Sunrise, Cove Bay Aberdeen

Hi Michael. I really like the composition and the colours. I can see why you are proud of this image. Well done.

-Stan, thanks for the comments. It is a trade off between the sky and the foreground. I think I could get some more detail out of the foreground which will make it more balanced. I'll give it a go.

-Antattack thanks for the comments...

The horizon isn't straight, it's going down to the right.

The 2nd one is a definite improvement. A very good shot.

Andy

The original works best for me, I can see plenty of detail in the rocks, and the richer shadows provide the needed 'mood'

The edited version, the shadows have been bleached somewhat, consequently the image feels a bit clinical.

My only minor niggle in the first (apart from the sloping horizon) is you have CA along the right rock-line (red/green fringing)

That aside, the original is a first class image, with gorgeous light.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I have rectified the wonky horizon - although haven't uploaded it yet.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I have rectified the wonky horizon - although haven't uploaded it yet.

You wanna stay out of the Cove Bay Hotel, before yeh go doon there. That'll help with the horizon:D;)

NIce shot, Michael. I like either version, but lean toward the first for viewing on a backlit screen. It might print up pretty dark, though. Still, very nice composition and wonderful colors.

Back