weekly Posiview's TP52 for 2014 Week 52 Support added and FINISHED :)

Hi Andy, what was all that about an apple falling from a tree ;) what I want to know is what book is it you are reading :thinking:
anyway nice humorous take on the theme, the only mistake I can see is its not an apple tree but then its not a real apple, so no idea really.

and yes the comments are indeed drying up (y)

motion blur on the apple is much better, well sorted.

The colour was quite a way of on the first wasn't it! I can always see things like that when in comparison, but the first shot viewed in isolation the colour didn't jump out at me.

The colour was indeed off!

Cheers.

Now, if you'd been reading a copy of "Mathematica Principia" that would have been the icing on the cake. Definitely a more together shot after the edit and no CA now!

Yup, no more CA.

Googled Mathematica Principia, think I'll stick with books similar to the one in the link below :)

Hi Andy, what was all that about an apple falling from a tree ;) what I want to know is what book is it you are reading :thinking:
anyway nice humorous take on the theme, the only mistake I can see is its not an apple tree but then its not a real apple, so no idea really.

and yes the comments are indeed drying up (y)

Hi, Allan, this is the book I was reading. A wonderful and well composed book.

Not the apple tree..:)

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi Andy,

Sharp... I like the 2nd one the best, I prefer the crop, the red gives it impact its nice composition too:)
Pure...looks like pure madness to me, well caught
Sparkle... well executed, definitely lost its sparkle
Fall.... Interesting but not the best that you have done

Hi Andy,

Sharp... I like the 2nd one the best, I prefer the crop, the red gives it impact its nice composition too:)
Pure...looks like pure madness to me, well caught
Sparkle... well executed, definitely lost its sparkle
Fall.... Interesting but not the best that you have done

Cheers, Judy, yeah, Fall, although I'm not too disappointed, I suspect I could improve - reshoot, maybe :)

Hi, all, it's been a while since I posted so early. Might get more comments :whistle:

Me and Isabelle. Despite her smile she was blooming freezing, hence her lack of colour :)

Cheers.

NB: edit added in post 888.

Last edited:
Looks like fun was had there.. You look to have a well practiced air of indifference / not listening.

Well thought out leaving plenty room for the words in between, although with the complete black it wouldn't be hard to add a bit extra in if needed.

Pssst,. Only week 37. ;)

Last edited:
Hi Andy, a nice idea your expression says it all, your daughter seems to have a slight green tinge to her which is a pity
would maybe like to see more words in the middle more of a jumble to give the idea of how kids can really hassle you sometimes, though that might be a little confusing.
nice take on the theme anyway (y)

Looks like fun was had there.. You look to have a well practiced air of indifference / not listening.

Well thought out leaving plenty room for the weirs in between, although with the complete black it wouldn't be hard to add a bit extra in if needed.

Pssst,. Only week 37. ;)

Week 37..oops.

Yeah, I had an edit as Isabelle a little green :)

Cheers.

Hi Andy, a nice idea your expression says it all, your daughter seems to have a slight green tinge to her which is a pity
would maybe like to see more words in the middle more of a jumble to give the idea of how kids can really hassle you sometimes, though that might be a little confusing.
nice take on the theme anyway (y)

Nice one, I missed her looking like the Hulk :)

I considered random, jumbled up words but settled for oft use phrases.

Edit below (y)

Cheers.

Week 37 Communicate 2 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Nice one Andy - did you shoot the two of you separately and then composite? Lighting on Isabelle (we have an Isabella and I nearly stuck an 'a' on automatically :oops: :$) is now bang on for me. I like the touch of rim lighting on her hair - did you have a light behind or was that the moon?

I wonder if you would benefit from a touch of back lighting to help you stand out from the black? As it is, the top & back of your head in particular just fades.

Very clever take on the theme which works so well. Great one (y)

much better colour in that one

Cheers, Allan.

