weekly Superpippo's 52 in 2013 Weeks 50,51 and 52, Fantasy, Fit and Water added - P&BD and Finished

you know - I looked at sleek before and couldn;t for the life of me work out what it was... :LOL: for some reason my mind was trying to invent 2 animals curling up to each other, but I couldn;t see that properly either. (no offence to anyone here.)

now I see what it is, and it's perfectly sleek, nice detail and focus in the top part, and really nice contrast with the lower section too.

of the choccies. yumyum, prefer the first - nice POV to keep the top down look, but add (the much needed) depth too. (y) I think the close up is too tight for me, maybe with more chocs (or had they been eaten by then) and crop through some of the extra ones, or a wider view of what you have there?

Happy birthday too Alan!

Thanks Graham. my intention with the close up was to try to be more abstract, perhaps not working

Colour #2. slightly edges it for me, would prefer just a bit more space around it.
sleek, good detail, doesn't really work for me.
friendship, cuff isn't a problem a very good idea, the foil is a little clipped though, but that's a minor niggle.
art, I like it
food, chicken soup for me out of those 2. The sausage I think would be better on it's own. Nice lighting though, nice lighting and whites of the plate.

Hi Alan

nearly at the finishing line matey.....

Sleek ...neat idea , love the contrast between the 2 colors & textures

Color.....close up for me , shows the detail & tastiness of those scrummy looking choccies perfectly....any going spare :D

YAY Alan :clap:

Well done for getting there on time mate, it's a great relief isn't it :)

Fantasy - Like that idea, good close detail, cropped in the right place and spot on focus, doesn't get better than that (y)

Fit - Shame the lens isn't on the same level as the camera as again a cracking idea, good detail and well lit :)

Water - That looks wonderful, good sky, the walker just in the right place and a very pleasing angle, what a great one to finish with :clap:

Look forward to seeing your fist shot in the 2014 52... I have added you down on the list as IN, you aint getting away that easily :naughty:

Last edited:
YAY Alan :clap:

Well done for getting there on time mate, it's a great relief isn't it :)

Fantasy - Like that idea, good close detail, cropped in the right place and spot on focus, doesn't get better than that (y)

Fit - Shame the lens isn't on the same level as the camera as again a cracking idea, good detail and well lit :)

Water - That looks wonderful, good sky, the walker just in the right place and a very pleasing angle, what a great one to finish with :clap:

Look forward to seeing your fist shot in the 2014 52... I have added you down on the list as IN, you aint getting away that easily :naughty:

Cheers DK - it took me forever to get the lens lined up even that well :arghh:. It has a peculiar centre of gravity which blutack could not easily overcome.

And I think that I managed to finish with a good one too.

I do enjoy the 52 even tho I fall behind often. I think that I would miss the Saturday (now Friday) buzz of reading the theme. Mrs SP always wants to know the theme and inevitably gives me a wealth of ideas even before I can think. Perhaps I will keep it quiet that it has moved to Friday so that my brain cells can have a head start. :)
I also enjoy the virtual world of the comments.
So it looks like(y) and :beer:

Ooops sorry mate :D

That is a real good image but if you had a bucket of blu-tac it could have been perfect :naughty:

We all... well most of us get behind at times, so it is good that when we get back we support each other, the comments from me haven't been as regular as would have liked, but my new year resolution is to but work back a bit and get my life done first, that isn't going to totaly happen but worth a try !!!

Last edited:
Hi Alan

Nice end to your 52, fit an excellent idea and water the colours are brilliant :clap:

see you in the next one (y)

always a pleasure to have you around

Nice trio to finish on Alan

lottery ticket is set up just right to keep the fantasy of what could still be under the last squares, nice allignment of the queens head on the coin - that didn;t happen by accident did it??) (y)

camera / lens is a nice idea, well shot and lit - the allignment is a detraction, but sometimes the simple things are the hardest - (easily fixed in PS though, esp with the nice white BG, select roughly round the lens, duplicate onto new layer, transform (rotate and move down a touch), then need to clone over the visible top corner of the original lens on the lower layer.

But water is a great one to finish on, love the beams of the sun and the way its lighting up the clouds, lovely processing there, and it really needs the extra element of the lone walker on the beach.

Excellent finish, although if you're doing it again this year, you don;t really get to "finish".

And thanks for all your comments and critique in mine and the other threads.

Wooohoooo....cracking set of images to complete your challenge Alan.....the camera one could almost be a mag type shot.......& loving the water image :clap::clap:

See you over in your new thread...another sucker for punishment :D
Nice trio to finish on Alan

lottery ticket is set up just right to keep the fantasy of what could still be under the last squares, nice allignment of the queens head on the coin - that didn;t happen by accident did it??) (y)

camera / lens is a nice idea, well shot and lit - the allignment is a detraction, but sometimes the simple things are the hardest - (easily fixed in PS though, esp with the nice white BG, select roughly round the lens, duplicate onto new layer, transform (rotate and move down a touch), then need to clone over the visible top corner of the original lens on the lower layer.

But water is a great one to finish on, love the beams of the sun and the way its lighting up the clouds, lovely processing there, and it really needs the extra element of the lone walker on the beach.

Excellent finish, although if you're doing it again this year, you don;t really get to "finish".

And thanks for all your comments and critique in mine and the other threads.

Thanks for the comment s both, today and throughout

Hi Alan, just trying to pop around all the 2013 threads finally!

I missed loads of your shots, loved the landscape water shot. The walker really adds to scale. Liking fit too, although maybe a bit more contrast needed there. Fantasy made me chuckle, if you had PP’d that to a winning ticket I would have been impressed!

Always good to see chocolate in photography, of any brand!

Glad to see you made it to the end and I look forward to more shots of your grandson as he grows up.

Back