Talk Photography Day 2013

I did it last year and will do it again this year. We are due our first baby the next day, 1st September, so could be interesting times!
Everyone please make the effort to participate to make this year a really big one.

Were due 10 days after you....... eeeeekk !! Are you nervous?

I plan to take part in this aswell, although I'm not sure what I'll shoot that day ...

Im for it again, but without breaking my leg this time! (I hope).

If I keep thinking about this, I might (possibly!) remember it and take a shot or 2 for it (yes, I'll choose just one of them, probably an early morning one since I'm still waking at sparrow fart and we'll be in GMT+3 - here's hoping for a decent sunrise over the Akrotiri peninsula on 31/08/2013...)

What constitutes hi-res for this purpose? Are we talking just for screen use or possibly large print? Any particular format/aspect ratio preferred?

initially it will be screen use Nod, I will decide on exact sizes in due course when i have the page set up that will run the slideshow, but hang onto full size hi-res incase we manage to sort anything out by way of a book. The looking round I have done is very much a case of price will be dependent on how many entries we get [as in, number of pages required] so will look at that further once we have numbers.

OK, I am going to add this to the first post too, but thanks to Simmotino we have a small sig banner to add to your forum signature, those of you that would be so kind (y)

if you add the following code to your sig, it will make the banner a clickable link to this thread - BUT you MUST replace 'r' in the first url tab and the 'm' in the first img tag for it to work - I have put dashes in to stop it autolinking :nuts:

[u-l=http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=492845][i-g]http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/data/2138/tp_day_2013_sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Ta for clarification. I always keep originals anyway :D . It won't be a D800 file anyway - I'm travelling light(ish!) again. Toying with the idea of the D70 and superzoom as well as the baby Xs rather than the bridge.

if you add the following code to your sig, it will make the banner a clickable link to this thread - BUT you MUST replace 'r' in the first url tab and the 'm' in the first img tag for it to work - I have put dashes in to stop it autolinking :nuts:

Done (y)

Keep thumping the 'Preview Signature' button till it looks right - took me three goes :wacky:

Think I'll give this a go, did last years and now I know I'll be attending 2 running events that day, but might have to be a bit more imaginative

I will be fully mobile this year and will use it as an opportunity to get the very most out of my photo on the day. Yes photos can be taken from a hospital bed but I will climb a mountain or something similar (yea right) and appreciate that I am in a much better place for this years entry :)

I’m not good with photography. Hopefully, I’l manage a better shot this time . :shrug::shrug::shrug:

Heading off on holiday tomorrow, going to see if I can sneak the tripod into one of the cases with this in mind. Fingers crossed!

(The tripod will be OK in a case I hope)

Well, this would be a bump if the thread wasn't stickied!

I'm afraid my time stamp will be in GMT - I keep all of them set to that since it's constant (and means I don't need to change them all twice a year...)

time stamp :thinking: I don't think I've ever set the clock on any of my cameras - best find out how before next week

I'll tweet a bit... just been informed that we're going to spend the weekend at my mother in laws... wasn't impressed until I heard of plans to visit the golden hind thingy on Saturday... photo opportunity saved :D

I'll tweet a bit... just been informed that we're going to spend the weekend at my mother in laws... wasn't impressed until I heard of plans to visit the golden hind thingy on Saturday... photo opportunity saved :D

PHEW!! And you can use it as an excuse to stay out all day of course, because every photo will never be quite right :naughty: :D

Back