weekly Superpippo's 52 in 2013 Weeks 50,51 and 52, Fantasy, Fit and Water added - P&BD and Finished

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 1: Sin
Week 2 : Season
Week 3 : Gravity
Week 4 : Wild
Week 5 : Space
Week 6 : Work
Week 7 : Gluttony
Week 8 : Time
Week 9 : Juxtaposition
Week 10 : Letter
Week 11 : Electric
Week 12 : Direction
Week 13 : Tacky
Week 14 : Value
Week 15 : Greed
Week 16 : Angles
Week 17 : Rustic
Week 18 : Kind
Week 19 : Vertical
Week 20 : Pattern
Week 21 : Movement
Week 22 : Below
Week 23 : Size
Week 24 : Process
Week 25 : Rock
Week 26 : Pair
Week 27 : Shape
Week 28 : Plenty
Week 29 : Speed
Week 30 : Steps
Week 31 : Mono
Week 32 : Connection
Week 33 : Beginning
Week 34 : Still
Week 35 : Whimsical
Week 36 : Curve
Week 37 : Power
Week 38 : Solitude
Week 39 : Sweet
Week 40 : Cut
Week 41 : Live
Week 42 : Reflection
Week 43 : Melt
Week 44 : Left
Week 45 : Food
Week 46 : Art
Week 47 : Friendship
Week 48 : Sleek
Week 49 : Colour
Week 50 : Fantasy
Week 51 : Fit
Week 52 : Water

Last edited:
Week 1 Sin

DSC_2863_-_Copy_2_edited-1.jpg

A Sin perpetrated by the Dark Side

Oh good god, I think that may be a sin too far. I'll have nightmares tonight.

Hmmmm, it's a Cannon, where's the Sin :D

Good idea. Well lit and composed. I'd like to see three holes (rule of odds :D.

Nice start.

Cheers.

haha, I wish I'd thought of that - I even have that cup next to me now :)

Brilliant...made me laugh out loud!

Love it! Hope the lens was faulty before you did that.

Oh good god, I think that may be a sin too far. I'll have nightmares tonight.

:LOL:

Hmmmm, it's a Cannon, where's the Sin

Good idea. Well lit and composed. I'd like to see three holes (rule of odds

Nice start.

Cheers.

Yeah you are right Andy - really no sin to us if it is a Cannon :D

Considered the 3 idea but settled on the 2 as thought that the intro of the other items and the implied cut out at the lhs with the cut-out piece gave a good balance

Great idea but my wife has pointed out it is one of those lens cups from Hawkins bizarre. Still a good shot though

And there i was thinking that the reason I could not fit it to the Nikon was because it was the wrong mount :puke:

Hey Alan

Sin - lol... love that, liking the composition, nicely lit and damn funny :D

Cheers DK

Nice one! Excellent idea. Made me laugh out loud.

Fantastic interpretation!

Hi Alan glad to see you back in for another year!

Sin, hahahahaha, anything that makes me laugh has to be a winner :clap:

Thanks Marsha - good to see you back too - always interesting and a pleasure to hear from you.

Made my laugh, love the interpretation.

Ha made me laught also! Liking the shot!

I love that, brilliant idea.

haha, I wish I'd thought of that - I even have that cup next to me now :)

Thanks folks for the kind words. I hoped that it was humourous and wanted to try to avoid the food/drink.chocs route.

Thanks for making me laugh too - great idea.

I will watch this thread for future interest!

very amusing I'm sure thats a proper sin, I didn't think about it being a cup at first I thought that it was very brave or foolish :LOL:

Hi Allan.....where'd you spring from :D

Now that made me laugh....brilliant bit of thinking mister so for that alone a mahoooooosive :clap:

Only slight crit....maybe the cropped top of the mug ?

Thank you for giving me a much needed giggle matey (y)

very good take on the theme.. guessed it was a lens mug... but did check, just in case ;)

A fun start to your 52 Allan, I like your thinking behind the image.
No real crit to add, I can see Andy's thinking behind having three cutouts but I think it is balanced as is. There is an implied third hole, it works. (y)

Thanks for making me laugh too - great idea.

