Posiview's Photo 52 'Nature' added **FINISHED!!**

Now I know where Kev got his Andy (the egg head) comment from!

I like the weathervane and the bouy, mainly because you're doing something different.
A lot of your recent shots have been of you or Isabelle.
The 2nd weathervane is the better one for me, I like the detail in the sky, but the composition of the first is good, not many would have thought of that on, but it works very well.

Only two weeks left, I wonder if you can keep the family out of them?

Andy...number two without a doubt.....no wait...one...no two.....no one......let's settle for the vane sake..

Mono tick...
detail tick...
foreboding sky tick....

That's my boxes ticked for weather.... Well done

Talk 2 works good with the top cropped of :p

Like the first weather shot....nicely off centre to add some tension...

Now I know where Kev got his Andy (the egg head) comment from!

I like the weathervane and the bouy, mainly because you're doing something different.
A lot of your recent shots have been of you or Isabelle.
The 2nd weathervane is the better one for me, I like the detail in the sky, but the composition of the first is good, not many would have thought of that on, but it works very well.

Only two weeks left, I wonder if you can keep the family out of them?

Thanks all.

It this was one of them rare occasions where I ssslllooowwwweeddd myself down and really tried to think through and compose the photographs.

I needs to try this more often...

Cheers and 2 weeks left indeed...

I need to think about what I'm doing when it ends. I'd say I'm 50/50 of doing it again. Might give this POTY a look into. I also like the Kev's disposable idea. I fancy one photograph a week. Not snap shots, as such, but photographs I've taken on impulse because I instinctively saw 'something'.

Then develop after 52 weeks...:eek:

Let's see...(y)

(***ANY LINKS IN THIS POST AUTO ADDED AND WERE NOT ADDED MY ME :rules:)

We had a family trip to Scarborough today after Jackie reminded me that I'd been twice this year on TP meets and we, as a family, hadn't been once - first time we haven't been during the year for the last 12 years...:shake:

I took my camera and tripod. We arrived and I took my camera bag out then reached for the tripod....well, Jackie gave me a, "Andy, darling, I'd rather like it if you didn't bring the tripod on this occasion", or more correctly, "Andy, touch that tripod and it will disappear up your......!".

Needless to say, the tripod remained in the car...:puke:

The light and sky were amazing, really, amazing.

These said light to me in so many ways: the light had a warm tinge to it, the lighthouse just screamed 'light', the light reflecting in the sand from the lighthouse.

Flickr has sucked some of the lovely orange out of it and it looks a tad 'mucky'. I need to look into optimising photographs for uploading from Flickr to prevent this....:thinking:

I also did a B&W and have to say, I rather like the contrast.

This isn't my final offering, but I need to venture out after dark for the one I have in mind...on my own...:bat:

Oh, and Isabelle isn't in sight...

Cheers all.

Lighthouse 2 by andysheader, on Flickr

Lighthouse by andysheader, on Flickr

I like the colour version, I know it isn't what you saw but I've seen similar light here (y)

Both are nice, but I do prefer the black and white version.

Thanks. I went out tonight to make my proper Light photograph. I haven't looked at them yet, but don't hold out much hope. It was a bit scary on my own. :nuts:

I'll see what I've got.

Cheers.

I went to photograph my intended subject, but I seem to have missed the 8 foot iron fence surrounding the building in the past :thinking:

Anyway, I didn't feel too comfortable with my camera out after dark but I just got on with it. My original intention was to do a tone mapped 7 photograph merge but it looked rubbish.

The actual lights look amazing, but there's a damn lamp post so I had to crop some off.

Anyway, here's my final...possibly, submission for light.

Week 51 Light by andysheader, on Flickr

Holy crap, this is WEEK 51....it's going to be similar to finishing University.....only without the debt, oh, wait.....:nuts::nuts:

Cheers.

Hiya Andy,

Absolutely love your colour version of the lighthouse .... brilliant work pal!

Then your recent post of light .... wow!!! you know how much I love abstract ..... and this fits the bill 100%

So for me this week, you have pressed all the buttons :p

Cheers

Dawn :)

HI Andy

'pologies for missing a few of your weeks :crying:

Weather.....love the colors & the detail in #4...really nice (y)

Of the 2 weather vanes....prefer the 2nd image for the added detail in both the sky & the buliding...& like it being central....good one mister :clap:

Light....the color version wins for me ( though possibly a slight rotation to the right ?), beautiful colors , great detail in the sky

Final light submission....just brilliant :clap::clap:

ps....what on earth is a tone mapped 7 photograph merge ? & for that matter...7 shot bracket set :thinking:

Hope you & the family have a great Christmas & hope you get all the togging toys you put in your letter to Santa...have a great time & see you in January (y)

Andy, I rather like that; weird but interesting (y)

Thanks, Tina.

