Talk Photography on tour.....Majorca!!!

..... @blondie606 brazenly taking photos of male genitalia in broad daylight is particularly memorable!! :LOL: And before she denies it, Dean has photographic proof!! :naughty:
Just trying to dig it up now mate :D

Genuine thanks to all three of you for making this trip such a pleasure. Here's to the next one!! :beer:
Here Here , it's been fantastic, from the mammoth Vodka's to close to death mountain climbs, there has been hair raising moments to neally in tears - loved it all, thanks guys x x x

Genuine thanks to all three of you for making this trip such a pleasure. Here's to the next one!! :beer:

Here Here , it's been fantastic, from the mammoth Vodka's to close to death mountain climbs, there has been hair raising moments to neally in tears - loved it all, thanks guys x x x

Totally agree. It's been a cracking meet. Here's looking forward the TP52 2015 meet :naughty:

Cheers.

And here is 3 very quick edits from this morning outing... I will give them and the rest a proper whirl in a few days :)

A couple of shots of the Jetty again... a couple of different views..

Misty Jetty by TP DK, on Flickr

Misty Jetty 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

And finally a 'back up' photo of the gang (Lynne took the official ones :D)... Damien, Myself, Lynne and Andy :)

TP On Tour 2015 - The A Team by TP DK, on Flickr

Got back safe and sound last night. :crying:

Landed bang on time but then none of us could remember which car park we'd parked in! Found the cars after a treasure hunt in the dark....glad to be in my own bed last night but bittersweet in a way.

Anyway, another panoramic from my phone. This one is of Palma Cathedral during a last little stop off on the way to the airport.

Palma De Mallorca Cathedral Pano - HTC One

Last edited:
Got back safe and sound last night. :crying:

Landed bang on time but then non of us could remember which car park we'd parked in! Found the cars after a treasure hunt in the dark....glad to be in my own bed last night but bittersweet in a way.

Anyway, another panoramic from my phone. This one is of Palma Cathedral during a last little stop off on the way to the airport.

Palma De Mallorca Cathedral Pano - HTC One

I'm very impressed with your phone shots, looks like a phone upgrade may be on the cards for me after all..

Glad you all had a great time, it certainly shows [emoji4]

Some stunning images on here folks. probably many of us green with envy. Hopefully you've all sobered up now. :beer:

I'm very impressed with your phone shots, looks like a phone upgrade may be on the cards for me after all..

Glad you all had a great time, it certainly shows [emoji4]

Thank you. That's very kind.

I have the HTC One M7. It's a little out of date now, and only packs 4MP but it does its job. No idea what the HTC One M8 is like but I assume it'll be better. The M9 has just been announced too. The upgrades never end!

Some stunning images on here folks. probably many of us green with envy. Hopefully you've all sobered up now. :beer:

My legs are killing me and I haven't stopped yawning all day but it's entirely worth it.

@Dark Knight was straight back to work today.....the poor bugger!! :sleep:

Last two from my phone. I might share a few from my DSLR at some point but don't hold your breath....I haven't even backed up my memory card yet and I'm not known for rushing! I've just uploaded my mobile photos to Flickr so I can stick them in their own thread when I get round to it. Photobucket is rubbish for hosting pics!

So, one of the jetty a few minutes from the hotel, which you might have already seen a few times earlier in this thread. Also one of the wonderful sunset at Santuary San Salvador near Felantix. Both photos taken, edited and uploaded using only my mobile phone.

I went to Alcudia last year and scouted out a few places before i went, I went to that jetty one night and the folloing morning but the weather was rubbish so decided against it. Just up the coast a couple of miles past the Golf course at Aucanada there's a small island with a little lighthouse on, quite pretty views but typically on the morning i decided to go the sunrise was completely cloudless! Sods law eh! Looks like you guys had a good trip, the old town at Alcudia is quite nice isn't it, we walked along the old town wall and had some dinner in the main square. Good memories :)

Here's one of the pics from the cloudless morning at isla aucanada with the lighthouse and one of the sunsets from Port D'Alcudia :)
Let me know if you want me to remove them :)

Nick

Very nice Nick, liking both of them, the clouds and colours in the second are wonderful... I would have liked to get that lighthouse shot with a good sunrise :)
I had been looking forward to it all week, every morning we had absolutely beautiful sunrises with loads of fast moving cloud and the sun came up in the perfect direction. Sods law that I waited until the second last day to go so as not to disrupt the family holiday and it was completely cloudless I couldnt believe it!

I took this one too the same night as that long exposure - the sunsets there are unbelievably pretty!

:)

Hate to say it, Andy, but our jetty invader might have done you a favour there....I really like that one!! :)

Still can't work out what he was doing when he got to the end but each to their own!! :confused:

Have to agree there, a really eerie look to it, a really nice shot.

Great detail and lighting on all the other shots too, all very much great elements of the walkabouts (y)

Damn I wish we were still there :(

Will be editing some of mine tomorrow so hope to have a few hours reminiscing :)

Damn I wish we were still there :(

Couldn't agree more. I'm constantly boring Mrs Slimbert to death with stories of the trip....there's no sign of me slowing down yet either!! :D

Will be editing some of mine tomorrow so hope to have a few hours reminiscing :)

I finally uploaded my memory card to the PC earlier today to get the group shot posted on here, but didn't look at anything else apart from the thumbnails.

I'm saving mine for Sunday morning while I watch the F1. I'll post half a dozen or so as soon as they are done....fingers crossed there's some goodun's!! :nailbiting:

Did I really see a photo o Damian with not only his DSLR out, but on a tripod as well ,,, wow, seriously looks like you had a fab time

You having flashbacks of Dean's driving, Andy?! :runaway:

Have a JD and Coke to help calm you down....but not a Spanish measure!! :hungover:
And what was wrong with my driving ???

I recall, when back in the UK only going round one roundabout the wrong way :whistle:

Did I really see a photo o Damian with not only his DSLR out, but on a tripod as well ,,, wow, seriously looks like you had a fab time

And filters....don't forget the filters :)

And what was wrong with my driving ???

I recall, when back in the UK only going round one roundabout the wrong way :whistle:

Compared to the Mexicans you were not that bad.....the drunk Mexicana that is ;)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Really like the candid from the market, Lynne.....very good!! :)

Interesting seeing everyone's take on the various locations. I went a bit left field with my compositions.....will find out tomorrow what they look like. Should have some uploaded sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening!!

Tell me about it...been at the computer since about 2pm....and only about 1/2 way through my shots !

Here's a couple I'm reasonably pleased with...

Oh, my, I can still taste the doughnuts :)

#2, was I there?? Don't remember such a wonderful sky and you've composed really well for the FG interest and maintained a very good shadow detail...like this one a lot.

#3, nice water and the hint of rock at the bottom with it's lovely light is to my liking.

Good show....what I said about getting back there in 5 years is becoming even more appealing :banana:

Cheers.

Yes very nice indeed... they all have a different feel to them for me.

The market shot is lovely and bold, beautifully frozen action and a great DoF.

The reservoir shot , liking your position and foreground, the pastel colours look wonderful, would look nice on a canvas !!

Sunrise near the marina has a great misty look, again loving the colours and the light on the rocks.

The last reservoir shot I'm fascinated with the mottled water, what a great texture...

I can see why you are pleased with these Lynne, I sure hope mine come up this well (y)

Back