I will watch this thread for future interest!

This is my favourite sin photo, as it is something I would do :) great idea, great shot and perfect lighting

very amusing I'm sure thats a proper sin, I didn't think about it being a cup at first I thought that it was very brave or foolish :LOL:

hah the lens mug ! , I got this for crimble ! =)

Hi Allan.....where'd you spring from :D

Now that made me laugh....brilliant bit of thinking mister so for that alone a mahoooooosive :clap:

Only slight crit....maybe the cropped top of the mug ?

Thank you for giving me a much needed giggle matey (y)

very good take on the theme.. guessed it was a lens mug... but did check, just in case ;)

A fun start to your 52 Allan, I like your thinking behind the image.
No real crit to add, I can see Andy's thinking behind having three cutouts but I think it is balanced as is. There is an implied third hole, it works. (y)

Thanks all for the comments. I am pleased as it has been well received.

Lynne - take the point about the crop but had a line of grout behind where the tiles meet the worktop so cropped it out.

Hi Allan, a different take on the theme but bang on all the same.

Technically good, nice even lighting and compositionally spot on.
A small crit though, the crop is a little too tight IMHO. I would like to have seen the tops of the points at the top of the image.
Not sure if it was possible to get all the needle in too but I may be being a little picky.
Not long for the new theme. Cheers Iain(y)

Cool. I like the fact it's different and that I have no idea what it is :)

Thanks Chris(?). It is a tide clock. It has one hand which you set to the high or low tide if you live near the sea and it moves round the dial in about 12.5 hours. That means that you can look at it at any time to see the state of the tide

Hi Allan, a different take on the theme but bang on all the same.

Technically good, nice even lighting and compositionally spot on.
A small crit though, the crop is a little too tight IMHO. I would like to have seen the tops of the points at the top of the image.
Not sure if it was possible to get all the needle in too but I may be being a little picky.
Not long for the new theme. Cheers Iain(y)

Thanks Ian. Agree about the crop - I need to look at original again. On the needle, I wanted to wait for it to go round but i was out when it would have been at the 2 or 1, and in bed the other time :D

Perhaps a decent shot trying to get out :shake:

agree with Iain nothing to add its nice to see something different too

Hey Alan :)

Season - Very nice, love the crop and how even it is lit, very original (y)

Cheers DK

Sin - good shot but immediately thought lens cup rather than an actual lens, so maybe did not work on me as well as it should have done :)

Season - great take on the theme would have liked to see the metal bit in the middle a bit sharper as the image looks a little soft so something sharp might have helped.

Christine - thanks for the comments - points noted.

Missed this one - is it in the pictures thread? (probably is :bonk:)

Can imagine it would have been tempting to try with shallow DOF, but I'm glad you didn't.

Hi ya :wave:

I like that...lovely n sharp , white whites & a very unusual item but works for the theme perfectly ....good shot mister (y)

Missed this one - is it in the pictures thread? (probably is :bonk:)

Can imagine it would have been tempting to try with shallow DOF, but I'm glad you didn't.

Lynne, Graham thanks for the comments.
As usual now falling behind - no gravity yet, but maybe today. Not because of circumstance but shots I have taken thus far are pants. :bang:

Certainly made me smile when it came up - lighting not a major negative for me.

I'm not sure about the chopped in half by the crop apple - maybe an apple really chopped in half and then put more "into" the shot would work.

I learned - sometime you need to set up the shot couple of different ways - rather than just taking lots of shots of one setup. But that takes time which sometimes you just don't have!

But i think you've ended up with a really good shot - perfectly on theme. :clap:

Thanks Graham

The apple is whole and the ruler balanced on it. So the other problem that I had was that the ruler threw a shadow onto the base of the surround and no matter what i did I could not get rid of it. So I opted to 'cut' it in half with the crop. I had all sorts of light set ups - static halogens either sideto the front, incandescents at the rear both sides, fill flash and ocf above. Still struggled. Am envious of those who can produce clear white b/g - do not have the technique

Back