weekly Shiny Side Up's 52

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Intentionally left blank

Last edited:
View attachment 3364

It's not good exposure or that much to do with linear but I've only just joined the forum and the 52 challenge in particular and don't want to get behind so it's an opener and I can put more into subsequent weeks (I hope).

Hi Martin & welcome to the nutty corner of the forum.... :clap:

You have a good few lines in there....power lines , lines of color in the rainbow so it's on theme for me . Done well the exposure too....good start to your challenge mister & look forward to seeing more from you (y)

ps.....don't forget to post you pic in the Pic only thread with a link to here....your thread may get lost as some won't know your posting :)

A good start - how lucky to catch the rainbow to add contrast :)

a little editing and cropping of the grass would really set this off

good start ans good luck with the rest

Got to agree with this, loose some of the foreground and this could well be there

On theme, in my eyes.

Plenty of lines and well spotted/composed.

Crit, yeah, the small weed thing draws my eye a but. Just seems to lack a little punch in the overall colours.

Nonetheless, week 1 in the bag.

Cheers.

I'm not sure of the rules but presumably once I've posted the picture that's it. So I can take on board the crits for use next time but not alter this one? I'm not going to but just trying to clarify.

I'm not sure of the rules but presumably once I've posted the picture that's it. So I can take on board the crits for use next time but not alter this one? I'm not going to but just trying to clarify.
Edit and repost as many times as you wish Martian, also can post more than one photo on theme.

Hi, good solid start, agree about losing a little of the fore ground
good luck for the weeks ahead

I like the contrast between the arc of the rainbow and the wires. Perhaps a tighter crop to focus on the contrast a bit more?

Good start to the year!

An excellent spot with the power lines and rainbow. The rainbow colours are little washed out but there probably isn't too much you could do about that.

Thanks for your inputs; I agree with them all.

I've decided not to edit it the picture and re-post so I can see how I do through the year and if there is improvement.

I like it Martin (y) right place, right time, well done :)

I also feel it could befit from a crop, down left up to the wire and bottom to get rid of the long grass :)

Hi
Think everyone has said it all. well done on first shot including rainbow.
I've edited some of mine in the past after suggestions from others. you still keep the original on here for future reference but I've learnt from trying out different ideas from people.

Here is my attempt at Play for week 2. It is a tenor saxophone neck and mouthpiece on top of a monitor on which is the treble clef. The note is E and is the note that a saxophone neck and mouthpiece will play when not connected to a saxophone. The E is concert E not saxophone E (the saxophone is a transposing instrument -- don't ask).

Week2Play
by gorgon703, on Flickr

Nice idea - the mouthpiece looks a bit out of focus to me - I think I'd have tried shutting it down a touch of focussing on the mouthpiece instead.

Lovely idea - the mouthbit flows really nicely from the note thing!

Bit more top and bottom would have been nice to avoid cropping the clef.

I really like the idea and the set up, I agree about cropping the clef - for me it would be better with no cropping or more aggressive cropping so that it did not look like a mistake. I would not have known that the note was E but it fits the composition perfectly.

Very clever, agree about the clef crop, don't know what more to say.

As Graham mention above, I noticed the cropped off top and bottom, but apart from that, very nice (y)

Lovely idea - the mouthbit flows really nicely from the note thing!

Bit more top and bottom would have been nice to avoid cropping the clef.
Just what I thought Graham...

A really nice image though, the slight oof doesn't bother me at all - nice one :)

Shame, I deliberately left the top and bottom off the clef sign so as to try to focus attention on the saxophone neck and the big 'E' note. Ah well, that didn't work. Still, it's all grist to the mill and after only two weeks I'm learning a lot about what makes a photograph.

I like your take, very creative. Minor crits: would have preferred all of the mouthpiece bit in focus and no clipping of the clef. Good stuff though!

Back