weekly Susiejb 52 in 2016 Celebrate

I read about that too Susie, very sad.
Fortunate (hmm not really but you know what I mean) that you were in the right place to take the shot.
Would be good if there was a way to give the image to the poor owner of Walnut.

Doesn't get more more on theme than taking your own press photo, good idea well captured

Saw this yesterday on the BBC news website very touching, spot on susie (y)

Thank you Allan :)

I saw it too, just amazing.

It was definitely worth seeing Shirley.

Very much on theme Susie, and such a good turn out for Walnut too (y)

Yes, bless him. a faithful friend to his owner.

Spot on Susie - I read about it too ... very touching. Very Lowry-esque ... love it.

Thanks @Carl Ayling
Carl ..you echoed my own thoughts about Lowry, in fact I really like this one for that very reason, I almost posted it but I didn't think it suited the theme as good as the other one.

Walnuts last walk by Susiejb, on Flickr

I read about that too Susie, very sad.
Fortunate (hmm not really but you know what I mean) that you were in the right place to take the shot.
Would be good if there was a way to give the image to the poor owner of Walnut.

Thanks Tim, there was so much coverage I'm sure he managed to get lots of mementos, It was really something to see all those wonderful dogs racing around the beach, I'm sure the owner was thrilled with the turnout.

Couldn't be better theme wise :)

Thank you DK :)

I think I'm the only one who have no idea about that. Anyway very theme fitting.

You've probably seen it somewhere by now Stan.

Doesn't get more more on theme than taking your own press photo, good idea well captured

Thanks Chris, the moment I saw it I knew that was my choice for the week.

I saw this on facebook this week too - what a wonderful idea of the owner and a perfect response to the theme.

Thanks Emma ...it was a very touching experience.

Hi, saw this on Flipboard.

Good show.

Nice vantage point.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, yes, I walked up on the headland so I could look down, had a great view of all the dogs and people.

Hi Susie lovely image for News I listened to them talk about it on Radio 2 I was sat in my office with tears in my eyes. A great image of a sad but memorable occasion for Walnuts family

Great sad news story. Heart warming and well captured!

That most certainly is bang on the theme, nice processing too Susie (y)

Spot on and I really like the way you have muted down the colour but kept a bit of warmth in the hands.

Nice bit of sc Susie. Great choice - never thought of that - like the compo too.

Very good for the theme and nicely done for selective colour as someone said above nicely composed too

The agile young fingers say Young, the bracelet adds. (y) ... and white vignette? ... nice one.

Last edited:
Great photo for young, right on theme and the selective colouring works very well.

I really like the processing on Young Susie very effective and a great take on the theme.

That most certainly is bang on the theme, nice processing too Susie (y)

Spot on and I really like the way you have muted down the colour but kept a bit of warmth in the hands.

:agree: really nice choice for the theme Susie :)

Nice bit of sc Susie. Great choice - never thought of that - like the compo too.

Great idea, spot on theme.:)

Very good for the theme and nicely done for selective colour as someone said above nicely composed too

The agile young fingers say Young, the bracelet adds. (y) ... and white vignette? ... nice one.

Very original idea Susie, lots of young there, from un-worn hands to mobile obsession, so spot on (y)

Great photo for young, right on theme and the selective colouring works very well.

As everyone has said, great idea for the theme and executed well.
Surely it's more focal colour than selective colour, so I guess you're excused ;)

I really like the processing on Young Susie very effective and a great take on the theme.

:ty::ty::ty:

Thank you very much for looking in everyone, very much appreciate your comments, I'm way behind this week.

Heaven knows if this photo accurately reflects my thoughts on the topic this week ...
I've just spent four days in London with my grandaughter, normally my life consists of walks on deserted beaches, open spaces, and fresh air. I took this on my iphone as I was leaving Waterloo Station to come home, everyone was hurrying and I was struck by the contrast to my everyday life. I've used the mirror image to emphasize the rush!

Culture Shock

Culture TP 2016 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Another great idea Susie - it would have been a Culture shock. I like the mirror effect (it has created a comic turbaned face in the centre at the very top of frame).

Meh, that doesn't look very busy, try about 20 minutes before that, or 17:30.
Or maybe look at the top of the escalators for The Jubilee, or wander down to the entrance to The Drain.
Oh, and try it 5 days a week ;)

It's certainly an interesting perspective on Waterloo, taken like that with the reflection to the left.
I'm trying to place you... Somewhere near platform 19 / the old Eurostar, on the mezzanine?
(y)

I think it works really well Susie, I like the mirror image it emphasises the crowd in a kind of claustrophobic way if you know what i mean

Another great idea Susie - it would have been a Culture shock. I like the mirror effect (it has created a comic turbaned face in the centre at the very top of frame).

Thanks Carl ....yes, that does look like a face doesn't it :)

Meh, that doesn't look very busy, try about 20 minutes before that, or 17:30.
Or maybe look at the top of the escalators for The Jubilee, or wander down to the entrance to The Drain.
Oh, and try it 5 days a week ;)

It's certainly an interesting perspective on Waterloo, taken like that with the reflection to the left.
I'm trying to place you... Somewhere near platform 19 / the old Eurostar, on the mezzanine?
(y)

:D I did get crushed like sardine on the underground.
Although I had a brilliant visit, when I walked along the cliff top today I just thought 'it's good to be home'.
We were in front of Hotel Chocolat :) my original photo did have the escalator in but it must have disappeared with the mirror image.

I think it works really well Susie, I like the mirror image it emphasises the crowd in a kind of claustrophobic way if you know what i mean

Thanks Allan that was the feeling I wanted, I'm pleased you like it :)

I bet it was a culture shock, I live in a large town but I hate London with a vengeance too!
Clever idea for the theme, nice processing :)

Clever idea with the angled mirror effect really gives it a culture shock feel, it really fits the theme.

Culture Shock ... what a great twist on the theme, but I don't believe you're that much a bumpkin.

Well done for coming up with the mirrored idea, works a treat. (y)

I bet it was a culture shock, I live in a large town but I hate London with a vengeance too!
Clever idea for the theme, nice processing :)

Thanks Chris, it was very special to spend time with my grandaughter so I did like some bits :)

Clever idea with the angled mirror effect really gives it a culture shock feel, it really fits the theme.

Thanks Chris (y)

Culture Shock ... what a great twist on the theme, but I don't believe you're that much a bumpkin.

Well done for coming up with the mirrored idea, works a treat. (y)

Thanks @d00d .... there was lots I liked about London.

I had quite a few ideas but the mirror effect worked the best, I thought it continued my Lowry theme after Walnuts last walk. I rather like those dark figures frozen in time.

Last edited:
Very clever idea for culture, and I like the mirroring and processing.

Arrange ...I saw something like this and liked it so I thought I'd have a try ...I started off with the sharp reflection but I think I like it better with the softer one. I was hoping they would look like sykscrapers but I think I maybe needed a few more to get the effect o_O it's all good practice !

Arrange (shadow) TP 2016 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Arrange TP 2016 by Susiejb, on Flickr

I agree I too prefer the soft reflection, nice elegant simplicity, well lit

The soft one for me too , Susie. They do look like skyscrapers maybe on a lakeside. The London shot is fun too - it was very clever to think of the mirror image. I like being in the hustle and bustle of it for a short time, but 6 months or so daily commuting many years ago was enough for me!

Back