weekly rpn's 2020 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 DECORATIONS Added ***COMPLETE***

Not sure this quite qualifies for this week's theme but it could well be camouflaged when in operation. One of the thousands of pillboxes dotted around the country and along the coastline as the first line of defense against invasion during the second world war.

Week 33 Camouflage

Camouflage by Stan, on Flickr

Works for the thread for me, I wonder if the one near us is still about.... Hmmm...
Handy to have something like this local enough :)

Cheers, Tim. Apparently there were 2,800 pillboxes constructed during the war and over a thousand still about over the country.

And here's a view from the top of the sandbank.

Pillbox by Stan, on Flickr

Works for me Stan (y) It blends in with the surrounding colours quite nicely.

And stay safe (y)

Reactions: rpn
I like it and think it works well for the camo theme too.

Works for me Stan (y) It blends in with the surrounding colours quite nicely.

And stay safe (y)

Thanks, Dave & Chris. Looks very likely of another week of lockdown for us. :mad:

QSc4mCE.jpg

Nice shot Stan. Lots of those around the Suffolk coast in various states of disrepair. Fits right in with the theme.

Hi Stan,

It is nearly camoflagued by the sand. Not sure how it would have worked if needed, must be plenty of coast not covered by the pill boxes.

Pete

Both Camouflage and Tiny work well - hope the lockdown works so it can ease soon.

Tiny
After a little bit of searching, I found him/her. It was well spotted, not something I would have considered for the theme if I'd seen it. But you had the vision and got the shot.

Tiny
After a little bit of searching, I found him/her. It was well spotted, not something I would have considered for the theme if I'd seen it. But you had the vision and got the shot.

Thanks, Dominic. The clue is in Post 940.

Tiny people all over too with the jogger, like the one sitting on the bench far left.

Cheers, Dave. Everythings are tiny in that image, the cars even the supply boats.

I like your take on the theme Stan and it's one of those shots you can look at for a while and see different things.

That is indeed tiny, great spot. :)

Nice post :D

Snappers choice
Good colours. It's a simple post, but the lichen does add a little texture and contrast.

Back