Hiya Andy,

Absolutely love your colour version of the lighthouse .... brilliant work pal!

Then your recent post of light .... wow!!! you know how much I love abstract ..... and this fits the bill 100%

So for me this week, you have pressed all the buttons

Cheers

Dawn :)

I'm a bit ambiguous about abstract photographs, to be honest. I can't get away from my initial reaction of, "boring!". The irony of it is that I do tend to see abstract photographic opportunities more than any other genre. I think I'll set myself a task to research abstract photography.

Love the colour lighthouse Andy, and love that you're not in it
Does it need a slight rotation though?
I'm not sure if it's the angle or it's shape.

The reflection is great as is the colour in the sky.

The second take on light is good too, and still no Andy

.."and still no Andy", how vary dare you. HHmmm, I thought I'd look into this and, well, I guess you're right, I've been in around 30-40% of my TP 52 posts....which is quite strange considering I'm an inherently shy person :thinking:

And...you're right the light house did need a slight rotation. I'm usually spot on with my horizons.

Cheers.

HI Andy

'pologies for missing a few of your weeks

Weather.....love the colors & the detail in #4...really nice (y)

Of the 2 weather vanes....prefer the 2nd image for the added detail in both the sky & the buliding...& like it being central....good one mister

Light....the color version wins for me ( though possibly a slight rotation to the right ?), beautiful colors , great detail in the sky

Final light submission....just brilliant :clap::clap:

ps....what on earth is a tone mapped 7 photograph merge ? & for that matter...7 shot bracket set :thinking:

Hope you & the family have a great Christmas & hope you get all the togging toys you put in your letter to Santa...have a great time & see you in January (y)

Thanks, rotation, well spotted.

Tone mapping "Tone mapping is the process in which the colors of an HDR image are mapped to a normal image (LDR). In other words the dynamic range of an HDR image is reduced to fit into a normal image (LDR)." Not sure that helps.:thinking:

In actual fact, I think it was 'tone mapped', "exposure fusion is a technique for blending multiple exposures of the same scene into a single image". All done with Photomatix.

Hope you and your families have a great Christmas and I'll see some of you in January....not sure where though :woot: :muted:

Well, technically finished. I'm away with family in Scotland for Christmas and will look to photograph week 53.

It's been emotional and far harder than I expected, mentally and physically :D

Learned loads and got to know some 'interesting' folk (y)

Here's my submission for glass. Water drops on glass photographed with 105mm. I'm not at all happy with them but don't have time for a reshoot. I need far more practice with this lens and macro photography in general. I could not get the focus right with the tripod so went for hand held. The reflections are annoying - not sure if they are from the flash or window :thinking:

Anyway, I give you week 52 sheesh... I made it. :puke:

52 glass by andysheader, on Flickr

52 glass 2 by andysheader, on Flickr

Well Andy I was going to wait for a shot of the rolling Scottish highlands for your final nature shot before congratulating you. But feel time is running out for both of us. Well done Andy. You've been a good egg. Never let the theme beat you. Maybe sometimes poached ideas? And some expressions leaving us thinking you're a bit humpty ....

Good luck with 2012. Where ever photography takes you because you don't shy from projects....I've seen your toilet..humour on flickr ...

I rather like the multi reflections, apart from the strange ones in #1, what is that odd collection of letters?

Happy Christmas :D

Why I aught to...

:LOL:

Well done Andy for finishing the Project and with 2 excellent creative shots.

Now just the bonus shot to complete.

And welcome to Scotland. :D

Great time in Scotland, but not much togging...:crying:

I have a nature but it's not what I wanted...although I don't want to finish on a low, I might not have time for a reshoot.

Thanks and thanks for the support. (y)

Well done Andy on the completion! Excellent stuff! (y) :clap:

Thanks, Michael for your support.

I like them Andy, especially the 2nd.
If you hadn't have said water drops on a glass, I wouldn't have got the connection to the theme.

I've done my week 52, but still got the bonus to do, so I don't feel I've finished yet.

Enjoy Scotland.

