• Week 46 - 15 Nov 18 - ?
  • Week 47 - 22 Nov 18 - ?
  • Week 48 - 29 Nov 18 - ?
  • Week 49 - 6 Dec 18 - ?
  • Week 50 - 13 Dec 18 - ?
  • Week 51 - 20 Dec 18 - ?
  • Week 52 - 27 Dec 18 - ?

Last edited:
Week 0 photo up before @Dark Knight got you on the spreadsheet! Impressive.
Interesting colours on the bricks, I wonder how they weathered like that.
Good strong subject, horizontals are horizontal :) and symmetrical in the frame.
Nice Pad :)

Week 0 photo up before @Dark Knight got you on the spreadsheet! Impressive.
Interesting colours on the bricks, I wonder how they weathered like that.
Good strong subject, horizontals are horizontal :) and symmetrical in the frame.
Nice Pad :)
The colours on the bricks are from the Christmas lights they where just turning on for the night show.

I was wondering about the blueish tint but that explains it. Strong architectural photo and a good start to the year.

Nice composition Ruth with a good symmetrical building caught square on, love the consideration of the crop with the bottom windows and Dorma's evenly spaced at the edges... good attention to detail for sure (y)

Oh, and welcome to the 52 I do hope you stay the course just to shut your dad up :whistle:

Welcome to the 52s Ruth. Nice shot and well composed. Those lights made a really odd colour on the brickwork. Good start and looking forward to see you eclipse the old man:D

The blue glow gives an interesting effect nicely centered too around a very unusual sundial

hi Ruth, the eerie purple doesn't sit with me, feels like fringing, but as i see a glow on the walls then i guess the Hall is trying to be decorative..

Hi Ruth and welcome

Good start, fits the frame well (use of perspective tool might make it fit better tho ;) ) and the lights add interest. (y)

The deep shade makes it difficult to focus on the gate Ruth, but I like the path leading the eye to it. The post box brightens up the image. Well done in difficult conditions.

:agree: ... and I'm wondering if a letterbox approach might work .... post box - gate - sign RHS (which is currently blurred out). o_O

Right on theme, and I like the bright red post box that adds a splash of colour into an otherwise muted picture!

Nice shot of the church, but for gate, sorry, the colours of the postbox and lovely church brickwork take your eye from the gate.
Tell you what though, convert to a high dynamic B&W and suddenly you've got a gothic looking shot without the distractions. Worth a play?

A but too dark for me, the camera appears to have exposed for the sky which has detail in it. A bit of fannying about in Lightroom would do wonders. I might have moved in on the gate with the contrasting post box on one side and the plaque on the other.

It is a lovely gate but agree that it blends into the background with the lovely church and the letter box taking the attention.

It breaks the 'rules'(1), but works well. Good use of DoF blurring out the background sufficiently but not too much, and some nice colours.

(1) Looking out of, not into, the frame.
(1) Yes, I know there are no rules.

Great use of DoF and well composed! I like it!

First one best Ruth, looks suitably bleak in B&W. Though the letterbox crop works well, might it have been more stark with more sky?
Don't blame you for not getting out of the car in that;)

First for me too - nice Stonehenge shot - are you sure you didn't have to clone out 500 Japanese tourists

Great shot of stonehenge, B&W conversion and format work well. And the cloning out of all the other people or not getting them in in the first place of course!

The second photo works less well, but we all like a rudie nudie shot...

I do like the stonehenge shot, very moody :)
I guess taking it at this time of year (and at 6pm, so it must have been dark) avoids the majority of tourists.
In the summer it would have to be done using averaging to remove the throngs.

Shouldn't #2 have had a NSFW spoiler? ;)
@Dave70D has been beaten at his own game.

Back