Samuelslade007 Photo24... Out of Context yet again...

9pm to 10pm

" There are rivets involved, so people get confused "

26027619196_dbe46bfb00_c.jpg

Excellent SS .....I thought you were joking when you first mentioned it, so very well done to you for sticking with it, some very imaginative shots there :) narrative was great too :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks susie. .. does this mean u will consider it for the half year point? Btw...diet goes out the window as I drank so much tea and ate crap to give sugar spikes ... didn't really sit down as I was nodding off where I sat...

.... still thinking a 36 would be good next time...it's only 12 more .. 12 more hrs... half a day........yeah...?? Sounds a good idea...

...and btw.... I never joke about a 24 ... (y)

Excellent stuff Sammy, I still say your mad, ne' totally barking TBH.
But well done for getting through it and staying awake
Sterling effort (y)

Excellent stuff Sammy, I still say your mad, ne' totally barking TBH.
But well done for getting through it and staying awake
Sterling effort (y)

cheers Mr le-Bra ... i had to throw the snakes in there at the end, just for you ;) ... but u knew that...

Absolutely certifiable... Some great shots there SS007, I have no idea how you imagine these in order to doyour 24 (I struggle to do 1 a week!)

cheers Tim... perhaps some insight is in order?

...1. i'm prepared nee .. i preparE ........in so much that i use quotes... i use themes... i use tv show titles..but these change throughout the day as i see and think ahead..
2. i've already got in mind what i want to captured for each hour.....but that's where the fun begins, because then as you start to shoot that hour's shot, the shot evolves, things don't work, it now looks rubbish.....so be prepared to change, and changed quickly...as processing takes time in some cases..
3. processing techniques... vary them... use them.. use them to add something more..i'm still on photoshop cs4 so a bit behind with all the gadgets CC brings im told..but tbh..you don't have time..
4. lighting... early in the morning, late in the evening you have little natural light so u need to use what you have or you shoot outside on a tripod? but again... time... u don't have much..
5. outside... i liked to include some.. the phonebox was a good one BUT not the one i wanted, as i found out that one was too far away..nice red old style one..
6. have fun..
7. perspective? go for those low down, high up, off centre, central shots... its a time to be so creative..to push boundaries sometimes.. because you don't have time
8. don't sit down..... i fall asleep if i do.. and i did..once yesterday... for maybe 20 mins...no'one to wake me up..
9. space... my dining room is a mess...my work (office) area....a mess... i didnt have time to clear up...
10. props..... shop bought things like food is a good start... ebay over the years... the snakes are due for another project i have in mind ...
11. set up... if something needs a background etc... use the spare time to set up the area.. the cookies were already on the table for that shot waiting, i just had to use will power not to eat them...but the photos didnt come til the right hour..and even then i was moving the stack around, moving up, down, left..maybe right... to see where the horizon fell right...did it? who knows..

not all photos worked how i wanted them to... i am in most cases a perfectionist...but a 24 says to hell with that...and sometimes it works better that way..

...everyone should try one... u find what works for you... try new things.. see how stale you are in areas and forces you to dig deeper inside....or be stronger for your NEXT one......

what was that ?? ...my fifth attempt.... fourth completed as i know i failed one....got to 4am and sat down.... just think... 1 a week... i done half a year's worth nearly...

Absolutely bonkers.....and brilliant!
If this is the result of a day without meds, I might give it a go :LOL: ;)
:clap::clap::clap:

Absolutely bonkers.....and brilliant!
If this is the result of a day without meds, I might give it a go :LOL: ;)
:clap::clap::clap:

It's like a skydive...just wiggle to edge....and let ur self go....ur in free fall for a few hours....then reality sets in.... time slipping away... u nod off but pull the cord in time..... and gently come to rest at the 24th hour tucked up in bed..

Thanks susie. .. does this mean u will consider it for the half year point

Consider ....yes ....commit no .....but I do like challenges so it's a definite maybe. I don't know if I would approach it the same way as yourself though .....I think mine would be more spur of the minute thoughts, although I did like your quotes and I am very much a quote person ......looks like I'm thinking about it already :thinking:

Consider ....yes ....commit no .....but I do like challenges so it's a definite maybe. I don't know if I would approach it the same way as yourself though .....I think mine would be more spur of the minute thoughts, although I did like your quotes and I am very much a quote person ......looks like I'm thinking about it already :thinking:

It's all about having fun...... one 24 I did TV shows....totally spur of the moment hour by hour...didn't know what was coming next nor even the clue going with the shot... that was excitement for me I guess....but then again..my photos need meaning for me :( ..... I struggle taking photos now......

Back