Nice one Andy - did you shoot the two of you separately and then composite? Lighting on Isabelle (we have an Isabella and I nearly stuck an 'a' on automatically :oops: :$) is now bang on for me. I like the touch of rim lighting on her hair - did you have a light behind or was that the moon?

I wonder if you would benefit from a touch of back lighting to help you stand out from the black? As it is, the top & back of your head in particular just fades.

Very clever take on the theme which works so well. Great one (y)

For some reason I couldn't use my flash when my camera was in manual :thinking: So it was a 'suck it and see'. As always, I'm aware of several issues, namley, as you said, I'd have liked a bit of rim lighting on me. The flash was slightly higher with Isabelle so she has a little more light on the top of her head.

Yeah, it's a composite.

Cheers (y)

Hi Andy ...yet another great idea for the theme....very well put together, and a very typical conversation ...I love the expressions on the faces, and the bright red top really adds a splash of colour to the super black background :clap:

Thank, Susie, it was a fun few minutes before Isabelle got fed up :)

Cheers.

Sparkle - I recognise the building/ruins although haven't been past it in ages. I like the approach you've taken with the PP and also mosaic effect. Another alternative would be to add a white border to each of the individual photos although it works as it stands.

Fall - Amusing idea to have the falling apple. My eye keeps going to that foot but that has already been mentioned

Communicate - mmm communicating with kids. I like the idea but something isn't quite working for me. Maybe the fonts - kids shout - or at least they do to me LOL. I'd have also preferred to have seen more of the mobiles visible if possible.

Sparkle - I recognise the building/ruins although haven't been past it in ages. I like the approach you've taken with the PP and also mosaic effect. Another alternative would be to add a white border to each of the individual photos although it works as it stands.

Fall - Amusing idea to have the falling apple. My eye keeps going to that foot but that has already been mentioned

Communicate - mmm communicating with kids. I like the idea but something isn't quite working for me. Maybe the fonts - kids shout - or at least they do to me LOL. I'd have also preferred to have seen more of the mobiles visible if possible.

Cheers, Peter. Not much left of the buidling now :(

Communcate, I tried to get as much of the phone in without having the ear pieceon my jaw :) as usual, I onoy had acfew takes before Isabelle got bored :bat:

The building picture works really well for me. The latest edit is the one I looked at, like the pp there. Fall, made me smile! Great take on the theme.
Communication, works perfectly for me, nicely done.

Cheers, Michael , I know how busy you are so apprecite the FB.

Cheers, Allan.

For some reason I couldn't use my flash when my camera was in manual :thinking: So it was a 'suck it and see'. As always, I'm aware of several issues, namley, as you said, I'd have liked a bit of rim lighting on me. The flash was slightly higher with Isabelle so she has a little more light on the top of her head.

Yeah, it's a composite.

Cheers (y)

That's bizarre. Sorry to ask a stupid question but you weren't setting your s/s to above sync speed were you? (I'll stop teaching you to suck eggs now :))

That's bizarre. Sorry to ask a stupid question but you weren't setting your s/s to above sync speed were you? (I'll stop teaching you to suck eggs now :))

No such thing as a silly question ;) but nope it was working on camera but not off camera. I did a fill reset but nowt. I have a feeling it's something really simple that I'm doing wrong. Never have this problem before for some reason I can't figure out :banghead:

Think I'll have another look....

Cheers.

Nope. Very weird. I have the wireless controlled on my camera and the receiver on my flash...and doesn't work. It will flash when press the button on top of the wireless controller, though. I have the camera flash setting to manual.

Cheers.

Nope. Very weird. I have the wireless controlled on my camera and the receiver on my flash...and doesn't work. It will flash when press the button on top of the wireless controller, though. I have the camera flash setting to manual.

Cheers.

A few more daft q's - is it light-controlled wireless (i.e. responding to the on-camera flash) or radio triggered (e.g. Pocket Wizard / Yongnou etc.)? Is it on manual flash mode or TTL? Are the receiver and transmitter both on the same channel (for manual that's the wireless transmitter & receiver devices, for TTL thats those as well as the camera & flash "channel" settings on the TTL setup)?

