Monthly Southdowns' 2013 etc Thread - December Great Eggscape Posted

Snapseed...cracking app.

Two good submisions there. Of the two, it's the dreamy sense I get from #1 and the colour cast works really well.

How do you produce your GIF? Was it using the iPad app or did you do it via PS??

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, Stan. I agree the first one is best, but I like the contrast between the two shots :)

Andy I used an app called Flixel for my cinemagraph. It is a bit expensive though for the pro version.

Stan, yes it is!

Last edited:
Last edited:
I like your cinemagraph its completely seamless. The sunset has come out well, has a very autumn feel to it

Cheers Adam :)

Anyone else awake still ;)

Thanks Andy. I think everyone else must have started o the Christmas booze a little too early!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sunset two is a cracker, lovely colours and a couple of nice weeds for foreground interest. I really like the colours in the reflected sunset as well.

Your cinema graph is excellent, I keep expecting the old lady to move as well.

Still life is great especially the bit of light out of the barrel.

Another good set (y)

'Ello

Cracking month for you :clap:

Creative bokeh, I like your thinking, and the explanation is helpful. It doesn't grab me, if I'm honest. But applause for trying something different.

Pasta la vista (slaps forehead ;)) good idea and I do like light coming from the barrel. With that lighting set up you were never going to get a black surface.

Sunsets, it's #2 for me. I like how the colour fades in the sky.

Off to see what December will bring....

Cheers.

Thanks guys :)

Andy, I wasn't really after full black in Pasta: I like the little spots, which look like gunpowder debris to me :)

We moved for the second time in a month a week ago (Hampshire to Newcastle rented, then into our new home), hence no shots yet, but I do have plans :)

Well now, here's my last shot for the challenge; I'll only get this one done for December what with the move and all that :)

This was edited useing my brand new Wacom Pen and Touch tablet. If you don't use a graphics tablet, get one! It's quite simply revolutionary the difference it makes.

December "Write on something then photograph it"

The Great Egg And Chip Eggscape :)

The Great Egg and Chip Eggscape by -MarkBerry1963-

Yup, works for me. Really like the little film set you've made and the detail is great.

IMO, I'd prefer just the egg in the same place with the foot prints the same place as well.

Nonetheless, a fit finish to your project :clap:

Thanks all.

Andy, I did wonder about the potato peel being too much, but this isn't a completely original idea, and I HATE copying, so wanted something to make it a little different.

Brian I got the small Intuos Pen and Touch. I was worried it might be too small, but I can honestly say it's nothing like, and it's an absolute joy to use. I heard someone say that even the cheapest crapiest graphics tablet you can find (not that this one is that), will be streets ahead of any mouse or trackpad for photo editing, and I now know what he meant.

I was also expecting a steep learning curve, but in fact it took hardly any getting used to at all, possibly because I use an Apple Magic Trackpad anyway, rather than a mouse.

Last edited:
Thanks all.
Brian I got the small Intuos Pen and Touch. I was worried it might be too small, but I can honestly say it's nothing like, and it's an absolute joy to use. I heard someone say that even the cheapest crapiest graphics tablet you can find (not that this one is that), will be streets ahead of any mouse or trackpad for photo editing, and I now know what he meant.

I was also expecting a steep learning curve, but in fact it took hardly any getting used to at all, possibly because I use an Apple Magic Trackpad anyway, rather than a mouse.

Cheers, I have just ordered myself one!

Back