weekly susiejb 52 /2014 Support

Here is my offering for 'odd'. Thank you very much folk for the encouragement...i do like to look and see what everyone is doing to get some ideas and inspiration.

11710517343_a3bbedc3c7_z.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, Odd, in theme and looks sharp where it needs to be. Looks a tad dark to me and a bit more symmetry, ie front on with all the bottles may have worked better.

Only 52 more to go :)

Cheers.

Thanks Andy...I have noticed with these dark shots that they vary ... when I view them on my tablet ( as I will do later ) they can look a bit dark compared to on my computer screen so may have to do a bit of fiddling with it.

Ah, maybe me as I'm on ipad. I'll look later on my laptop.

Hi Susie,
As has already been pointed out, its a tad dark
good luck with the 52 and welcome

Hi Susie. Techically a little bit odd. as others have said, just to Dark overall to convey your intentions to the viewer. Would deffo try and have a play with alternative lighting techniques

That's nice. I like the lighting ... kinda mysterious dark moody.

I too did a bottle pic ... that was before I saw that others were posting the same sort of thing.

Thank you for the comments folks......I think it's maybe me that's a bit 'odd' because I do tend to like the 'dark and moody' to quote d00d's comment above.
However I will take the comments on board and try to go for a lighter effect.....I took a look back at some of the topics for 2013 and had a slightly eeeeek :eek: moment...but I am 100% committed to producing something every week :)

I like the composition, gives the feel of someone sorting though all the documents and getting distracted by all the photo's. I think its cool that it tells a story, I like the vignette, good shot.

Very nice and different take in the theme. Nice lighting and arrangement of the photos, really like it! (y)

Hi Susie,
A really good and different interpretation of the theme, very nicely composed too,
a great start :clap:

Very interesting and different take on the theme. The sepia processing suits the subject really well.

ooooh....Susie's really pulled out a corker here. Love the interpreation! Like how its arranged so its darker at the bottom and lighter towards the top. Very good work, worthy of praise!

Perhaps you could put a link in your posts within the 52 challange photo only thread to make it easier to find your personal 52 thread?

Last edited:
Interseting take on the theme and very nicely executed - not sure that there's a lot I'd change at all tbh.

Great start, this caught my eye in the picture thread, very different

Back