weekly Susiejb 52 in 2016 Celebrate

So I decided they were three good enough reasons to go off on a fungi hunt today :)
I like your thinking Susie :)
Lovely image too!

That's very well thought through and nicely composed with those dried leaves in the fg. Well taken Susie.

Well captured, alien invasive species is a good take on the theme, my first thought was that the top of the mushroom has echos of a flying saucer.

Great idea and a great photo. I like the colours and the not too shallow DoF.

Excellent idea for the theme, as mentioned above just the right amount of DoF, very good indeed

hi susie, love the After the boat ride......spiders... [shiver] ...as for Alien, you truly found one looking like a flying saucer well done

Nice shot Susie,I have some lovely Fungi shots from Brownsea that I semi pigeon holed for the Alien theme if I couldnt find what I wnated.

Ah right, good job you explained your thoughts behind the theme, my poor little brain wouldn't have got it otherwise.
Nicely separated from the background and a crisp rendering of the 'saucer'. :)

I like your thinking Susie :)
Lovely image too!
Thanks Cobra (y)

That's very well thought through and nicely composed with those dried leaves in the fg. Well taken Susie.

Thank you carl :)

Well captured, alien invasive species is a good take on the theme, my first thought was that the top of the mushroom has echos of a flying saucer.

Great minds think alike ...thanks Chris.

Excellent idea for the theme, as mentioned above just the right amount of DoF, very good indeed

Thanks Allan :)

hi susie, love the After the boat ride......spiders... [shiver] ...as for Alien, you truly found one looking like a flying saucer well done

Thank you SS ....much appreciate you looking in :)

Nice shot Susie,I have some lovely Fungi shots from Brownsea that I semi pigeon holed for the Alien theme if I couldnt find what I wnated.

I love fungi ...so many different shapes, sizes and colours.

Ah right, good job you explained your thoughts behind the theme, my poor little brain wouldn't have got it otherwise.
Nicely separated from the background and a crisp rendering of the 'saucer'. :)

Glad you got there in the end Tim :)

Ooh - I like this one a lot Susie - beautifully composed and a wonderful autumnal feel (y)

Thank Emma ....autumn sure is on its way.

A quickie today as we're off visiting relations in the Midlands tomorrow .The one I really wanted to do involved lots of mess and I had the grandsons here so I decided it wasn't advisable!

I dashed outside instead when it stopped raining. DOF is a bit tight but it will do as a placeholder.

We see plenty of this liquid here.

Liquid ... After the rain.

Liquid TP 2016 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Last edited:
Only a fool would put in a picture of a wet flower :whistle:

Nice colour, very vibrant, nice DoF to emphasise the liquid aspect, its definitely one of yours

It might be a "quickie" but it is very good, I love the colour and light against the dark background and the water drops stand out so well.

Love the colours and the droplets, Susie.

Yes, don't we just Susie .. plenty of that liquid around. Nicely taken macro and sharp detail in the droplets.

Only a fool would put in a picture of a wet flower :whistle:

Nice colour, very vibrant, nice DoF to emphasise the liquid aspect, its definitely one of yours

:D Thanks Allan.

It might be a "quickie" but it is very good, I love the colour and light against the dark background and the water drops stand out so well.

Thank you Chris :)

Its autumnal water droplets, I like it very much.:)

Thanks Shirley (y)

Love the colours and the droplets, Susie.

Thank you Ruth (y)

Yes, don't we just Susie .. plenty of that liquid around. Nicely taken macro and sharp detail in the droplets.

April showers in October o_O thank you Carl.

The darkness of the background really brings out those droplets, and perfect focus on the main raindrop - lovely!

Thanks Emma ...I liked the dark bit too.

Very seasonal, I like the way the focus is on just one rain drop and the rest fades from there, great use of DoF Susie :)

Very nice indeed Susie love the detail in the water drops. The lighting adds a feel of warmth to the image.

Very good lighting for liquid, and the warm colours work well.

Very seasonal, I like the way the focus is on just one rain drop and the rest fades from there, great use of DoF Susie :)

Thanks Chris :)

Very nice indeed Susie love the detail in the water drops. The lighting adds a feel of warmth to the image.

Thanks Mark (y)

Very good lighting for liquid, and the warm colours work well.

Thanks Bernd (y)

You sure can't beat a quickie, and that is a perfect example, I really like the dark yet warm feel to it Susie, very autumnal indeed, narrow DoF works spot on too, love it (y)...

I do wonder if it is actually the same flower as Allan :D

Thanks DK ....Allan and I are spookily on the same wavelength this week :eek: :)

Alien ... clever idea ... nicely captured with good colour.

Liquid ... atmospheric, great colour, quite beautiful. But ... I'm not sure about the OOF FG ... a very shallow DoF, I think the focal point would be better further forward. o_O

Alien ... clever idea ... nicely captured with good colour.

Liquid ... atmospheric, great colour, quite beautiful. But ... I'm not sure about the OOF FG ... a very shallow DoF, I think the focal point would be better further forward. o_O

Thanks d00d ...I thought the DOF was a bit shallow too, but had no time to mess about.

Candidate for a stacking attempt :)

I thought it was under exposed but I consider it atmospheric.

Cheers.

Atmospheric suits me fine :)

Works for me. I too like the v shallow DoF with the single droplet in sharp focus.

Thanks Tim ....pleased that you like it.

Yep ... plenty of colour and texture there susie.

A tree broken off in a storm?

No shoe horn required Susie, that trunk is well and truly cracked,
nice colours and textures :)

Lovely detail on there susie and some great lighting too. Definitely not a shoe horn in my book.

Yep ... plenty of colour and texture there susie.

A tree broken off in a storm?

Thanks d00d, yes, I guess so, there were quite a few trees that had keeled over, beautiful woodland on the Lanhydrock Estate.

Cracked, indeed. Lower left trunk draws my eye a little.

Always a shame when trees are toppled.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, I hoped it added contrast, I was tempted to do a closer crop, but decided against it.

No shoehorn at all, nice textures and colour works well

Thanks Allan :)

It certainly is cracked and weathered.
Good detail in the texture there and the shot has a fore, middle and background.

Thanks Tim (y)

Last edited:
No shoe horn required Susie, that trunk is well and truly cracked,
nice colours and textures :)

Thanks Chris (y)

Not a shoehorn at all Susie, funnily enough that was one thing I was hoping to see in the woods on Sunday :) real nice textures you have captured there, and I love the contrast against the bark (y)

Thank you DK ...glad you like it :)

I love natural textures like that, so its a thumb up from me.

Thanks Mark(y)

Lovely detail on there susie and some great lighting too. Definitely not a shoe horn in my book.

Thanks Mark, it was a beautiful Autumn day today.

Back