Squirrels - an open thread

Another taken with a 50mm manual lens today.

The best way to wear fur!

51714257610_405a8a5b7e_c.jpg

I mostly use a 35 or 50mm lenses so I haven't got too many successful squirrel pictures.

snMjEeA.jpg

P86oDkM.jpg

Y0IZpBt.jpg

fzVMNKm.jpg
Hi, I had the right equipment (NIKON D850 - Nikkor 4/70/200), but the wrong settings. I wanted to take pics of birds in flight in the park and did not expect a squirrel,
so I selected a wider focus area field, which made the camera focus on the grass and the tree.

But I was happy to take squirrel pics after quite some time ...

Oops!!! Pressed return too soon!

Meant to ask if anybody knows if there are still reds in Newborough?

Howard (idiot)

Oops!!! Pressed return too soon!

Meant to ask if anybody knows if there are still reds in Newborough?

Howard (idiot)
I don’t know for a fact that they are still present but assuming the following isn’t telling porkies then I’d say yes…

It’s on my list to visit next year. Whether it’s like Formby Beach National Trust woods and they are present but extremely rare to spot (at least for my visits) or not I don’t know yet.

Two gardens over at our back is some woods. It’s what we see from our kitchen window.
All of a sudden I spotted this little critter. It went away for a while then came back.
Online media searches throughout the UK claim that they are very rare, with statements such as 'wildlife experts estimate that there are just 50 in the UK' or 'the odds of seeing an albino squirrel is 1 in 100,000'. So it says HERE

Back