weekly Sonriendo's 52:2014 Thread - #9 Positive/Positivo

Looks a bit stark. A bit closer on the lemons and have the lemonade in a glass is what comes to my mind. Not that bothered about the background either. However I do like the perfect DoF, lemons and jug in focus, background not.

Looks a bit stark. A bit closer on the lemons and have the lemonade in a glass is what comes to my mind. Not that bothered about the background either. However I do like the perfect DoF, lemons and jug in focus, background not.

I'll take that :) It was a bit of a shoot and be damned, was hoping that I would have more time/inspiration later in the week

Liking the text and the large white border... reflections don;t cause me too many troubles, but if the set up was swung round to the right, the two vertical grout lines would have been equal and you'd have lost the one on the right. :)

Liking the text and the large white border... reflections don;t cause me too many troubles, but if the set up was swung round to the right, the two vertical grout lines would have been equal and you'd have lost the one on the right. :)

Everything is so easy in retrospect - forward planning has never really been one of my great talents - I'm more of a wing it and see type :LOL: I should've cropped that line out though :(

Last edited:
... arty ... love the rich colour of the mature-looking lemons ... and the complex light diffusion.

You're brave ... a glass jug against a glossy tiled background.

(y)

Ho Sarah....I really like the idea for the theme...very original....I think a close crop would look good too.

Thanks didn't think of cropping in closer tbh.

... arty ... love the rich colour of the mature-looking lemons ... and the complex light diffusion.
You're brave ... a glass jug against a glossy tiled background.

(y)

They were a bit old :D I get given lemons by the carrier bag full - which once they are a few days old are still OK for juicing, but not so good for photography and I didn't really have the time to go out and rob buy any more :D

Regards all the shiny stuff - I started off with the tiles covered up, but didn't have anything quite big enough to do a good job of it - so it was shoot and be damned :(

Apart from that tile line on the left I like all of it, the reflections are a bit strong but they add to the picture for me.

Apart from that tile line on the left I like all of it, the reflections are a bit strong but they add to the picture for me.

You can see what lovely windows I have in my kitchen from them :D Thanks

Hi Sarah

cracking take on the theme for Positive.......focus & DOF just perfect , good color in the lemons though at 1st glance I thought they were oranges :rolleyes: I'd never be brave enought to shot a glass jug against a shiny tile....stuff of nightmares ... Crit.....cropped a smidge to close at the top for me but I suspect that was to line up with the line of the tiles.....& the lhs tile line showing , just needs a smidge off :)

Thanks all sorry I've not been about - life is very hectic at the moment and not so much in a good way :(

I've got my swirl photo in the bag (y) but am having a problem with #1 house model and the Time one :LOL: If she doesn't put up soon it might have to be a scary selfie :eek:

So very sorry that I've lost my critting/commenting mojo - but Time really has been a problem of late :crying:

OMG bit of a catch up here so, so sorry I've not been keeping up to date with all this. I've just got so much on my plate at the moment tail is so being chased :runaway:

Gah and Flickr have changed their format so fingers crossed this works Oh the little fleckers how do I find the BB code now :crying:

Last edited:
Good catch up Sarah (y)

Time - nice colourful watch just not to sure on the composition.
Swirl - V good nice swirl of the skirt with some motion blur although a bit cheeky
Linked - Lots of links there and nice blurred BG.

Hi Sarah :)

Time - Like this, would like all of the watch hand in, other than that, like the pastel colours and the DoF being nice and narrow works well too :)

Swirl - Good Capture, and an effective DoF yet again, Crit... being very picky Maybe a tad tight on the RH ?? and the red top keeps drawing my eye, other than that excellent movement (y)

Linked - Really like this too... Minor crit, even up the crop on LH to match RH (I know... OCD) lovely clear links and nice background colours (y)

Good Catch up !!!!

Nice swirl photo and really like the linked theme photo (just appeals to me)

Great shot for Linked Sarah - nice and sharp and great blur with the background (y)

And yes my FlickR has changed as well - buggers aren't they! lol

Hi, well caught up.

Time, it's a watch, but looks a little static to me.

Swirl, another selfie I take it ;). Good sense of movement and as Darren said, a tad right on the RHS and maybe a little dark.

Links, I like the contrast against the BG. Some if the chains look a little OOF.

Cheers.

HI ya

great set of catch up images.....I'm with you on lack of time !

Time.....I'm loving that watch....dunno what but feel it needs something to add a bit of punch

Swirl......oooohh...risque :) , well caught movement , smidge more room to the rhs but looks well lit to me....( me or Andy have a problem with our monitors.....!)

Links... hurts my eyes...so many of them , like the totally oof nicely contrasting but not sure where to look for the main link in focus ?

Hi Sarah
Watch - decent comp, but would like to see the whole of the left hand and perhaps a cuff on the shirt showing from beneath the jacket would help the transition of colour and tone from watch to skin to jacket.
Swirl - I think that is a really good idea and well handled. Position in frame is ok for me. (y)
linked - i like the idea of a 'rain' of links but like Andy I think may be a touch oof. Good b/g with a hint of wanting to know what the links are ' hiding'

Welcome back. I was worried for a minute but well done for starting to catch up

Time - The use of the pointing finger provides a bit of a story. Could even be the groom waiting for the bride :p

Swirl - You've done well to catch just the right movement on this one.

Linked - Focus has been mentioned. Given the oof background I feel the links needed to be a lot sharper. Makes me want to know what's in the distance though.

Back