weekly susiejb 52 /2014 Support

smiley-eatdrink026.gif
:D

Excellent Susie, lightings great,good detail, reflection of the Ferrero Rocher (how posh are you :p) in the chrome round the bottom of the glass is a nice touch and composition with the fire in the bg is great (y)

I know .... gold plated cream in this house @Phil-D :D Thank you ...it was stone cold by the time I'd finished so I didn't even get to drink it.

Choccies were nice though :)

I agree about the .. Ferrero Rocher (how posh are you)

Excellent colour, lighting, dof :clap: ... very pleasing image susie

EDIT ... to say ... love the reflection of the choccy wrappings.

Last edited:
Hi Susie, nice and extravagant there indeed, gold plated cream and Ferrero Rocher, its been a pleasure viewing your images all year, a lot of thought goes into them (y)

Woah, that's extravagant. Lovely oranges in the flames. Well composed and nice and tight. A little more light on the chocolates, and an even littler more light on the glass and cream.

Yeah, one of the most extravagant submissions.

Cheers.

Hi Susie... great take for the theme as it definitely looks it! I think you've done well with some tricky bits here, although perhaps a tiny bit more light for me falling on the front of the scene? I love the flames in the background.

Very good #51 from you to go with so many other good and great shots over the year... looking forward to your final submission!

Hi Susie

Nonsense....bright ,colorful , right on theme & very seasonal :)

Extravagant......it is indeed ! Nice touch with the fire in the bg & perfect use of DOF for the same , very few reflections on the glass , good focus ,like the chosen angle with the handle toward the back & the chocolate shavings add a nice finishing touch to the cream (y) As per Phil ,the reflection of the ferrero rocher in the silver is a nice touch .

I do feel it's a little tight at the top - shot that close or have you cropped ?
I think you may have benefited from a reflector to bounce a little more light back across the cream on the top.......struggling a little here as it almost looks like some sort of syrup poured over the cream or is it shadows ? Less can sometimes be more so maybe leave it as just the 2 rocher rather than the 4 ?

Hi Susie... great take for the theme as it definitely looks it! I think you've done well with some tricky bits here, although perhaps a tiny bit more light for me falling on the front of the scene? I love the flames in the background.

Very good #51 from you to go with so many other good and great shots over the year... looking forward to your final submission!

Thanks Paul, and thank you for all your encouragement over the last few months :)

Hi Susie

Nonsense....bright ,colorful , right on theme & very seasonal :)

Extravagant......it is indeed ! Nice touch with the fire in the bg & perfect use of DOF for the same , very few reflections on the glass , good focus ,like the chosen angle with the handle toward the back & the chocolate shavings add a nice finishing touch to the cream (y) As per Phil ,the reflection of the ferrero rocher in the silver is a nice touch .

I do feel it's a little tight at the top - shot that close or have you cropped ?
I think you may have benefited from a reflector to bounce a little more light back across the cream on the top.......struggling a little here as it almost looks like some sort of syrup poured over the cream or is it shadows ? Less can sometimes be more so maybe leave it as just the 2 rocher rather than the 4 ?

Thanks for taking the time to hop in Lynne ... I didn't crop it , I used my Raynox macro, so I had to be pretty close in. ...I didn't have time to set up any lighting, it's just the daylight through the window.
It's gold spray on the cream :)

this does scream extravagant and posh, the fire in the BG is a beautiful touch.

The gold top to the cream really sets it off, I can imagine you don;t have long to take thsi type of shot before the creamn starts to melt and run down the sides, so (as with your pouring wine shot) you've upped the difficulty level significantly!

Love it, very festive and warming.

Also seem to rememebre you saying you;re in again next year, it may well be less scary second time round, but that doesn;t mean its any easier. :)

this does scream extravagant and posh, the fire in the BG is a beautiful touch.

The gold top to the cream really sets it off, I can imagine you don;t have long to take thsi type of shot before the creamn starts to melt and run down the sides, so (as with your pouring wine shot) you've upped the difficulty level significantly!

Love it, very festive and warming.

Also seem to rememebre you saying you;re in again next year, it may well be less scary second time round, but that doesn;t mean its any easier. :)

Thanks Graham @overbez ...yes the cream did keep melting :runaway:... I'm really sorry you're not in next year ...you've been such an encouragement to me, so thank very much ... maybe you will change your mind o_O

Thanks Graham @overbez ...yes the cream did keep melting :runaway:... I'm really sorry you're not in next year ...you've been such an encouragement to me, so thank very much ... maybe you will change your mind o_O

You're welcome susie, I do try to generally call them as I see them, with maybe a very slight lean one way or the other if I feel its needed.... Honesty is the best policy and is appreciated by most.

