Spotted a togger : Part 3

A couple taken at Burghley earlier this year...

53160002329_69ebaab811_c.jpg

53159808236_7cdc44b430_c.jpg

53189748099_7bacbde023_c.jpg

WATCH THE BIRDIE!!!

Bellows by Garry Knight, on Flickr

Very nice candid street style capture Garry, well seen & caught with a good "Hipstamatic" presentation.

"It looks initially like an old an 5"x 4" plate camera, but with no movements on the baseboard (that I can see) etc it could be one of those units that used to come in kit form. I'm probably wrong but worth a guess"

Interesting street camera ... and I like the technology contrast!

Thanks, Roger. I wondered if the guy on the right realised that it's a camera, but perhaps that's cynical of me.

Very nice candid street style capture Garry, well seen & caught with a good "Hipstamatic" presentation.

"It looks initially like an old an 5"x 4" plate camera, but with no movements on the baseboard (that I can see) etc it could be one of those units that used to come in kit form. I'm probably wrong but worth a guess"

Thanks, George. It kind of does, but kind of doesn't. To me it had the look of something bolted together to look like an old plate camera, but as I've only seen the latter in museums and shop windows, I couldn't possibly tell. On the other hand, because of the flattening effect of the processing on my phone, it also looks like one of those wood and cardboard kits you find in places like Waterstones bookshop. I wouldn't be surprised if it had a cellphone and an Instax printer inside it. :D

Thanks, Roger. I wondered if the guy on the right realised that it's a camera, but perhaps that's cynical of me.

Thanks, George. It kind of does, but kind of doesn't. To me it had the look of something bolted together to look like an old plate camera, but as I've only seen the latter in museums and shop windows, I couldn't possibly tell. On the other hand, because of the flattening effect of the processing on my phone, it also looks like one of those wood and cardboard kits you find in places like Waterstones bookshop. I wouldn't be surprised if it had a cellphone and an Instax printer inside it. :D
I was thinking maybe something inside. Be a great cover for street photographer, dress up old, one of those "old" cameras (cardboard) and a sony or something inside. saunter up to subject "Allo guv, can I take your snap shot" Big grin and clickity click!

One in action, one getting into place, and one waiting for the right moment. Castlerigg Stone Circle (there was a fabulous rainbow in the other direction!)

DSC05577.jpg

Took this pic just over 20 yrs ago.. he's pitch side at a football match.. No idea what hes holding... the hood? got my attention

Attachments

• accy_exeter_028.jpg
    accy_exeter_028.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Took this pic just over 20 yrs ago.. he's pitch side at a football match.. No idea what hes holding... the hood? got my attention

So are we thinking Stills camera or video ?

Back