weekly Susiejb 52 in 2016 Celebrate

Definitely soft reflection for me, you have composed it really well nice amount of space around it, very good indeed

I agree I too prefer the soft reflection, nice elegant simplicity, well lit

Thanks Chris ...it was a last minute idea, I'm glad I tried it now.

The soft one for me too , Susie. They do look like skyscrapers maybe on a lakeside. The London shot is fun too - it was very clever to think of the mirror image. I like being in the hustle and bustle of it for a short time, but 6 months or so daily commuting many years ago was enough for me!

Thanks Emma, I rushed it a bit but didn't want to get behind. Must admit London was amazing .... but I wouldn't want it every day.

Definitely soft reflection for me, you have composed it really well nice amount of space around it, very good indeed

Thanks Allan, I really appreciate that :)

soft one for me. Arranged like a cluster of tall and not-so-tall buildings in some oil rich country. Nice work. (y)

First one is great, really nicely shot and great reflections. What did you use for the base ? Some sort of acrylic ?

soft one for me. Arranged like a cluster of tall and not-so-tall buildings in some oil rich country. Nice work. (y)

Thanks d00d, that was the idea, it might be one I'll try again.

OOo the soft reflection for me too, appears more like a river below the skyscrapers, this image I just love :clap:

Thanks DK :) much appreciated.

First one is great, really nicely shot and great reflections. What did you use for the base ? Some sort of acrylic ?

Thanks Mark, the base is glass on black card, to get the soft reflection I blurred the whole thing and then layered the two together, leaving the original at the top.

Nicely thought out Susie, and very seasonal too :)

Hi Susie,
Arranged - The second shot for me, I much prefer the sharp reflections. Looks like I'm running contrary to the general consensus though.
Male / Female - Very seasonal, vibrant and on theme. :)

+1 for the soft reflections for arranged!

Great idea for Male / Female. I didn't know that they even made special Christmas cards for in laws!

Last edited:
And a very seasonal one at that Susie, like it :)

Well thought out Susie.(y)

very apt for time of the year and theme fitting too.

Very seasonal and to the point well thought out

Colourful Susie and bang on theme (like the fancy ballpoint).

Neat idea, nicely put together, nice subtle frame job. (y)

Nicely thought out Susie, and very seasonal too :)

Hi Susie,
Arranged - The second shot for me, I much prefer the sharp reflections. Looks like I'm running contrary to the general consensus though.
Male / Female - Very seasonal, vibrant and on theme. :)

Cant say any better than this ....nice job.

+1 for the soft reflections for arranged!

Great idea for Male / Female. I didn't know that they even made special Christmas cards for in laws!

Thank you very much all ....I really appreciate all your comments :)

Interesting subject matter Susie, seasonal too :)

They look like lamp shades stacked up interesting decorations

Thanks Alan, I think they are old lampshades recovered, I just liked the fact they were covered with little snippets of history.

Oh yes, those are very unusual - a 1950's feel.

Yes they are very '50's, I won't say I remember them :)

Interesting subject matter Susie, seasonal too :)

I thought that, nice and Christmassy.

I like male/female good idea for the theme.
Out and about - christmas trees meet lampshades meet up-cycling, interesting find, it's a bit difficult to judge the scale but you have kept the details against the light inside the decorations.

Very unusual, well spotted and well composed.

I like male/female good idea for the theme.
Out and about - christmas trees meet lampshades meet up-cycling, interesting find, it's a bit difficult to judge the scale but you have kept the details against the light inside the decorations.

Thanks Chris, these were about 4' tall, some were well over 6'.

If it wasn't for the advert on the closest decoration, there could be a row of some kind of Japanese pagodas.
Well spotted.

Thanks Tim, they did look really good.

Very unusual, well spotted and well composed.

Thank you Bernd.

What a wonderful idea for decorations - reminiscent of Christmas trees and packed with history - lovely!

Thanks Emma, I liked the idea behind it too, they must have taken ages to make, there were loads of them in different sizes.

Very unusual and arty Christmas Trees (???)

Thanks Stan, it was interesting to see something a bit different.

Well my last one of the year is a celebration of magic,mystery, and make believe (okay its a bit of a shoehorn)

I went to the Rogue Theater in the Tehidy Woods again today...a two hours escape into a world of fantasy, grandkids (and I) loved it.

:ty:Also, a huge thank you to everyone who has commented on my thread and offered support and encouragement throughout this year :ty:

Celebrate TP 2016 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Last edited:
A great image to finish with Susie (y)

Magical indeed Susie - what a great choice and such lovely detail and colour.

:agree: Lovely engaging expression on the actor's face, great festive finish!

Back