Daily Slimbert's 2012 - 366 - Day 117 Added

I have to say I'm loving snow drunk, today's also works really well :clap:

Matt

Snow Drunk is superb - don;t you just love dogs like that :clap:

To Daddy, brings fond memories - Cherish that mate :)

Thanks, Gents!! (y) Purdy is still looking out of the catflap waiting for more snow to fall.....I think a bout of dog depression might be on the way!! :p

Day 38.....

My wife is slightly (read massively) obsessed with Cola.....either Pepsi or Coke will do, however for the last year or so, she's stuck with the sugar free variety!! (y) I'm quite partial to a fizzy drink myself, but I definitely prefer the fruity ones.....:D

Day 38: "Busy With The Fizzy"

Day 38: Busy With The Fizzy by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Day 38.....

My wife is slightly (read massively) obsessed with Cola.....either Pepsi or Coke will do, however for the last year or so, she's stuck with the sugar free variety!! (y) I'm quite partial to a fizzy drink myself, but I definitely prefer the fruity ones.....:D

Day 38: "Busy With The Fizzy"

Day 38: Busy With The Fizzy by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Nice! I see sugar free/diet gets into at least some of your shopping! :D

Day 39.....

With the pain in my knee refusing to bugger off, it was back to the doctors to get some more lovely pain killers.....as wonderful as they they were at taking the pain away, they'd been making me feel a bit sick at times, so I was given some different ones to try!! ;)

Day 39: "Pain Relief"

Day 39: Pain Relief by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 40.....

My brother came down from Leeds today as we haven't seen him in well over a year.....and with him, was a present from my Mum!!

In an attempt to make sure my wife is looking after me properly due to my knee injury, my Mum has bought me one of these.....:LOL:

The Mrs is already bored of it!! :D

Day 40: "Ding Ding Ding"

Day 40: Ding Ding Ding by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Agree I love the simplicity of the bell :clap: as to the 39, they're not hardcore enough I have a couple of boxes of 30/500 although a certain TPer did give me a tramadol once when I had tooth ache, it didn't get rid of the pain but I didn't care about the pain any more :naughty: now get that knee sorted (y) I've given Lynton a lesson in burning stuff now I want to see Norfolk ablaze (y)

Matt

Agree I love the simplicity of the bell :clap: as to the 39, they're not hardcore enough I have a couple of boxes of 30/500 although a certain TPer did give me a tramadol once when I had tooth ache, it didn't get rid of the pain but I didn't care about the pain any more :naughty: now get that knee sorted (y) I've given Lynton a lesson in burning stuff now I want to see Norfolk ablaze (y)

Matt

The only thing worth burning in Norfolk is Great Yarmouth to be honest.....and you'd be doing everyone a favour in my opinion if you did so!! :LOL: I'm sure that now Lynton has had a lesson in wire wool spinning, he'll be setting fire to everything within a 50 mile radius that isn't made of asbestos!! :D

Day 41.....

I've got my brother here at the moment, visiting from Leeds.....and as is the law in such situations, we're boozing like there's no tomorrow!! :D

However, I do need something for my 366, so I thought I'd give a lens a try I currently have on loan from a good friend, TP's own tappilappi.....a Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6!! It's a nice piece of kit, but wide open at 12mm without my usual "IS", it's not the sharpest of lenses!! :p

So here's my brother, looking rather distorted due to the extra wide angle, but equally as ugly as he normally is!! :LOL:

Day 41: "He Aint Heavy, He's My Brother"

Day 41: He Aint Heavy, He's My Brother by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Nice and direct portrait. I'd have been tempted to push the clarity up a bit so the texture of skin and detail of eyes are heightened to balance out the motion blur on the chin so that the eyes pop a bit more (not explained very well, but I know what I mean) but it's definitely captured something.

Thanks, Tony!! (y) The clarity slider is already quite a way to the right, but I know exactly what you mean.....tbh, I was more than a little bit tipsy when I took this, so I'm blaming all the errors (of which there's many!) on the Bacardi!! :p

Day 42.....

We went round to my in-laws last night for dinner, and to cut a long story short, we all ate too much and all became a little bit sleepy!! :baby:

Here's one of my eldest daughter, watching Casualty.....strangely, surrounded by Christmas Crackers!!! :shrug:

Day 42: "Stuffed And Sleepy"

Day 42: Stuffed and Sleepy by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Day 43.....

I had every intention of doing absolutely nothing today.....but the farm animals needed feeding, so I had to get my cook on!! With an extra mouth to feed in the shape of my visiting brother, and not a great deal of food in the fridge, I had to rely on an old favourite.....spaghetti bolognese!! :D

Day 43: "An Old Favourite"

Day 43: An Old Favourite by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Lovely B&W of Lexi.... odd choice of footwear though, however I guess a 7 yr old girl thinks "It's cool"

I saw that one of your eldest on facebook earlier and thought it was great (y) it's good to see your challenge still going so well (y) I'm sure we can arrange the destruction of GY at some point it may take a few spins :naughty: but it can be done :LOL: :LOL:

Matt

I saw that one of your eldest on facebook earlier and thought it was great (y) it's good to see your challenge still going so well (y) I'm sure we can arrange the destruction of GY at some point it may take a few spins :naughty: but it can be done :LOL: :LOL:

Matt

No point trying to destroy Great Yarmouth.....somebody has definitely beaten you to it!! :puke:

Day 44.....

