weekly Pyir's 52 for 2018 - Week 11-15 Catch Up

Hi Ruth.
I'm not sure about this one. I get what you're aiming for, but perhaps the lightest parts should be in the sharpest focus.
Mind you, it can't have been an easy shot to take.

Age - Lovely portrait of you and your mum
Sharp - good take on the theme nice vibrant colours
Guard - I like the first one better he looks very imposing
Thick - I am guessing fur needs a bit more focus (or the animal to keep still) but great idea.

The thick fur might need a bit more DoF, but great idea (y)

Like that, it made me smile and a great title for the photo.

Nice one Ruth, made me smile :D Love millions and minions too!

What is your Minion standing in, sweets of some kind?
This is an abundance shot where the shallow DoF works. Having the neck of the jar, the Minion and some of the sweets(?) in focus like that is lovely.

What is your Minion standing in, sweets of some kind?
This is an abundance shot where the shallow DoF works. Having the neck of the jar, the Minion and some of the sweets(?) in focus like that is lovely.

Those are 'Millions' ;)

Abundance - A fun shot, the Minion looks very please with his hoard, great idea for the shot I really like it.

I caught my Dad's Man Flu
Yeah but it won't be anywhere near as bad as his :D hope you get well soon.
Like the big frame-filling heavy duty battery, good take on the theme.

Hi Ruth

Nice take on Abundance, dof works well and the restricted colours of the sweets helps, lovely reflections of light on the glass jar.
Heavy, it says it on the battery, not a well known brand to me, so I don't how heavy the duty is.

Pete

Heavy - definitely heavy it says so on it. I like that it nearly fills the frame and there are more batteries in the background.

Nice shots for the catch-up. I really like the idea for juxtaposition

Great catch-up! I think wet and oval stand out, and of course the pile of rubbish for unattractive :)

Good catch up, some really interesting and different takes on the themes, I particularly like wet and oval.

some interesting and well thought out shots there. Some of the BGs are not great, including juxtaposition, which otherwise is a cracker.

Hi Ruth,
Quite a catch up...

Wet - Would also work for wk 16 I think. Your reflection I assume, I'm guessing the camera is portrait judging by the pose.
Juxtaposition - Bang on for the theme. I wonder if you could have gotten a deeper DoF so that the rear shoe was as sharp as the front. Though looking at the exif, I guess you were limited by the light, being at 1/60th and ISO 400 already.
Oval - I'm going to agree with the comments below, this one is the pick for me, great capture of the textures.
Straight - I *think* I would have preferred more DoF, keeping the shaker in sharp focus too Mrs Bond ;) The Martini itself is really sharp and the colours work well with the interesting marble background :)
Unattractive - Spot on for the theme. My only comment here is that the verticals aren't. I see you use CS6, there are a couple of tools in there that will help you to correct verticals.

Great catch up I like your juxtaposition It really stands out and works very well for the theme

Hi Ruth

Catching up on comments.
Wet is really different, a good idea but is not as good as it could be, the top of the image could be cropped a fair bit and the bits are a bit annoying.

Juxaposition Fancy shoes against pumps, that works, white sheet as background has creases showing in the shadow area.

Oval
I really like this one, nice and simple, cropping the brown down the right hand side would improve it.

Straight
It appears to be leaning over slightly to me, and the reflections. I take it you drank it down straight after the shoot.

Unattractive
Can't argue with that, as I had an unattractive angle to my unattractice Image I have to assume the slope is by design.

Pete

Back