Rob's TP52 2016 edition - Week 9 & 10, TLW & Spiky added

Can only echo what's already been said, congratulations and good luck

Great topical image really like that. Great theme and loving the bright soft light. Very good indeed.

Gaz

Super shot and idea for the Topical theme, nicely framed and sharp too.

Captive - love the interpretation and local to me (im in Northwich!)

Happy - spot on - true happiness and laughter - bet you had a great time I had my stag do with 13 others on a narrow boat ........... although slightly blurred / OOF i prefer the first one :)

Abandoned - really nice capture and love the composition of the steps up to the open doorway and the hills behind - well done :)

Camo - nice snap !

Dangerous - good capture of what can be a dangerous sport - well taken, nice and sharp :)

Topical - Wonderful and congratulations - a really nice composed and taken image also :D

Camouflage - certainly fits the theme
Dangerous - Well I would not want to be in the middle of that so it certainly fits the theme and is a good image..
Topical - nice personal take on the theme good shot.

Thank you everyone for your feedback :) I must apologise for the lack of time spend encouraging everyone else in return (I will in due course I promise!), Life & work are both as hectic as ever. I'm still trying my best to continue this years 52.

Week 9 - The Living World

My Nain (that's the welsh word for Grandmother) turned 100 in August last year. Despite not taking this photo within the week it was the subject, it was the immediate thing that popped into my head. As it was such a special day (we had 4 generations of one family in one room!) I thought I'd use it for this week's theme...

Week-9-The-Living-World by Robert Evans, on Flickr

Week 10 - Spiky

I found this little critter in the garden. He was quite well camouflaged as well as being quite vibrant too. After I got the macro lens out I discovered he was covered in spikes! Yikes!!

Week-10-Spiky by Robert Evans, on Flickr

Hi Rob. What an amazing lady and what a milestone to have achieved. Definitely a good one for The Living World and a great image to be treasured. Like the composition but particularly like the mini-firework display. :clap: As for Spiky - good find and certainly spot on for the theme.

Living world - Great portrait of your Nain and lovely back story
Spiky - nice vibrant colours and good find for the theme great micro shot

Living world lovely moment and we'll captured spot on for theme.

Spiky lovely image nice colours! Makes me want a macro!

Adam

Rob, perfect image for the living world theme, and Spiky cracking image, spot on for the theme, good lighting and DoF.

Hi Rob.
Living World - No one is going to mind an archive shot for something that happens once every 100 years. Your Nan looks very well on it to. A gtreat shot to keep and treasure.
Spiky - Surely that should be hidden under a spoiler... How big was that blighter IRL? I wouldn't want to come across it at that size!
Great vibrant colours there and nicely blurred background.

Thats a lovely portrait of your Nain Rob :)
The arachnid certainly is spiky, well captured (y)

Rob your picture of your Main is so fitting....and made me "awwwww" out loud.
What a great occasion.

Spiky.....another fab image.
So close!!

Fabulous image of Granny lots to like there for some reason i liked the fact her slippers are quite similiar to the chair :)

Spiky thats just fab wouldnt mind a macro lens myself this is great loving the colours.

Gaz

Hi Rob, that's a belter of Nancy - she looks fairly relaxed with it all going on around her too, so well done that lady! A great capture of that firework as well :)

Spiky is solid - I struggle with macro a fair bit and yours looks pretty accomplished. Not sure if it would be possible to squeeze any more DOF out at all to get more of the spikes perhaps on its back in focus, but well lit and some nice colours going on to boot. My only crit would be it's a MUCH stronger image for me, flipped 90 degrees anti-clockwise!!

Spiky, nice one Rob, right up my street coming from the natural world, as above flipping it a little may improve it

Two fantastic shots, Rob - your Nain looks completely chilled to have reached such a milestone - it must have been an incredible day for you all. Love your spider macro, too - fantastic colours - I can't wait until there are more beasties out in the garden to have a play!

Nice Nain ... congratulations. :clap:

wooo ... hairy spider, nice work. (y)

Living World - Very nice image that fits the theme perfectly love the sparks of the flame

Spiky - Lovely Macro image Nice and sharp and great DOF

Back