rain on Wednesday, I want to enjoy my day togging not being wet and ****ed off :LOL:

Who's Frank Capacity?
" DITTO "

Glad to hear that you now know whats going on Michael, what a great start to 2013 it will be for you when they get home!!

Well I have finally finished my 52, it will feel a bit wierd not having to keep looking on a Saturday morning for the new theme! I've decided not to take part next year but to do a different challenge (though I'm not sure which yet!) instead! Good Luck to everyone who's starting another year and a BIG thank you for all your support and comments this year. It has also been great looking at all your pics and how different themes have been interpreted!!:):)

Just to let you know I've not been able to change my thread title as it's now 1 year old today, it's not a problem but it doesn't look like I have finished it!:)

Boo Sarah, sorry you won't be joining us next year, but then again thank god as you and Peter do produce amazing photos!

Alas the spread sheet is crashing my shi'ternet again! I have finished my 2012! I will endeavour to visit everyone's threads before the year is out.

Happy New Year and congrats to everyone for finishing this project :clap: :clap: :woot: :woot: :banana: :banana:

Am thinking about doing a 52 in 2013 for the first time. How's it work? Do I post to a thread like this, or do I make my own 52 thread?

Hoping to show some improvements over the year... I think it's a good way to learn!

Am thinking about doing a 52 in 2013 for the first time. How's it work? Do I post to a thread like this, or do I make my own 52 thread?

Hoping to show some improvements over the year... I think it's a good way to learn!

Hi ya

welcome aboard (y)

Nip into the Personal Challenges, Projects section & create your own thread in the 52's section...

The theme is announced in the Competition,Challenges & Inspiration section each saturday in the 2013 photo52 Challenge thread

Take your shot , post it in the Pictures Only Thread for 2013 52's ( at the top of the 52's section with a link to your personal thread where you also post your image & then we'll all pop in & offer comments, cnstructive crit etc etc (y)
Possibly sounds far more complicated than it actually is , we're a friendly bunch so any questions just ask away :)

Have you tried this clicky linky

:D
:(

Yeah... tried that, no use, and Tech support is off until Monday, Bloody typical now I had been editing and choosing my shots all evening :bang:

I'm pretty sure my Lightroom auto back-up didn't kick in last night, even if it did my old lappy I'm on has LR3 on it, and is not compatible with 4.2 images (I don't think)

*sigh*

Hi Andy - welcome to the 52's - you cant back out now :D

Will add you to the spreadsheet (thank god I use Chrome Live so all my current shortcuts/bookmarks appear like magic :))

blondie606 said:
Possibly sounds far more complicated than it actually is , we're a friendly bunch so any questions just ask away :)

Thanks for the quick reply! One quick question, seeing as you are a friendly bunch, does the picture for a given week's theme have to be a new pic (taken that week), or can it be one I took a while back?

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply! One quick question, seeing as you are a friendly bunch, does the picture for a given week's theme have to be a new pic (taken that week), or can it be one I took a while back?

Thanks!

Hi Alan

the idea is to take a shot specifically for the week's theme so the purists of the 52 challenge would say No, don't use an old one. The aim is to get you out n about , stretching your creative thinking , get you out of you comfort zone & to hopefully learn as you go .
Personnaly I don't have a problem with using an older image if inspiration deserts me or life just gets so hectic that I don't have the time to spend on the theme :)

Last year I avoided using an old image but used a couple in 2011 .Now I don't panic if the theme doesn't thrill me & wait till I get an idea...this may meaning posting up a little late but hey , it's only time (y)

Having said that I'm already panicking about Sin :LOL:

I have finished :cool:

I have had a great time doing this and cannot believe that a year has passed. I can very clearly remember being out taking the shot of 'Direction' - good job that was fairly simple.

Thanks to all who have taken the time and trouble to comment.

I have learned much from the comments about composition - altho you may not all be able to believe this :thinking: and next year i hope to be able to improve my PSE technique - problem is that I am so slow.

One thing that remains the same, has not improved one jot and continues to slow my pace - my typing is still carp. :D

Happy New Year to all 2012 52 ers

DK, stupid question but have you tried changing the fuse? Checked all connections? Asked kids if they've been near it?

You probably have, but just thought I'd ask!
Yeah I have thanks for thinking about it - appreciated :)

Strange thing, 'ALL' lights are on, Front lights, CD Drive light, Power Light, Hard-Drive indicator light, Fan lights, Internal Power & Reset.... Yet nothing works, no whirring hard drive, none of the 3 fans, CD drive won't open... Blinking thing is less than 6 months old :thinking:

I have finished :cool:

I have had a great time doing this and cannot believe that a year has passed. I can very clearly remember being out taking the shot of 'Direction' - good job that was fairly simple.

Thanks to all who have taken the time and trouble to comment.

I have learned much from the comments about composition - altho you may not all be able to believe this :thinking: and next year i hope to be able to improve my PSE technique - problem is that I am so slow.

One thing that remains the same, has not improved one jot and continues to slow my pace - my typing is still carp. :D

Happy New Year to all 2012 52 ers
Excellent !!! well done mate :clap:

Dark Knight said:
Strange thing, 'ALL' lights are on, Front lights, CD Drive light, Power Light, Hard-Drive indicator light, Fan lights, Internal Power & Reset.... Yet nothing works, no whirring hard drive, none of the 3 fans, CD drive won't open... Blinking thing is less than 6 months old :thinking:
Oh, doesn't sound good! Have you asked on here on the OOF bit? I'd have had the side/ back of the machine off and checked all the connections inside! My old old PC Card reader kept failing, the good old military off/ on (or in this case unplug/ re-plug) worked a treat.

I've just had a thought, do you have a card reader plugged in with a memory card in it? My brand knew PC went tilt recently at the boot up stage because it was trying to boot from the card reader plugged into the monitor! We unplugged it and restarted and it worked fine!

Ooooooo I have a card plugged in a USB3 external Reader - will try that, as you say you never know !!!

I've had the side off and pressed a reset button and an internal power button, again nothing, all just stay's lit up - it's brighter than my Christmas tree :D

Hi all
As mentioned in my 2012/52 thread, I will not be taking part in 2013. I would like to wish all those (old and new) who are doing the 2013/52 the very best of luck.
Completing the project was very rewarding and a lot was learnt in the process. I shall pop in for a view every now and again to see what new themes (horrors) are presented to this years participants. Ha Ha
Good Luck everyone.

Hi all
As mentioned in my 2012/52 thread, I will not be taking part in 2013. I would like to wish all those (old and new) who are doing the 2013/52 the very best of luck.
Completing the project was very rewarding and a lot was learnt in the process. I shall pop in for a view every now and again to see what new themes (horrors) are presented to this years participants. Ha Ha
Good Luck everyone.
Aweeee that's a shame... I'll try and catch up on your thread tomorrow, I was originally waiting until I had put my last shots up, but seems my PC has died and the Repair center is closed until Wednesday, I best not leave it much longer - Cheers John (y)

Back