weekly rpn's 52 Photo Challenge 2023 - Week 52 SHOWCASE Added and Complete

Clever to spot that, No local rugby pitches near me so not sure if I would have spotted it .

Thanks, Pete. So happen the park is near the hall of residents for the students.

Both good shots Stan, I think that you chose the right one for the main thread.

Cheers, Bill.

Yep - very well shot!

Reactions: rpn
Nice and simple, square crop works well. Colours of the red and green spice are a little muted, I don't know if a bit more light would have made them pop? Or if that's the colour they are?
Like the composition with the diagonal arrangement and the grain of the surface.

Nice set up and not as easy as you say I agree with graham above a bit more light on the herbs especially the red and green would add a little bit more to it

Nice and simple, square crop works well. Colours of the red and green spice are a little muted, I don't know if a bit more light would have made them pop? Or if that's the colour they are?
Like the composition with the diagonal arrangement and the grain of the surface.

Thanks, Graham. The setup was lit by natural light by the window with a couple of homemade reflectors to balance the darker shades. the colours of the spices are more or less as they are.

Nice set up and not as easy as you say I agree with graham above a bit more light on the herbs especially the red and green would add a little bit more to it

Thanks, Allan. Agree that it's not as easy as it looks especially for overhead setup shots. In my case I've to mount the camera 'up-side down' on the tripod as it doesn't have that facility to turn the arm through 90˚.

I like both of your Broken shots, but your chosen one has more impact. Good work!

Stan, there's little point (no pun intended) posting two, when the first is that good!

Broken - can't fault it at all. Excellent!

Definitely the pencil shot for me too. It creates quite a dramatic image.

After chewing over two completely different shots this week, I decided on this set-up shot. Although the other one also fits the current technique, there's still time yet.

Week 09 Broken

Broken by Stan, on Flickr
Great choice for the theme Stan. Great idea and well executed.

Good angle and as others say, good impact.
I hope you have a pencil sharpener.

Really like both images Stan, but especially like the one you've chosen. Very creative, well composed, and the colours just pop.

The pencil shot is excellent I really wish I'd have thought of it.

I can only agree with all that’s been said above. The pencil shot is a great idea and the colours and composition are spot on (y)

After chewing over two completely different shots this week, I decided on this set-up shot. Although the other one also fits the current technique, there's still time yet.

Week 09 Broken

Broken by Stan, on Flickr

Like the simplicity of this. The image has impact.

Great idea for broken, nicely executed.

Struggle a bit for ideas this week and ended up with this slight shoe-horn shot. Some of you might get it already but this is an old tech 35mm SLR camera AKA FULL frame format.
btw, taken with a full-frame DSLR; Nikon D800 which is another old technology toy. :D

Week 10 FULL (frame)

Full Frame Camera by Stan, on Flickr

Not a shoe-horn at all! Very well executed, and a great Black and White shot. Just the right amount of DOF to have most all of it super sharp, but just falling out at the back.

I got it. Nice pic :)

Back