weekly Summer's 52 - week 51 negative

Hi Summer

Had a mild chuckle at your Sigh image - very apt and humourous interpretation of the theme and I like the overall quality of the image. PP works and I like the choice of composition - the feet framing the dial.

Spooks

thanks everyone :)

Simon I did try lots of different 'poses'. Even though my feet are small (size 4) I couldn't fit them on those scales fully lol. My hubby thinks I'm mad ha ha

so does my daughter, especially when I drove all the way to her house on a Sunday afternoon just to borrow her scales!

Hi,

I really like No2, how did you get the cross and chain stiff enough to raise above the page?

Matt

ahhh well you see Matt, that's the secret :)

the cross is actually draped over the book, and the shadow is from a different cross altogether :) It was very hard trying to get the angle of the dangle just right...

Another great take on the theme Summer :)
Your processing really accentuates the dial, framed well by your feet. I can understand how one might let out a sigh when standing on the scales, good or bad depending how ones weight is going :LOL:
I enjoyed your side story to this in your husband and daughter thinking you were a wee bit :wacky: to be driving to take photographs on your daughters scales.
Sometimes, having to explain ourselves for our photography to other people is difficult when others just don't "get it" :LOL:
I look forward to your future postings Summer (on a side note, thats a lovely name). Iain

thanks Iain :)

I think the mad part is that once an idea enters my head I cannot rest until I've done the shot. I'd spent most of the day at my daughter's house so she thought it was funny that I rushed back there just an hour later demanding her scales!

the funniest one was persuading my hubby to crawl under the bed in a skull mask while I tried to get bogey man 'ghost' shots for 'fear'. At least he was willing (or drunk).

his current favourite phrase is 'how come I always get roped into your mad schemes?' :LOL:

I like it! I'm like you and judge my weight by whatever fits on any given day lol. :)

aw you guys are just jealous! :p

Good interpretation and photo in a hard week. Well done (y)

Hi Summer,

I like the first trig point pic. Bit of horizon leveling and its there for me.
The fear bible is super. I had to do a double take to see how you did that. The content and execution are very nice and I like it a lot.
Sigh. Well (sigh) a really good idea that would've driven me to tears had I tried it.

Love the interpretation - especially as this week is "supposedly" the week that we all give up our new year resolutions. Big sigh!

Hi Summer, I saw this in the Flickr group a few days ago and meant to comment here but for some reason couldn't find your thread. Anyway - I think this is brilliant. :clap:

aw thanks everyone, I think I've already improved from week 1 :) which is the name of the game. It's actually heartening to see how much I've improved since last summer when I first took my camera off auto. Still a long way to go, especially for outdoor shots (which is what I like best ha ha)

and it's all down to the help I get on this forum *gush*

An excellent take on the theme. It's well thought out and composed.

week 4 - sweet

not very artistic when it comes to 'painting' (or in this case icing) stuff

but I think I can class this one as a 'double' week - being arty and taking a photograph lol

I give you - my sugar skull:

sugar skull by moominmama, on Flickr

Sugar Skulls are a traditional folk art from Southern Mexico used to celebrate Day of the Dead. Spirits of the dead are welcomed back to their homes with beautifully decorated altars made by their loved ones.

Families take the flowers and sugar skulls to the cemetery to decorate the tombs on November 2. Sugar skulls are colorfully decorated with icing, pieces of bright foil, colored sugars and usually bear the name of the deceased loved one being honored.

apart from the feather this is completely edible :LOL:

Nice one Summer! Really like the lighting, and the simplicity of the shot, well done ;)

thanks everyone, I know it's light painting again, but I did make the skull so I gave myself points for that :LOL:

thanks folks :)

Marsha, yep it was deliberate. Been experimenting with this light painting lark, and I was trying to create shadows. The pic looked boring otherwise.

I also tried to get a rainbow effect to add to the 'colourful sweetie' type of thing, but it just looked dull :LOL:

Looks like you've combined fear and sweet together you cleaver thing. Well executed shot Summer. ;)

aw fanx Alby *blush*

but hang on, can't you hear the sigh of the wind whispering through his feathers?

that's 3 then :LOL:

now, can it also show direction? hmmmm *ponders*

:p

OOOooo spooky sweets...nice.

I wasn't sure at first, but it's grown on me. Well lit, nice colours.

I'd like to see a closer crop.

Cheers.

Another interesting interpretation and a (y) for the information.

I'm on a sugar diet so someone else will have to eat him, thanks for all the comments tho :)

OOh scary; you do know we've moved on from fear don't you? ;)

Very good. I like the shadow; adds to the menace of it :)

Back