Hi, a hot morning, the squirrel had a drink :

DSC_7576-d500c.jpg

Decided to go up to the feeder :

DSC_7581-d500c.jpg

DSC_7583-d500c.jpg

DSC_7595-d500c.jpg

Looking into my dining-room :

DSC_7585-d500c.jpg

P.S.: Just in the mail : HOREX memorabilia I got for taking pics of their 100 year anniversary event, and sending an SD-card to their club :

DSC02285-a7r2-4-c.jpg

Last edited:
We had a surprise trip to Whitby. The light seemed to be very harsh, I was pleased any pictures came out.

Entering.

DSC02795.jpg

Leaving.

DSC02804.jpg

There were a lot of young foreign gentlemen and all were impeccably dressed in what looked to be expensive suits and one carried an umbrella. There were a number of them on the replica galleon playing music, dancing and cheering and having a great time. I wonder who they were.

did my weekly visit to the swans/cygnets as im recording their growth and was totally

53043674296_99046b6512_b.jpg53043674431_191c1e5259_b.jpg53043084562_322a8aeb1c_b.jpg53044227523_2b89258c8c_b.jpg surprised when the mom swan climbed up onto the bank and actualy let me hand feed her, the cygnets quickly followed and started to eat the swan pellets i put on the grass. it ended up with the mom and dad swans standing right next to me and the four cygnets sat in a row in front of me so close i could just reach out and touch them if i wasn't positive that the parents would have bitten my fingers lol

We had a surprise trip to Whitby. The light seemed to be very harsh, I was pleased any pictures came out.

Entering.

View attachment 395322

Leaving.

View attachment 395323

There were a lot of young foreign gentlemen and all were impeccably dressed in what looked to be expensive suits and one carried an umbrella. There were a number of them on the replica galleon playing music, dancing and cheering and having a great time. I wonder who they were.

I like the "lighting", but can't say why :) It has an almost film like or mild HDR appearance, and shows more detail than you would normally expect. To me, very nice.

Hi, grain harvest, from yesterday evening :

DSC05248-a7-5-c.jpg

Today, I went to Mühlhausen/D to take car pics at the HEIDELBERG HISTORIC, shown in the brochure :

DSC05255-a7-5-c.jpg

I parked my car, and prepared my armchair :

DSC_7602-d500.jpg

#1 of185 cars :

DSC_7605-d500c.jpg

Driving in heavy traffic on a hot day was not very pleasant. Back home, I checked my pics and had a beer ... :

DSC05256-a7-5-c.jpg

I like the "lighting", but can't say why :) It has an almost film like or mild HDR appearance, and shows more detail than you would normally expect. To me, very nice.

Thank you. The harshness and glare were at levels I don't see too often and made metering difficult when shooting into it so I was pleased to get anything.

Last edited:
Another random collection from my dog walk.

This one was not taken today or with the same camera But is included to show the difference with the building.. The rest are today with my cheap superzoom.

3.JPG

As you can see someone has removed the extension to the building on the left which was a forge. A retro edit !

D1.JPG

A retro Colour film cheap camera edit !

F1.JPG

There's a photo Terrorist/ bomber in this one !

BOMB.JPG

TREE.JPG

These were both taken from some distance using the Superzooms zoom ! Martha one of my three dogs. One has an intolerance to wheat another A meat allergy of all things for a dog, and this one is just getting old ! (10 years coming 11)
DOG1.JPG

DOG2.JPG

Oops just past midnight so I'm late posting these from "todays" walk around the block.

Green Man Community Garden Flowers
006 15 07 23.jpg
005 15 07 23.jpg
004 15 07 23.jpg

Light through an old doorway that I quite liked.

007 15 07 23.jpg

The Fun Fair has arrived at the end of the park (it rained hard all afternoon and I think they didn't bother opening up !

008 15 07 23.jpg

This morning dog walk on the Severn Valley Park Alverly and Highley ( the park is both sides of the river and a former coal mine site.

Believe it or not this slugie water cleaned the dogs up ! Trying to get this photo showed up the weaknesses of the camera (Kodak Az401 bridge) , I set to shutter priority at 250th and took about 5 shots ,this being the best. There seems to a 1/2 second delay from pressing the shutter to it taking the photo !

Using this camera makes me think why did I buy the Sony a6000 ? The Sony is clearly better quality than this cheap super zoom but I am quite impressed by the results and it makes me wander would I have been better off buying a £400ish superzoom/Bridge camera as it's all in one package would have been more useful to me.

DOGSWATER.JPG

SIGN.JPG

Poor photographers and here is how it looks !

Tight squeeze !

CAGE.JPG

ZOOM.JPG

STAIRS1.JPG

Last edited:
"weaknesses of the camera"
"Using this camera"
"than this cheap super zoom"

Silly question maybe, but what is the "this"

Silly question maybe, but what is the "this

The camera is a cheap Kodak AZ401 retaling at the time at a 1/4 of the Sony's A6000's price. it suffers a few problems Such as poor Dynamic range, the delay in taking the shot from pressing the shutter and because of the small sensor lack of control over depth of field, The depth of field problem only ever rears it's head very occasionally so 95% of the time is not an issue the other two problems do cause difficulty. On the other hand It's a relatively small set up when you consider all the lenses and extra cost associated with them that would be required from the Sony to get the same focal length range. I'm guessing a better quality Bridge camera would have at least reduced the gap between the two cameras.

I've altered the above post to include more detail !

Last edited:
Just wondering would good photo editing software improve my pictures and is it easy to use?
I'd say there isn't a great deal wrong with them TBH.
Obviously, the current photoshop is the most widely used, or so it seems.
Outrageously priced IMO.
Faststone is quite good, and free ( windows only)
Affinity is a good substitute for PS, and around 60 quid, one time payment.

River walk near Pavenham Beds today, I walked to the river bank and the Cormorant popped up from under the water and fled at the sight of me.
We got to the car seconds before the dark cloud opened up and lashed down.
Stopped at a locasl lake after and snapped the Gull.

001 16 07 23.jpg
003 16 07 23.jpg
005 16 07 23.jpg
002 16 07 23.jpg
006 16 07 23.jpg

Back