weekly Rich's 52 of 2015 - Wk 14 'Alphabet' Added, back tracked to WK 11 and 12

Mouth.
What can I say.
How do you ever say no to that face? I mean, ever!

Hi Thy

Mouth....those eye's , they kill me.....she can have anything she wants :kiss::kiss: & although it's a staged image it actually looks like it's a perfectly normal thing for her to do :)

Vertical...Although the distortion is evident I kinda like the 2nd image , at the smaller size it looks quite sharp but viewing bigger on flikr show's it to be a little soft.Was this hand held or on a tripod ? If on a tripod did you have the VR turned off ?

Love the dog shot. Beautiful eyes. If I had to make a small comment, I think I might have shortened the flower stalk a bit, but just a tiny point about an otherwise lovely image.

That's a lovely photo. The colours are excellent and the vignette draws the eye to the subject.

Thanks for the comments, appreciate it. Any tips on resolving the disortion issue going forward? Thanks

Hi, some nice shots there dog shot is great I am impressed you got him to hold a flower mine would have ragged it and the coffee and doughnut is nice to a good composition (y)

Bold - I don’t usually like selective colour as I don’t feel they work and are a bit forced maybe like #2. That said there’s always exceptions to the rules and I do like #1 because of the straight on symmetrical approach and almost arty form.

Relax - Unlike selective colour I do like negative space images and this fits the bill. At first I thought the bottom of the cup was a little dark but after coming back to it I quite like that. It fits with the blackness of that negative space

Vertical - I’d plump for #2 of these. I’d have liked to have seen this in the blue hour but you’ve certainly done a good job on the exposure of the cathedral

Mouth - Now my springer has brought me all sorts of things in my mouth but never a rose (ok it’s not a rose but you know what I mean). The vignetting helps bring the eye to the entire of the image and into those eyes. Lovely shot.

Hey Rich
Vertical: initially I preferred the second one.......but there's something about the first one that keeps drawing me back to it. Don't know quite what - but it works!

Mouth: dog = win every time for me..... So cute!

Massively behind, not done week 11, 12, or 13, (have some photos but not sorted), and here is my week 14.

Here is a photo covering the subject of Alphabet and our new little baby girl.

Isabelle - Alphabet by ThyJones

Now, I know this is far from perfect (ie background) but in all honesty, I ran out of time, its possibly a reshoot in the future. Both myself and my wife liked the photo though so am still going to submit it even though I know i'm not 100% happy with it. I've also done it smaller, as to hide some of the imperfections, cheating you may say, but I know it's not bang on the mark, so hopefully that won't distract from the subject :)

I think that fits well within the theme TBH,
I'm only viewing on an uncalibrated lap top, but it looks like there is a bit of a magenta cast?
Maybe just my screen though.

I think that fits well within the theme TBH,
I'm only viewing on an uncalibrated lap top, but it looks like there is a bit of a magenta cast?
Maybe just my screen though.
I think youre right and i did think that last night,i may try and adjust it slightly, thanks for the comment though, appreciate it

Hi Thy,

You are off to a sound start! The Alphabet photo doesnt quite work for me though I'm afraid. The placement of the baby looks a bit too staged, maybe a softer light would help matters? I'd be interested to see you reshoot for this :)

Congratulations to you :clap::clap::clap: and welcome to Isabelle :wave:

Fits the theme and you already know what it's faults are but it is still an inspired idea and hats off to you for even finding the time to think about it (y)

First visit here. Some very good stuff in your thread. I like selective colouring so your BOLD images tick the right boxes for me.
Despite the colour cast I think ALPHABET is a lovely original shot and a great idea for the theme. Congrats.

Falling behind due to our new baby girl and being busy at work so just not getting time to get out there, trying to catch up now though.

Here is my Week 11 - Crowds photo

Crowd by ThyJones

Trying to be a little different here, but being brutally honest with this one, I had an idea in my head for a while and just couldn't pull off exactly what I wanted. Initially I had poppa smurf at the front leading the crowd as if he was addressing them, but it looked rubbish. I struggled on the lighting on this one (with some of the shadows, and the reflection off the plastic figures). If I had more time I think I could probably improve it though.

Another catch up, from week 12 - Close Up

I tried doing a few things, close ups of screws, pencils etc, but just wasn't happy with them, in the end struggling for ideas, I found this in the loft and thought of a different take for close up - being the function of close up instead of the actually close up. I was looking for an effect which I think pulled off, not sure if it will be to everyone's taste as its a little basic, but I liked something about it in the end.

Close Up by ThyJones

Welcome back Richard :)

Now they are a couple of lovely images to catch up with...

Machine - Real nice detail and well lit too, brings out some lovely colours :)

Heat - A popular choice for the theme, and well delivered, a great shine on the chillie, a good dark background and the flame fits in very realistically - nice one (y)

Hi Richard. Welcome back - quite a break there so should be ready and raring I hope. Two great images to mark your return. I like Machine in particular because of the abstract nature of it and the detail. Heat is a fun one and a really good interpretation on the theme. :clap:

Back