I'll be honest and say I sometimes tangle myself up too - I have two flashes (rarely use both), one is P-TTL compatible and one is manual... and also a pair of Yongnou radio triggers. The permutations of use are endless - using pop up flash to trigger via TTL, using the TTL flash on camera and triggering the second off camera via its IR sensor, using the Yongnou to trigger one via radio which then triggers the second via IR... all I can say is that unless I'm very careful it usually takes a couple of attempts to get camera, triggers and flash(es) all in the right mode for the bloomin' setup to work! And that's before I've even started to worry about the right flash settings, locations etc. :)

A few more daft q's - is it light-controlled wireless (i.e. responding to the on-camera flash) or radio triggered (e.g. Pocket Wizard / Yongnou etc.)? Is it on manual flash mode or TTL? Are the receiver and transmitter both on the same channel (for manual that's the wireless transmitter & receiver devices, for TTL thats those as well as the camera & flash "channel" settings on the TTL setup)?

I'll be honest and say I sometimes tangle myself up too - I have two flashes (rarely use both), one is P-TTL compatible and one is manual... and also a pair of Yongnou radio triggers. The permutations of use are endless - using pop up flash to trigger via TTL, using the TTL flash on camera and triggering the second off camera via its IR sensor, using the Yongnou to trigger one via radio which then triggers the second via IR... all I can say is that unless I'm very careful it usually takes a couple of attempts to get camera, triggers and flash(es) all in the right mode for the bloomin' setup to work! And that's before I've even started to worry about the right flash settings, locations etc. :)

Hi, it's a cheap Yongnuo, not radio triggered. Flash is on manual.

However, I've turned the wireless control the other way - from memory (and looking at the connections on the camera/control) the wrong way and it works :thinking:

Cheers.

Great idea and image Andy (y), excellent PP skills :clap:

Andy... loving the shots of the surfers on the river... a different slant if ever there was one M8...
The fall image made me laugh so I like your take on the theme too...
And communicate... I think all parents can relate to that type of communication when they have kids...

Hi Andy - Apologies for the delay in comments

Sharp - I'm with Allan on this one the first for me the red really stands out and angle is perfect and just enough of the blade in view making you want to see more

Pure - Different mate agree with you the first works better looks much more dramatic and angle of the surfer is great,

Sparkle - like the idea its not what i would have expected or thought off for this theme

Fall - a nice fun image I quite like it and cant add anything that's not on ready been mentioned mr big foot

Communicate - excellent colours are as bright as your daughters smile another wonderful idea and the look on your face priceless

Hi Andy sorry I haven't popped in here for a while, had a few problems with my broadband provider.

Sharp - good image for the theme, nice composition works well for the theme I like it.

Pure - great action shot, good composition nicely taken.

Sparkle - a lovely take on the theme, and great pp work. The place certainly looks as if it has lost its sparkle.

Fall - an interesting take for the theme I like it, could be a new advert for Apple.

Communicate - a super take for the theme compositionally very good, nothing for me to crit on.

Last edited:
Hey Andy :)

Fall - Really like that idea, nice and straightforward, the canoo feet look fine to me, really like the green in the bark, a nice colourful image :)

Communicate - That made me laugh when I saw it on flickr, Nice black background although I can see a few patches behind Isabelle... love the expression on your face and can sooooooooo relate to all them questions - love it :clap:

Andy... loving the shots of the surfers on the river... a different slant if ever there was one M8...
The fall image made me laugh so I like your take on the theme too...
And communicate... I think all parents can relate to that type of communication when they have kids...

Cheers, Communicate was a quick shoot but fun.

