weekly steve's 52 for 2012 more vice added

Name
stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
hi all new to photography but thought i would give this a go after reading last year's threads, whats the worst that can happen :D

I'm going to give myself 5 jokers
try to take at least 1 new photo each week and post no more that three
I'm using everything i can get my hands on iPhone 4s p6000 and my new t3i with a cannon 1.8 50mm /18-55 and maybe even my75-300 (not used this properly yet)

this is my first attempt took it after i started reading this forum and really wanted to see if i could get the light movement effect worked ok i think,and i think it shows direction well

IMG_1025 by 0Zerocool0, on Flickr

i somehow deleted the original photo so have had to link to the updated picture

Week 1 : Direction above 2 3
Week 2 : Fear 1crop 2 edit
Week 3 : Sigh 1
Week 4 : Sweet 1 b&w
Week 5 : Secure gun
Week 6 : Industry 1
Week 7 : Root 1
Week 8 : Handmade 1 2
Week 9 : Money 1
Week 10 : win
Week 11 : shiny
Week 12 : Magical disney
Week 13 : vice cards beer
Week 14 :
Week 15 :
Week 16 :
Week 17 :
Week18 :
Week 19 :
Week 20 :
Week 21 :
Week 22 :
Week 23 :
Week 24 :
Week 25 :
Week 26 :
Week 27 :
Week 28 :
Week 29 :
Week 30 :
Week 31 :
Week 32 :
Week 33 :
Week 34 :
Week 35 :
Week 36 :
Week 37 :
Week 38 :
Week 39 :
Week 40 :
Week 41 :
Week 42 :
Week 43 :
Week 44 :
Week 45 :
Week 46 :
Week 47 :
Week 48 :
Week 49 :
Week 50 :
Week 51 :
Week 52 :

look forward to your comments and help to improve my newbie skills :cool:

Last edited:
Can't beat light trails.

White balance could do with sorting and a tad closer to get rid of the RH tree, I like the street name thought.

Cheers.

I agree you can't beat trails, don't think I have ever tried one myself.

Agree also that the white balance is a tad out but that should be easy sorted, think I might of been tempted to stand nearer that tree on the right.

Look forward to seeing more of you're work as the weeks fly by :)

Have a look at THIS thread to find out how to edit your title

thanks guys will have a go at the white balance tonight and post the result.

rolyratman thats the veiw from inside my porch it was cold and wet didnt want my new camera to be the same :) to be honest it was only a test gona try of some bridges when it stays dry for more than 10 minutes

thanks for all your help 2 i can see already im gona learn a lot from you lot at tp

Good start. I agree about the white balance though. If this was taken from your porch I'm wondering whether a similar shot taken from a bedroom window to give it a higher angle may work.

Good solid attempt, but I feel light trails look better from a higher angle, I was considering doing light trails for my first week but then decided against it.

I like that .... especially the flare from the street lights they seem to have thier own little "direction" thing going on.

Cheers

Steve

Welcome aboard Steve and good luck with challenge.
For somebody new to this I think you’ve done really well with your first week. Even if it was from the confines of your porch the composition is very well thought out with the side road leading you into that big curving loop of main road and taking your eye around the frame. I do agree that you could do with a little crop off the RHS though. Maybe not as much as to lose the tree altogether, but I’d definitely crop out the post with the 40mph sign on it.

As said, the WB is too much on the warm side but a little tweak and you'll fix that quite easily.

I like the idea behind the shot but agree with the tree and the angle.

What stands out with the white balance as I'm new to all this?

Hi Steve.....

I have a softspot for Light trails..MWHCVT gets the blame for that !

As a bit if a newbie I've think you've done well for this shot...ideally want to be higher up but quite like the effect this angle gives (y)

The WB is slightly orangy....needs a little twEek in your editing system...theh when you go out to shot some more try fiddling ( sorry , make some adjustments :LOL: )with the in camera WB to get it right at the point of shooting .

Good start & look forward to seeing your next shots

Cheers

I like it. I prefer the edit though as you've brought a little bit of colour into the sky.

Good luck with the challenge!

i Steve, a very good start to your project. Not sure if you realise but the first image is missing off the post. Light trails are something I have not got round to doing yet, very good attempt. A little blue but it looks good. The arrow pic, I quite like, maybe a black and white conversion would look good?

Works the theme very well (y)

Hi Stephen,

Great start, I'm not that great at critique I know what I like just not sure why! lol
Love the b&w version of the arrow, think that works very well for the theme.

Week 2, fear, love it.

Well done

Carol

I like that! I like the red background and off centre iPod. Great album too :)

Nice shot, is definatly am awesome album

Back