Monthly rpn's 2013-12 E.T.C. Challenge - December 12.4 Writings on Photo Added

Hi, you've provided your own crit for scale, and I'd agree. Always good things out and learn.

IBTL, steel truss, quite a graphic feel to is one and I quite like it. Think I'd prefer more symmetry.

IBTL, Tree, cracker, soon as I saw it I liked it. Look slightly over exposed which really works for me. I like the central composition and the dreamy feel. I'd like a tad more movement in the wheat (?).

Good show and contrast for finishing the month in a high.

Cheers.

Eeeek, that's mental.

Not an easy one this...and you left the glasses on :clap:

Looks good to me, nice texture and well processed.

Just realised, it's coffee beans :bonk:

Just a few areas around the chin need a little touch up, especially over the skirt.

Good show.

Cheers.

Andy, agree with most of your points. I thought the shirt looks ok :thinking: The chin, eyes/glasses I'm not happy about. The guy is an Italian chef/owner of a small cafe.

Hi, Stan, the shirt is fine, just where the chin goes over it, IYSWIM?

Jigsaw, good show.

Enjoy your holiday (y)

Cheers.

Hi Stan.

Texture yes, technically well done, though it's far from attractive! If anything, I think the texture could have been a little more subtle?

Jigsaw, spot on technically, though the two pieces on top aren't 100% convincing. The only thing I'd say is it's a bit "safe" maybe? Does the trick, but not very adventurous.

Shadows I agree, it's taken on the moon, and looks good as a result! Nice composition, and good that you can't see the camera :)

My favourite album of all time and must have listened to it thousands of times. Bought the first copy (LP) back in 1973 when I was a student in Wolverhampton Polytechnic. Since then I have it in all formats; 8-track (yes, some of you would remember! ;) :LOL: ), cassette, CD and now mp3. My son got the vinyl now, with the posters (from the orignal release first pressing) and apparently worth a few hundred pounds!

10.2 - CD/Album Cover - Dark Side of The Moon (Pink Floyd)

Hi, it is quiet here, isn't it :thinking:

OK, film poster, :LOL: well processed with good colours. I'd like to see a title and some more film poster related text.

Dark Side of the Moon, again well processed and good use of props, but as above I'd like supporting text.

CD cover, at the risk of sounding repetitive all the above really.

Overall, good ideas and well executed...just needs supporting text IMO.

Cheers.

Being a bit hard on yourself IMO (y)

Decent attempt there. I like the BG and how Mr Lego pops out.

Just cant make my mind up about the faded black font.

Cheers.

Stan Wars :D. Nice one. Well composed, good detail. I or crit would be the Darth heads....I'd like them in line with the text.

Magazine cover, loads of detail and it's well laid out. The red text really pops.

Cracking month for you :clap:

Just one more for me :thinking:

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi Stan :)

American Beauty I like a lot. I don't normally like these lego figure shots, but that one works very well.

Floyd album cover, yes, superb album, and a very well executed re-creation of the cover :). A square crop, like a proper album cover, would have made it perfect.

Dido cover, well executed, but I'm not so keen, probably just because of my aversion to lego shots (and unfamiliarity with the album).

Flyer is good. I don't think the faded and rather business-like font works too well, but it's well laid out and does the trick :)

Stan Wars, what can I say?! Brilliant!

Magazine cover yes, it works, and the car shot is good, but I think the smaller shots are too faded to work really well.

Good work!!!!

Another sunset shot. A bit of HDR processing involved here trying to balance the dark moody sky with the brighter foreground. I know its not everyone's cup-a-tea. I only have the camera and tripod with me at the time, left the filter set at home! Some of you may recongnise the loaction, yes its the same as the Jigsaw shot

11.2 Sunset 2

Hi Stan :)

I'm not overly keen on either of your sunsets I'm afraid. They're well taken, but the first one looks a little washed out to me (not really your fault; the sky was weak I think), while the HDR on the second one is a bit overdone for me. That said, the imposing sky is quite striking.

However, I really like your phone shots, especially the tree, which is very well composed :)

I like your first film poster i like the colours and the use of what looks like hole puch holes?,

I think your RC car World cover is the best of your graphic design pieces.

I like the composition of 11.2 sunset 2, It might be my screen but I'd like to see the buildings a little sharper. I like the orange colours in the distance, I cant make my mind up on the stormy clouds it is kinda moody.

Your pac fruit made me lol I like it.

I like your light rays shot. Technically it could do with a little more detail in the shadows, and a less burned our sky, but that's what you get with mobiles, so not crit you could do anything about.

Creative still life, brilliant! Maybe needs slightly more light on the fruit, but great concept well executed :)

Back