Hi Andy - Apologies for the delay in comments

Sharp - I'm with Allan on this one the first for me the red really stands out and angle is perfect and just enough of the blade in view making you want to see more

Pure - Different mate agree with you the first works better looks much more dramatic and angle of the surfer is great,

Sparkle - like the idea its not what i would have expected or thought off for this theme

Fall - a nice fun image I quite like it and cant add anything that's not on ready been mentioned mr big foot

Communicate - excellent colours are as bright as your daughters smile another wonderful idea and the look on your face priceless

Thanks, it's not easy sometimes producng something different.

Hi Andy sorry I haven't popped in here for a while, had a few problems with my broadband provider.

Sharp - good image for the theme, nice composition works well for the theme I like it.

Pure - great action shot, good composition nicely taken.

Sparkle - a lovely take on the theme, and great pp work. The place certainly looks as if it has lost its sparkle.

Fall - an interesting take for the theme I like it, could be a new advert for Apple.

Communicate - a super take for the theme compositionally very good, nothing for me to crit on.

No problmes, life gets in the way sometimes.

Appreciate the FB (y)

Hey Andy :)

Fall - Really like that idea, nice and straightforward, the canoo feet look fine to me, really like the green in the bark, a nice colourful image :)

Communicate - That made me laugh when I saw it on flickr, Nice black background although I can see a few patches behind Isabelle... love the expression on your face and can sooooooooo relate to all them questions - love it :clap:

Hi, there, canoe feet :)

Thanks for the feedback (y)

Cheers all.

Hi Andy, an amusing take on the theme, never trusted that Woody character, a bit less light on Woody might have made it a little more sinister.

not sure about the light streak though I am not sure if it is something and I am not quite making out.
works well for the theme

Strong idea Andy, woody definitely has reason to want to do away with buzz. Your base shot looks pretty much perfect, but can't help but feel the blood a little overdone (can't decide if the cleaver was added or not).

The light from above I'm also thinking is superfluous, was your thinking more along the lines of a light leak on a film camera rather than a ray of light in the scene itself?

But overall, a bit less blood and maybe darken the blood on buzz a touch and it's a solid 10/10 for me. :clap:

Hi Andy, an amusing take on the theme, never trusted that Woody character, a bit less light on Woody might have made it a little more sinister.

not sure about the light streak though I am not sure if it is something and I am not quite making out.
works well for the theme

Strong idea Andy, woody definitely has reason to want to do away with buzz. Your base shot looks pretty much perfect, but can't help but feel the blood a little overdone (can't decide if the cleaver was added or not).

The light from above I'm also thinking is superfluous, was your thinking more along the lines of a light leak on a film camera rather than a ray of light in the scene itself?

But overall, a bit less blood and maybe darken the blood on buzz a touch and it's a solid 10/10 for me. :clap:

Cheers guys, I was after a Saw (movie) feel and have time to edit, if needed.

I have to say, I'm suprised at the difference between viewing it on my Mac and viewing it on my work's PC.

Cheers.

Super idea Andy. I prefer the edit. The look on Woody's face is great. I think because the image is so black the film-esque frame around isn't quite working as well as it could have done.

Super idea Andy. I prefer the edit. The look on Woody's face is great. I think because the image is so black the film-esque frame around isn't quite working as well as it could have done.

Cheers, Peter, as stated above the photograph is brighter on my Mac. I might have to see if I can add an action in PS to increase exposure a tad before I save.

Hi Andy great idea, the edit for me too, much better without the streaks :)

Cheers, Judi, yup, the light streaks....what was I thinking :)

Edit is a big improvement... glad you left the blood on the cleaver - that works great.

(Hate to say but you;ve lost the left side of buzz behind woody now though. sorry. :sorry:)

I'm not sure that increasing exposure before saving is particularly good practice. :), can you not vary the brightness of the screen. Also, I have mentioned to you before, (back here in fact), these have ProPhoto RGB embedded as their colourspace, different Operating systems (?), and browsers will display differently depending on the colourspace selected. Pookeyheads tip from the link in my last post works for making sure everytihng is set to sRGB for consistency. Plus any export settings in LR.

Back