weekly *sarah* TP52 2014 step and nature added

*Sarah*

Peel Me!
Name
Sarah
Edit My Images
Yes
Well after a big push from Peter (Delta Skies) I have taken the plunge and decided to take part this year after having a year off. I feel my photography has gone a bit rusty since 2012 52 and hope to get it back up to a standard that I'm happy with!

Here's my first week - Odd!

Last week we were away in our caravan and I tried a few ideas I had but wasn't happy with them. Since the summer I have been knitting non stop making Christmas presents and have decided now is the time to make something for myself - I am knitting a jacket and I need to increase stitches on alternate rows which happen to be odd numbered rows! So last weeks entry (I'm late already!!) is a close up of my knitting showing my row counter. I have an idea for this week but if I run out of time I have a standby that I took yesterday!

Odd row!
by *sarah*., on Flickr

Seems like there are a few of us coming back this year :)

Hi, Sarah, on theme, Nice textures and the close up works well. Little close to the bottom and if the thingymabob has an end, it's like to see it in the frame.

Cheers and welcome back.

Hi, Sarah, on theme, Nice textures and the close up works well. Little close to the bottom and if the thingymabob has an end, it's like to see it in the frame.

Cheers and welcome back.

Thanks Andy, it's good to be back! (I think!!:))
I wasn't too sure about the crop either but there is a lot of oof knitting in the foreground that I felt was distracting. The "thingymabob" is a circular needle thats about 24" so wouldn't be able to fit all on and still see the counter. Maybe if I reshoot I could use "normal" needles and might be able to fit it on then!:)

The wool looks beautiful - must get back to knitting again soon - nice use of DOF

Hi Sarah, good to see you back,
Nicely composed, exposed and perfect for the theme the needle and counter really stand out against the darker wool
look forward to seeing the rest

Great colours and the composition works well.

Hey You... good to see you back in :wave:

Odd - That's a very nice macro Sarah, a nice shallow DoF but deep enough for the numbers, lighting is good and also like the sparkly bits... can I order a hat so I can take my Santa one off :D

Thank you, I'll make you a hat so long as it fits into one of the weekly themes!!:)

Knitting!! That's all Sarah does.....that and buying wool :D

I like this one. Some nice colours and good use of the diagonal.

Thank you Peter!

I've run out of time this week to shoot the pic I had in mind so will have to leave it for a reshoot and enter my standby one instead. I took this last weekend in dull light and will probably revisit the area again in better light.
This weeks entry

Line

_DSC1361a
by *sarah*., on Flickr

I must apologise for not getting round to all your threads but I will try to visit you all in the couple of days!:)

HI Sarah, thats really good ,nice B+W, good tones and texture, and nicely composed can't fault it :clap:

Liking the idea, the B&W conversion fits well, probably no choice with the sky as it was!

Love the wine glasses in your avatar BTW. (y)

Hi Sarah :wave:
As soon as i saw that avatar I knew who was back:) Altho I don't know what 'Peel Me' means :thinking:

Odd - lovely colours and sharp where it needs to be. Good detail
Line - agree that the b&w necessary cos of the light and the sky. Also like the way that you have captured the camber and curve in the path

That works for me. Conversion works well and the DOF really emphasises the line. Crit, I'd prefer the camera over the centre of the track.

Nearly week 2 :)

Cheers.

I like that - really suits the mono conversion amd another shot that leaves me wondering what's around the bend?

Looks like a good spot to revisit through the seasons (y)

Really like all these converging lines, with the V shape in the gap between the trees echoing the track. Excellent b/ w conversion and exposure. What a great start to your 52!

The mono conversion has been done well. I'd agree about being more central but I know you were worried that I'd run you over with the car if I thought you were getting a better picture :exit:

Hi Sarah & welcome back to the funhouse :wave:...loving your avatar btw :)

Odd....yup , well focused , plenty of detail * like the use of the diagonal

Line....looks like quite some camber on that road , mono works well , lots of converging lines & another who's wanting to know what's round the corner (y)

It hasn't been the best of weather at all in the uk lately has it :(

But you got a shot in, and the lines of the tree lined track lead in the shot nicely, the wet foreground shine is nice too :)

Thank you Dean, it's difficult to get away from wet foregrounds at the moment!
I agree with Dark Knights comments really good shot.

Thanks Mandy!
HI Sarah, thats really good ,nice B+W, good tones and texture, and nicely composed can't fault it :clap:

Thanks Allan!

Liking the idea, the B&W conversion fits well, probably no choice with the sky as it was!

Love the wine glasses in your avatar BTW. (y)
Thank you Graham, I took the wine glass shot for my 2012 52 - the theme was straight!
Hi Sarah :wave:
As soon as i saw that avatar I knew who was back:) Altho I don't know what 'Peel Me' means :thinking:

Odd - lovely colours and sharp where it needs to be. Good detail
Line - agree that the b&w necessary cos of the light and the sky. Also like the way that you have captured the camber and curve in the path
Thank you Alan,
The 'peel me' came about because Peter made some comment on a thread to a mod about me being bananas! and 'peel me' appeared - i quite like and really should take a banana shot for my avatar to go with it!

I like that - really suits the mono conversion amd another shot that leaves me wondering what's around the bend?

Looks like a good spot to revisit through the seasons (y)
Thank you Sarah,
We drove up the road and just around the corner is a farm and a large gate which leads to another house with fantastic views over the Yorkshire landscape!
HI
Love the 'odd' shot
good lead in lines and B/W for 'line'
Thank you Anita!

The mono conversion has been done well. I'd agree about being more central but I know you were worried that I'd run you over with the car if I thought you were getting a better picture :exit:
Thank you Peter and thank you for driving up there for your shot which allowed me to get mine!!:)
good to see the competitive edge (y)
Us competitive - I don't know what you mean!!;):)

Back