My 3 years is up with my current car, so it's time to get a new one!! :D Being the adventurous type that I am, I've gone for exactly the same car I've already got.....except the new one is a 3 door, rather than a 5 door!! :LOL:

Day 44: "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It"

Day 44: If It Ain't Broke, Don't Try And Fix It by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

OOooo going for 'Stealthy' Black are you

Actually it's not Panther Black like my current one, the new colour is called "Midnight Sky".....which means I'll be dark and mysterious.....according to the brochure, women will want to be with me and men will want to be me*!!! :cautious:

*that might be a complete and utter lie!!

Day 45.....

My eldest has been pestering to play "Simpsons Monopoly" for days, and today me and her mum gave in!! :shake:

It took me at least an hour to explain the rules to her, and at least the same amount of time to get it in to her head that she mustn't keep knocking the table, and probably the same again just to explain that she doesn't need to roll the dice like she an olympic shot-putter!! :bonk:

Sadly, bedtime stopped play, and the board was put to one side ready to be resumed tomorrow.....which I'm not looking forward to, because as it stands at the moment, she's trouncing us!!!! :eek:

Day 45: "Property Tycoon"

Day 45: Property Tycoon by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

ooh lexi's houses on "burns manor" (Mayfair)........... you sir are f***ed! and she will keep going to fleece you for every last penny...

As for the choice of car............ "midnight blue"... only things you see in blue at midnight in naaaaaardge have bright jackets and truncheons

Actually it's not Panther Black like my current one, the new colour is called "Midnight Sky".....which means I'll be dark and mysterious.....according to the brochure, women will want to be with me and men will want to be me*!!! :cautious:

*that might be a complete and utter lie!!
It comes with free delusional tabs does it :LOL:

ooh lexi's houses on "burns manor" (Mayfair)........... you sir are f***ed! and she will keep going to fleece you for every last penny...

As for the choice of car............ "midnight blue"... only things you see in blue at midnight in naaaaaardge have bright jackets and truncheons

The "Blues" are mine.....it's the only hope I have of beating her, but she's very skilled at missing them!! :bang:

It comes with free delusional tabs does it :LOL:

:LOL:

I don't know what you're talking about!!!! :p

Time for a bit of a catch-up!!

Day 46.....

I'd almost forgotton to take a photo at all for day 46.....with time running out and me being tucked up in bed, all I could do was take a photo of what was right infront of me......my TV!! :D

I was watching some old episodes of one of my favourite programs, the hilarious "Trailer Park Boys".....a Canadian sit-com based in Sunnyvale Trailer Park. It was shown on Sky (I forget which channel) in the UK, and became an instant cult classic!! Sadly, after 7 full series, 2 feature films and a handfull of specials/documentaries, the show finished in 2009!! :crying:

The show is well known for its "to the point" episode titles, many of which I can't share here, but here's Episode 2 of Season 7.....

Day 46: ""I Banged Lucy and Knocked Her Up... No Big Deal"

Day 46: I Banged Lucy and Knocked Her Up... No Big Deal by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 47.....

The girls were at home all week due to it being half term, and with me being laid up resting my knee all the time, they were going stir crazy by Thursday!!

I decided it was about time to get out of the house so we got in the car, for a morning at the park......that way, I could sit on a bench, while they could run around getting rid of a weeks worth of energy!!

On the way there, we stopped at McDonalds for a pancakes and syrup breakfast....:love:

Day 47: "Stir Crazy"

Day 47: Stir Crazy by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

I feel sad to say Simpson's or any other I've never played monopoly at the age of 26 I feel that I maybe missing something :crying: nice picture (y)

Matt

Nearly missed this comment, Matt....!! :help:

Can't believe anyone can get to 26 without playing Monopoly.....I though it was law to play it at least once during childhood!?! :shrug:

Day 48.....

I'm terrible with heights......climbing just 2 or 3 steps up a ladder and my legs start going!!

So knowing that information, you'd think that when I was offered a job by an old friend who runs a solar panel installation company, of going up in a cherry picker to take photos of solar panels on peoples houses, that I'd turn it down wouldn't you?!

Well, I didn't.....because I'm a northerner, and I'm well hard!!! :bat:

In truth, I found it okay to be honest.....although the strong gusts of wind weren't particularly pleasent!! :shake: Here's one of the first houses we did.....we started off gently with a bungalow, but the last installation we shot was a full blown church!!! :eek:

Day 48: "Don't look down"

Day 48: Don't look down by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 49.....

While I was oop north doing the cherry picker stuff, I jumped at the chance of attending a Leeds United game (I'm a life long supporter!) at Elland Road, thanks to a friend having a spare ticket!! :D

It was great to see the Leeds fans haven't lost their sense of humour and were as loud as ever.....Doncaster Striker, El-Hadji Diouf (and his wife!) took a serious ear bashing!! :LOL: It was a true battle from Leeds, coming from 2-0 down (the first half was the worst performance I've ever seen from Leeds!) to win 3-2 thanks to Becchio scoring in the 99th minute!! :eek:

Here's a sneaky pic I took on a mobile phone, a couple of minutes before Leeds' second goal!!

Day 49: "The Mighty Whites"

Day 49: The Mighty Whites by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 50.....

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, and very rarely have any sort of dessert/pudding after a meal.....I'm definitely more of a savoury person, however, I do have a weakness for pancakes (see day 47!) covered in pretty much anything with a high sugar content!!

Here's what I had after my dinner.....thin french style pancakes with fresh raspberrys, blueberrys and extra thick dairy cream.....yum yum!! :love:

Day 50: "Quinquagesima"

Day 50: Quinquagesima by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Back