weekly Susiejb 52 in 2015 Christmas ...and that's me finished for 2015

Crown, nice idea and third person to do the idea...I'll be the forth :whistle:

Looks slightly under exposed but nicely composed.

Cheers.

Thank for looking in Andy ...I guessed there would be a lot this week so I deliberately didn't look till I'd done mine !

What a yellow explosion!

Lovely interpretation of the theme. A really nice touch adding the rogue garden Daff. It looks much better on Flickr against a dark background too.

2nd time of agreeing with Andy in the under-exposure department.

Thanks Ian I always try to view of Flickr if I can.

Hi Susie, best of the daffodil shots this week love the bit of orange in the top left, not sure about it looking underexposed looks ok to me

Thanks Allan, much appreciated :) i wonder if the under/over exposure thing is influenced by what screen it's viewed on, as it looks fine to me too :confused:

I knew there were a few daffodil pictures this week and i knew this was my favorite of the bunch (pardon the pun) but i didn't realize it was yours.
You have done it again and taken another really good picture adding the daf from the garden creating the stand out part is genius.

Thanks Simon ...much appreciate your comments ....glad you like it :)

Hey Susie [emoji4]
Good call on not making the daffs too sharp - there's still plenty of detail going on but it has a dreamy feel to it as well, very nicely done!

That looks fine on my monitor. The orange bloom is a nice touch, gives the shot a focal point.

Nice idea Susie, it does stand out (y)

Hi Susie

Crowd....good idea & well arranged (y) but def looks a little under exposed

Mouth...super shot, fab detail in the pooches muzzle (y)

Some very good close-up shots in your thread, Susie.
Although I especially like the take on RELAX - and enjoy your flight. I don't particulary like flying myself and I always wince when the captain comes out with that one.

Hey Susie [emoji4]
Good call on not making the daffs too sharp - there's still plenty of detail going on but it has a dreamy feel to it as well, very nicely done!

Thanks Ferg ...I wanted a softer look so hopefully it worked (y)

That looks fine on my monitor. The orange bloom is a nice touch, gives the shot a focal point.

Thanks Nick ...it looks fine on my ipad too ...much appreciate you taking a look :)

Nice idea Susie, it does stand out (y)

Thank you ....I appreciate you hopping in :)

Hi Susie

Crowd....good idea & well arranged (y) but def looks a little under exposed

Mouth...super shot, fab detail in the pooches muzzle (y)

Thank for looking in Lynne :)

Some very good close-up shots in your thread, Susie.
Although I especially like the take on RELAX - and enjoy your flight. I don't particulary like flying myself and I always wince when the captain comes out with that one.

Hi Bob ...thank you for taking a look at my thread .....much appreciated :)
Pilots always have such calming voices o_O

A very different take on the theme, too close for me that one Susie, well done.

Phil

Hi Susie, thats really really quite scary, I kind of get that feeling when you peer over the edge of anything high.

Nice thinking for the theme and that looks like a nice beach for a wander (y)

Hi Susie.
Errr.... Not a shot I would ever take, I'm getting vertigo just looking at it. (I don't do heights well).
Very Very clever take on the shot and well executed as I could feel my tummy turn just looking at it!

Close to the edge...not an idea that crossed my mind.

I can't decide if I'd like to see more of your feet, but liking the idea.

Cheers.

A very different take on the theme, too close for me that one Susie, well done.

Phil

Hi Susie, thats really really quite scary, I kind of get that feeling when you peer over the edge of anything high.

Nice thinking for the theme and that looks like a nice beach for a wander (y)

Hi Susie.
Errr.... Not a shot I would ever take, I'm getting vertigo just looking at it. (I don't do heights well).
Very Very clever take on the shot and well executed as I could feel my tummy turn just looking at it!

Thanks for looking folks ...it was as spur of the moment kind of thing so not particularly well composed, it is a beautiful beach ...the angle doesn't do it justice.

