Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

Incredible moon shot David, what did you take it with?
Thanks taken with my Olympus OM-1 with the 300mm f4 and MC-14 so 420mm. (840mm full frame equivalent).
Single shot 1/1000th sec, f/5.6, ISO1000.
Processed in DXO Photo Lab

Mobile phone shot whilst out with my dogs, the new trees with the Deer protection around them are all Oak to replace the conifer/deciduous mix ! If I walk this area early morning I cannot help but see a number of Deer of different types Wyre Forest.
20221006_143636.jpg

Some idiot did this ! The wood equivalent of stone stacking, I'll see if I can make it any higher next time around !

P2.JPG

FGwwUB9.jpg

04dmsZ4.jpg

WonN88q.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, Basima does not like me to walk alone through Andeer :

DSC09811-a7r2-3-s35c.jpg

Vintage Ford :

DSC09813-a7r2-3-s35.jpg

Prosecco at Cafe Iselin :

DSC09822-a7r2-3-s35.jpg

A piece of cake (Schwarzwälder Kirsch) ... :

DSC09825-a7r2-3-s35c.jpg

... I did not have alone :

DSC09833-a7r2-3-s35-c.jpg

Next door, a Swiss hunting dog (Luzerner Laufhund) :

DSC09856-a7r2-3-s35c.jpg

DSC09857-a7r2-3-s35c.jpg

On my way home: Sgraffitto Haus :

DSC09858-a7r2-3-s35c.jpg

DSC09859-a7r2-3-s35c.jpg

I've been out tonight experimenting with my Sony. The original intention was to try and get a photo of the Big Dipper but the cloud was blowing across too fast so I never had time during gaps for it to work. On the stars I did get I think 20 sec exposure may have been too much as they seem a little elongated ( Maybe they were also blowing in the wind !) On a couple my top protection dog ( likely to trip over any attacker) bounced the camera. I was super suprised just how well it took a couple of photos of me and the dog in what looked to me to be a pitch black clearing in the woods but I moved fighting with the dog and destroyed them. Enough wittering here they are.

Pit head wheel , a tribute to the miners of Highley and Alverly in what looked to me total darkness.

1A.JPG

2a.JPG

Illuminated with a head torch
3A.JPG

After a (very) traumatic Thursday we stayed in for a quiet day today and this is the view as I do the washing up :D I like to see the grain and colours in the fence, the wild flowers/plants blowing in the breeze and any blue sky above and remember that this was my sisters house until she recently died and once upon a time we were a happy family. So, a slice of life seen when washing up.

https://i.imgur.com/SPAMl4Fm.jpg

After a (very) traumatic Thursday we stayed in for a quiet day today and this is the view as I do the washing up :D I like to see the grain and colours in the fence, the wild flowers/plants blowing in the breeze and any blue sky above and remember that this was my sisters house until she recently died and once upon a time we were a happy family. So, a slice of life seen when washing up.

https://i.imgur.com/SPAMl4Fm.jpg
I couldn't live with the wonky blinds Alan! ;)

Early start again today.

PA087420-1k.jpg

This one is straight out of the camera.PA087542-1k.jpg

Last week there were hundreds of birds around at the same time. This week there were hardly any, but a red kite put in an appearance and flew fairly close.
PA087569-1k.jpg

Finally. an unusual sight - probably helped by the compression effect of a long lens.
PA087404-1k.jpg

Hi, a few from our trip home from Andeer/CH, taken with my SONY NEX5N - LEITZ Summicron 2/35 :

DSC04548-nex5-L35c-.jpg

DSC04562-nex5-L35c.jpg

DSC04564-nex5-L35c.jpg

DSC04567-nex5-L35c-c.jpg

Detour through France due to accidents near Karlsruhe :

DSC04573-nex5-L35c.jpg

Safe and sound in our home province at last !

DSC04583-nex5-L35c-c.jpg

Back