Regards next year.... even if I'm not in myself, I'll keep half an eye on a few threads I'm sure. It'll be hard not to. :)

Yeah real good idea this one, I think the cream needs a bit more DoF, but all in all, the shot sets a wonderful scene with that fire, what a lovely inviting image (y)

HI Susie

Nonsense - agree with what has been said - colourful, festive, humourous, well filled frame and some jokes only part there adding to the fun(y)

Extravagance - well on theme - love the warmth of the fire and the arrangement of the goodies. perhaps a bit dark at the front.

Thank you guys ...I was determined to make it to the end and here I am :)

Support - Brilliant idea and a lovely selection of photos. Selection of border colour is spot on except for that sunset bottom left - but a minor point. When all put together like that it shows the talent, imagination and breadth of subject that you have displayed. Top shot.:clap:

Thank you Alan :) ...I really enjoyed looking back .... they're all in a folder in my Flickr.

I'll have to start a new one now .... my 52 in 2015 :wideyed:

Last edited:
Hi Susie, nice image to end with (y) enjoy the next year will pop in now and again to say hello

Happy new year:)

Hi Susie, excellent idea and just to echo, a superb image to end on, well done :clap:

You've been a big support to others also, me included, over the last 52 weeks, thank you :) I'm certainly going to miss it :(

Like Allan, I'll keep popping in to say :wave:

Happy New year Susie , atb for the next coming '52 :)

A great idea for the theme Susie and lovely to have a reprise of some of your beautiful images. Thank you back for all your support this year - it helped a lot to have a couple of familiar names when I first joined in here (y)

Yep, wonderful idea and as Elaine says lovely to see a montage of your images all in one place.

Best of luck with next year, continue in your own style as you have done this year and yours will again be a thread worth following. :)

Great idea Susie, lovely finish to the year. You've selected 28 of your 51 that all, in some way, say "support"(y)

Hiya Susie

What a lovely image and a fantastic (and quite touching) sentiment. As others have mentioned, the choice of border is excellent and quite difficult with so many images... very well done there. It goes to show how many fantastic photos you have taken over the and of which you should be very proud. I think 52s like yours are a credit to the whole idea and if anyone want convincing of why it's such a great idea, they just need to look at your final image to sum it all up.

Look forward to you taking part next year and a massive well done on 2014! :banana::clap:

Great! Thanks also for the comments you have given me over the year; much appreciated!:banana:

Hi Susie, nice image to end with (y) enjoy the next year will pop in now and again to say hello

Happy new year:)

Hi Susie, excellent idea and just to echo, a superb image to end on, well done :clap:

You've been a big support to others also, me included, over the last 52 weeks, thank you :) I'm certainly going to miss it :(

Like Allan, I'll keep popping in to say :wave:

Happy New year Susie , atb for the next coming '52 :)

A great idea for the theme Susie and lovely to have a reprise of some of your beautiful images. Thank you back for all your support this year - it helped a lot to have a couple of familiar names when I first joined in here (y)

Yep, wonderful idea and as Elaine says lovely to see a montage of your images all in one place.

Best of luck with next year, continue in your own style as you have done this year and yours will again be a thread worth following. :)

Great idea Susie, lovely finish to the year. You've selected 28 of your 51 that all, in some way, say "support"(y)

Two amazing images for the last two themes excellent work, really enjoyed watching your thread.

Hiya Susie

What a lovely image and a fantastic (and quite touching) sentiment. As others have mentioned, the choice of border is excellent and quite difficult with so many images... very well done there. It goes to show how many fantastic photos you have taken over the and of which you should be very proud. I think 52s like yours are a credit to the whole idea and if anyone want convincing of why it's such a great idea, they just need to look at your final image to sum it all up.

Look forward to you taking part next year and a massive well done on 2014! :banana::clap:

I can only echo what's been said, a wonderful and thoughtful finish to your 2014 TP52 :clap:

It's been a pleasure looking at your photographs this year (y)

Cheers.

HI Susie

fabulous idea & a great way to finish your challenge for 2014 :clap::clap:

wishing you all the best for 2015 & I look forward to seeing more great stuff from you in your challenge next year (y)(y)

Thank you so much everyone ...it's been a real pleasure to share the challenge with you all :)

Nonsense - Nicely done with a topical subject for the theme. I like the idea of using the jokes (!?!) amongst the used crackers

Extravagant - Maybe just a tad more lighting on the subject required but I love the subject and the addition of the roaring fire is super.

Support - Cracking used of your images from the year to fit the theme. I like the framing of theme and the slightly off centre positioning of the block of text. A great end to your 52.

Well done for finishing the year Susie :clap:

Nonsense - Nicely done with a topical subject for the theme. I like the idea of using the jokes (!?!) amongst the used crackers

Extravagant - Maybe just a tad more lighting on the subject required but I love the subject and the addition of the roaring fire is super.

Support - Cracking used of your images from the year to fit the theme. I like the framing of theme and the slightly off centre positioning of the block of text. A great end to your 52.

Well done for finishing the year Susie :clap:

Thanks Peter :) ...I was very determined to finish, and I 'm really glad I did.

Back