sworks TP52 2017 thread

Think it would have worked best with burger in focus and no eye contact. Nice idea for the theme. (y)

I think I would rather have the burger in focus, as that's more to the point for the theme, but without seeing it, hard to really say. no reason why you shouldn't post both images to your personal thread (just not to the main one) if you're in two minds.

Why f/2.8? Looking at the exif you could probably have gone to 1/60th sec and f/4 which would have given a bit more leeway on the DoF (I don't know the 1D3, can you push the iso above 800?)

Thanks for the good advice, I shot at 2.8 as I was conscious of the need to throw the background out of focus as it wasn't particularly very nice. I thought I would of got away with the dof but shot with two focus points just in case, f4 would of been better but not sure I would of had enough dof to get both in focus? I use a single point of focus, would multiple work better? Good shout at posting more than one image in my own thread

Great idea and well composed. And what others have said about the focus point.

Yes, #2 for me too Mark - more detail of the beard along the jaw line although I prefer the expression of the first ... just a hint of a smile.

#2 .... tho both are a little tight at the bottom ?? o_O

Comfort - that looked very tasty, good shot for the theme, my only crit is the focus should be on the burger.

Hairy - wow thats certainly bang on for the theme, second image for me, composition is better.

Last edited:
#1 for me, the face turned away has more attitude.
I wonder if there isn't a stronger crop though, shifting him to the camera right of the image and cropping into the head a little.
It would then have him looking across the image from the edge, rather than from the centre.

Pushed for time again, not my best work and taken this evening but still here :)

Much shoe-hornage here :clap:
I spent time looking at the dash and wondering what the car is.
I also like the graduation of the light between the lit section of the dash and the shadow. the way the colour is more intense in the shadow.

Fits the theme for sure Mark. Colourful too. Keep going ... it's all good fun.

Hi Mark :)

Hairy - I much prefer the second image, even though the light is stronger on his head the rest of his face for me has a better colour, and the detail in his beard is clearer too :)

Smooth - Another clever one using an LCD display, I like these, and think your composition works well, I am also really liking the colour and the dark surroundings... works well (y)

Some good shots I like the 1st hairy shot better than the 2nd.
and I like the orange lights on smoothex dial good choice

Thanks for the comments. I'm running behind this week, photo is ready to go but although my pc says it's connected to the internet web pages won't load.

I remember the advert Mark ... the slogan was Liquid Engineering. Nice compo with the oil filling the spanner head.

I remember seeing a take on that advert in last year's 52...

It is on theme, but I think there's a better composition in there.

As with the others, more focus/closer on the oil and spanner head, loved the advert.

(y)

Thanks for the comments, I'm officially running behind and need a catchup

Back