The connection is always there....you just have to look for it...(y)

See ya in a few weeks...:D

Well Andy I was going to wait for a shot of the rolling Scottish highlands for your final nature shot before congratulating you. But feel time is running out for both of us. Well done Andy. You've been a good egg. Never let the theme beat you. Maybe sometimes poached ideas? And some expressions leaving us thinking you're a bit humpty ....

Good luck with 2012. Where ever photography takes you because you don't shy from projects....I've seen your toilet..humour on flickr ...

Many thanks, Kev. Pity you can't join us for the TP meet but I have a strange feeling our sure our paths will cross again...

And....for 'poached', I prefer 'emulate'....(y)

Thanks all....

Last edited:
A tad rushed, I'm sorry to say. I'll have no time to reshoot...11 days off work and it's going to be emotional when I go in tomorrow morning :puke:

#1 is a close up of a large section of rock on Kirkcaldy beach that is really eroded. I wish I'd taken a wide shot of the rocks to show more, but I was with Jackie and Isabelle and, well, I feel I've taken the p**s enough with my camera this year so I didn't. Photographed (in wind) @ ISO 1250 @ 1/60th...hence not that sharp.

#2 was taken when the sky opened and these wonderful rays of sunshine shone through the clouds. Again 1/60th in wind.

53 nature by andysheader, on Flickr

53 nature 2 by andysheader, on Flickr

Hiya Andy,

Wow! You made it .... not that I ever doubted you wouldn't. Congratulations on a successful Photo52. One that you should be very proud of and I can see the progress you have made throughout the year.

I've always remembered you for your holy sock shot :LOL:, OMG I just checked back and it was page one .... so just goes to show. I've also noticed how Isabelle has grown and developed into a gorgeous young lady and I bet you are very proud of her, and so you should be. Jackie and Isabelle have played an important part in your photo52 and I commend them both for same, it is almost as if we have met them through your photos, which says a lot in the sense that you have captured their characteristics so well. :clap:

Your photos have been of great inspiration, especially the way you have thought out each theme and produced a fab shots for same.

So onto the last of your photo52, like Neil I too wouldn't have made the connection for glass .... if you had not mentioned the technique and application to achieve same. However, it is very effective and I too prefer the 2nd photo, although the 1st has a slightly submissive advertising appeal to it.

The 1st of Nature makes for a great abstract photo, however I am not so keen on this one. However, I do like the 2nd shot, I'd love to see that in colour. IMO photos of the sun should be in colour because I feel in mono the impact of the fantastic colours are lost.

It sounds like you have had a fantastic Christmas. Lucky you being in Scotland for same ...... I absolutely love Scotland, I think it is the most beautiful place on earth.

Andy, it has been an absolute delight to follow your progress throughout the year, and the other projects you completed (i.e., the Costa Coffee). It was a pleasure to meet you at the halfway meet and I look forward to catching up with you in the New Year.

You are a fantastic chap, with great creativity and potential to go far with your photography. I look forward to following your future pursuits on TP.

Now don't get into too much trouble with your Jackie, I am sure she will be observing your spending :naughty:

Thanks for all your support, comments and critique on my own Photo52. You are not too far from me, so if ever you fancy meeting up for a tog outing, I am sure there are plenty of places midway between us. Please keep in contact, you have my mobile number, so give us a shout any time.

I would like to wish you and your family all the best for 2012, may it be prosperous and full of photographic opportunities and learning. Big hugs for you, Jackie and Isabelle.

Take care

Cheers

Dawn x

Congratulations Andy, you've done really well in completing a major project and living life ;)

Of your nature submissions both are on theme though my preference is the rock, not sure it needs a wider view. The colours and shapes are clear and distinct giving a good feel for the texture (y)

Fab ending to your 52 Challenge Andy...Congrats on finishing :clap:

Liking your 2nd image for Nature....well caught...wonder what the color version looks like ?

I've looked back through your thread & seen how far you've come this year...brilliant work mister (y)
Good luck with wherever you head ( photographically wise of course ) next year ,hope you n yours have agreat New Year & see you in Wales :clap:

ps....are you doing a 52 next year ? seen conflicting posts so just checking :LOL:

Andy, Nature number 2... love the forboding scene... I'm not depressed by chance, i'll admit i have 'Push here' written on my head somewhere...

Guys an gall, fellow toggers and friends...:D

I thank you. Without the positive and critical feedback, I suspect my 2011 52 would not have been as good.

Now, onto my 2012 TP 52 and POTY....

Linky.

(y)

Back