weekly Pyir's 52 for 2018 - Week 11-15 Catch Up

I do like the stonehenge shot, very moody :)
I guess taking it at this time of year (and at 6pm, so it must have been dark) avoids the majority of tourists.
In the summer it would have to be done using averaging to remove the throngs.

Shouldn't #2 have had a NSFW spoiler? ;)
@Dave70D has been beaten at his own game.

The wanderer has returned but vanished out again and asked me reply. I thought that was an odd time when I saw it - 18:05 was import to Lightroom time - Exif says 12:40 taken much lower down.

People - I like the shallow DoF and the composition lovely shot
Stark - I like the Stonehenge shot well done for getting it without people I like the letterbox crop

It can't have been much of a relationship because in what world is that a BIG tub of ice cream?

One less tissue perhaps as they take over a bit however a delightful interpretation of the theme.

Brilliantly staged - good 'over'

Love the idea behind over, and well executed!

Nice take on the theme, don't mind the tissues myself as others have said. If I was being picky i'd say the spoon handle position doesn't work for me but I don't really know why.

Love the image though :)

People is really well done, Ruth, with interesting subjects, muted tones and excellent use of shallow DOF.

Stark benefits from the B&W conversion, which accentuates the hard stones and cold atmosphere, and Over is an original take on the theme with good use and arrangement of props. I hope you treated yourself to some ice cream afterwards :)

good take on the theme and you have summed up it up nicely with that shot even teddy looks sad

It can't have been much of a relationship because in what world is that a BIG tub of ice cream?

One less tissue perhaps as they take over a bit however a delightful interpretation of the theme.
It's a big tub of ice cream for me on good old slimming world. After losing 8 stones. I agree with the tissues one less may of been better.

Nice take on the theme, don't mind the tissues myself as others have said. If I was being picky i'd say the spoon handle position doesn't work for me but I don't really know why.

Love the image though :)
I agree about the spoon handle I tried different places but this one worked best in the end could not work out what to do to the spoon to make it better.

Different, well done for putting it together. Hmmm ... maybe a little plastic spoon? but we don't always have these things to hand.

Nice shot Ruth - one for the frame on the mantlepiece

I am still catching up on the threads on here..

Gated, I find it a bit dark, the gate is not very obvious
People I really like, nice take on the theme
The Stonehenge shot works really well, nice work.
Age is a great shot, especially as you look very similar, apart from of course the age.
Over is a great take on the theme, though slightly cluttered,: as others have said, perhaps one less tissue?

Nice shot for age, very well done for a selfie :)

Doesn't look like a cat to be messes with!

Guarding his food or his domain

Nice

I like it a guard cat. Wonder why they never caught on.

Background is distracting.

Pete

Age(ing) - Nothing at all to crit it is a lovely shot of you and your mum.
Sharp - lovely bright colours, good idea for the theme.
Guard(ed) - nice shot of the cat, but its not really working for the theme for me sadly.

Great idea for sharp (although one could argue that the pencils are not very sharp :)), but for my taste the DoF is a bit too shallow...

Great cat photo, #1 works better for the theme "guard". Quite an imposing guard cat!

Back