@Phil Bennett @alsjazzera and @LC2 Phil, Allan, and Tim ....I have to confess those are just my boots, my feet are firmly planted on safe ground, I took my boots off and put them on the edge to take the photo :oops: :$ sorry, I'm not that brave.

Hi Susie,

Close up - great idea, you must have nerves of steel to have stood that close to the edge, well done :)

Not one that would have crossed my mind either Susie,
but it works and the feet shows just "how close" to the edge.

As an aside, the group "yes" also had an album called "close to the edge" :D

Last edited:
Hi Susie,

Close up - great idea, you must have nerves of steel to have stood that close to the edge, well done :)

Thanks Lorraine as mentioned above, I did cheat a little.

Not one that would have crossed my mind either Susie,
but it works and the feet shows just "how close" to the edge.

Talking of poetry, the group "yes" also had an album called "close to the edge" :D

Thank you ...I'm glad I thought of it now :) was I talking of poetry :confused:

Close....

Christ I can't imagine having the cojones to stand that close to the edge.
Brave!

Edit......BTW CROWD......also lovely.
The single different coloured trumpet was a fine idea.

Last edited:
Close up - I'm another height hater and that gives me the collywobbles. We went to the Grand Canyon a few years ago and I had to get down on my hands and knees to look over the edge as it was way scary........

Different interpretation and works really well too (y)

Hi Susie

Close up .. that's on theme ... nice one.

BTW are those your shoes or were they left by some suicidal maniac?

Close....

Christ I can't imagine having the cojones to stand that close to the edge.
Brave!

Edit......BTW CROWD......also lovely.
The single different coloured trumpet was a fine idea.

Close up - I'm another height hater and that gives me the collywobbles. We went to the Grand Canyon a few years ago and I had to get down on my hands and knees to look over the edge as it was way scary........

Different interpretation and works really well too (y)

Hi Susie

Close up .. that's on theme ... nice one.

BTW are those your shoes or were they left by some suicidal maniac?

Thanks Ruth and Jill for looking in ....very much appreciated.
@d00d .....yes those were my boots, but my feet weren't in them :D

Hi Susie,
love your Doggie nose, good dof, nice little poser obviously kept nice and still for you(y) the yellows of the daffs is lovely and fresh very spring like:) getting close up to the edge of the cliff looks too scary for me, well done you:clap:

Hope you are keeping well,
Judix

Hi Susie,
love your Doggie nose, good dof, nice little poser obviously kept nice and still for you(y) the yellows of the daffs is lovely and fresh very spring like:) getting close up to the edge of the cliff looks too scary for me, well done you:clap:

Hope you are keeping well,
Judix

Hi Judi ....It's always lovely to see you on here, thank you for hopping in :) all good here, I hope you're keeping well too x

Hi Susie, both good images, sewing machine was one of my ideas too. I like the processing on both if I had to choose I think the sewing machine some nice detail in there

Two nice idea's Susie, I'm with the other two guys as well the sewing machine has it (y)

Hi Susie,

Two good shots there. I'm going against the flow here, no 2's my favourite, I like the angle you've shot at (or maybe it's because I just like what foodmixers produce!)

Close up - certainly looks a lovely place to be! I did smile when I read you were not actually wearing your boots, cant say I blame you!
Machine is the sewing machine one for me, like the processing too
:)

Another vote for the sewing machine here Susie.
It was a shot that occurred to be too...but I neither have a sewing machine, nor know anyone with one...which put paid to that :LOL:

I too have thought of Sewing Machine but then thought ours is a bit boring modern-looking. You've done well there Susie zooming in on the needle like that ... good reflection too. And the mixer ... (y)

Hi Susie

Sewing machine shot for me , nothing wrong with the whisk one but the the sewing machine one stands out more , like the inclusion of the reflection& the subtle color tone, don;t think it would have worked quite as well in B&W...nice work missus :clap:

Back